Author Topic: Couple of fixes  (Read 1000 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Couple of fixes
« on: June 04, 2022, 03:30:18 AM »
Stop tanks from being able to hide inside of buildings. I’m asking for the many I see writing on 200 and country that feel it’s ruining the GV game. Personally I feel that it’s not that hard to avoid them in most situations and would rather see new planes/vehicles like the J2M, even though I have lost a lot of GV perks to this…

You can bomb the bldg, but was told that you can kill them (if you know which bldg) by shooting HE into them, haven’t had the opportunity to try that yet.

So for all those that complain quite often about this yet won’t come on here and ask, if it can be fixed please do. I was reminded that fixing it may cause bugs and other issues…

Also, I’ve noticed auto-ack shooting my tank through trees (see leaves falling off) and even bldg’s sometimes, yet I can’t get a round from cannon or pintle to hit the autogun from my position. Seems like HE rounds exploding on a branch, tree or object still should do damage around it.

:salute
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 03:34:01 AM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Couple of fixes
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2022, 10:11:05 AM »
Good points Rotbaron. I haven't tried the HE round trick yet either, I know the bombing works but not sure about eh HE rounds. Hope that is the case. Anyone using that bug to game the game is certainly playing unethically.

I believe the building access for gv's is due to a flaw in the "tree stuck gv" routine Hitech developed to get gv's moving again when stuck on trees.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 08:38:24 PM »
1Ump said the HE rounds into the bldg they’re hiding in works, so, from a trustworthy source…

Of course we’ll have to figure out which bldg first, only a few times have I seen their shot round come out of the bldg.

00PK was really heated about this last night, sky is falling type stuff…I don’t really agree with him that it’s enough to drive veteran players to quit, however it is quite aggravating to many, frustrating at the least.

Of course it’s usually not hard to find those that love to bomb GVs and call them in to help  :devil

:salute

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 07:49:41 AM »
  There's no reason a tank should not be able to hide in a hangar.  If I can park my plane in a hangar, a tank would fit as well. 

Besides, if someone knows which hangar, it is easier for me to aim a bomb at a hangar than to find the tank in the trees.   :evil:
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 09:16:22 AM »
  There's no reason a tank should not be able to hide in a hangar.  If I can park my plane in a hangar, a tank would fit as well. 

Besides, if someone knows which hangar, it is easier for me to aim a bomb at a hangar than to find the tank in the trees.   :evil:

We're not talking about hiding in hangers, there is a bug that allows gv's to enter the 3 story building in the villages of the terrain. Once inside  you can see out and shoot, without being seen. It's gaming the game and certainly unethically to use it, but many are.  :mad:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2022, 09:27:15 AM »
Then again, I love flattening the villages anyway  :devil :devil
It might mess with my habit of flying down the streets between the buildings though.....  :headscratch:
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2022, 03:02:54 PM »
We're not talking about hiding in hangers, there is a bug that allows gv's to enter the 3 story building in the villages of the terrain. Once inside  you can see out and shoot, without being seen. It's gaming the game and certainly unethically to use it, but many are.  :mad:

Ah. I did not know that. Is this in the town, or in the buildings outside town?  It would be good to know what to bomb.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2022, 08:33:27 PM »
Ah. I did not know that. Is this in the town, or in the buildings outside town?  It would be good to know what to bomb.

It’s in the village bldgs/homes outside of towns or out near GV spawns.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2022, 09:37:25 PM »
Tried the HE thing, it did not work for me.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2022, 11:05:55 AM »
I was not able to duplicate this. I went to the three story buildings outside town, and could not get my tank inside.  It might be a specific building on a specific map.  The next time someone sees this, they should post the recording.

Alternatively, I did find I could hide in the trees right next to the building. 
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2022, 11:07:11 AM »
Tried the HE thing, it did not work for me.

Do you have a recording?
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2022, 04:27:05 PM »
I was not able to duplicate this. I went to the three story buildings outside town, and could not get my tank inside.  It might be a specific building on a specific map.  The next time someone sees this, they should post the recording.

Alternatively, I did find I could hide in the trees right next to the building.

It’s not as simple as just driving up to the house and it lets you in.

If you’re tuned to 200 and you see players berating those doing this you could go and film it and see how they do it.