Author Topic: wow! Op abuse to the max. 99capera?  (Read 1704 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
wow! Op abuse to the max. 99capera?
« on: May 28, 2022, 06:47:39 PM »
Not sure who, maybe 00PK but one of the two. I'll send the text photos to AH (not sure how to post them here) but really. Wholly innocuous. #s going down and I get warned for this??

Apologies to readers of this thread I don't know how to link it but it was ridiculous to the extreme that I would be warned. Someone doesn't like me (there are many) or someone likes to wield power they are unfit to use.
If I figure out how to post the thread I will. Otherwise...HT..your moderator is sacrificing your game for personal agendas. Read what happened and decide for yourself.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 06:49:56 PM by molybdenum »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: wow! Op abuse to the max. 99capera?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2022, 07:08:28 PM »
 :uhoh  This never ends as intended.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 07:08:33 PM »
Op? Operation, over powered, original post(er)?

Innocuous?  Doesn’t sound like you think so…

Muted by mod I’m assuming?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2022, 07:50:53 PM »
I was muted too..... initially 10 min.....then 120. Both not justified.....so I spoke to Hitech about this. He stands with his moderators....and I respect that. I just think he needs to look a little closer at the 'decisions' of his moderators.

Totally get the need for moderation. Do NOT agree that current MODS rarely spend any time in the sim......then pop in out of nowhere, and start policing. Days/weeks go by.....zero moderation. Then Saturday, of the third week in May, and Joey MOD is online.....handing out mutes like smarties. Little trigger happy.....Mr MOD.  Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

The be an effective moderator, you need to be neutral and....fair. If you are lacking either one of these traits, you should of never been considered for the job.

Happy flying.....ya miserable bastrds   :D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 08:37:19 PM by capera »

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2022, 05:48:46 AM »
Yeah, moderator.
I had an in-game conversation with 99capera and he got muted for two hours, too, for something just as innocuous.

I've just done through some photos I took of the conversation, and the absolute worst I ever said was this:

00PK: capera are you and osmium the same woman? I think one of you is the other's shade.
osmium: PK just an idiot, as are most dogmatic ppl either political side.

That's it. That's really it. That's all it was. And that gets a warning?

Seriously, HT, you're losing players as it is. Do you really want to have your moderators push more out the door?

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2022, 06:42:29 AM »
I suggest that you. All very carefully reread the rules of conversation in this gAme
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2022, 07:36:21 AM »
To be fair, moderators should be better than the people who need moderators. Oh wait...

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2022, 10:41:13 AM »
I was there, and while nothing you guys said back and forth was "earth shattering" your problem comes in when you started to confront the MODs.

Many of us while having a heated discussion with another player has gotten the "Calm down" warning from a MOD. Had you just dropped it all would have been fine, but you both started with "Where just having a conversation here" type comments to the MOD which a BIG no-no. 99capera got his little time out and came back barking at the MOD and poof he was gone for two hours. You even siad your "good-bye" in your last post because you mouthed of to the MOD in your last post. So, all in all well deserved.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2022, 11:30:13 AM »
Got a warning a few days ago when I tried to <S> a player called HIT.   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2022, 11:58:42 AM »
Jesus just shut up and fly.  Want to chirp at each other?  Fine get teamspeak or a myriad of other ways to communicate.  Very few people want to read or listen to a bunch of BS drama. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2022, 12:12:59 PM »
Jesus just shut up and fly.  Want to chirp at each other?  Fine get teamspeak or a myriad of other ways to communicate.  Very few people want to read or listen to a bunch of BS drama.

^This.  :old:

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2022, 12:15:50 PM »
^^this as well. I'm really just here for flying fun. I don't really care what happens in chat. Besides, Redfoxx and I were actually able to fare extremely well in the Match Play arena without a word of communication. And that was despite being swarmed with Hurricanes and Mustangs!
You'd be surprised how little chat can matter.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2022, 07:04:30 PM »
If I get that little box I type no more  :old:

Never been muted. Some subjects need to stay off 200.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2022, 10:16:44 AM »
As I recall I usually had better and more important things to do when I was 'flying' than chest pounding, insulting other players, or reading insults hurled at me.  Ya know, staying alive, landing kills, communicating with my squad mates.  Stuff like that.  Oh sure I'd throw up a <S> from time to time after a good fight or someone took advantage of me not being aware but hey, it's a game, let's go.  I'm telling you boys I am practically foaming out the mouth looking forward to being all set up and flying again. 

Oh and I talked to a mod on r/flightsim on reddit yesterday.  You guys complaining about low numbers should go post some films and stuff there.  Maybe get some people interested and improve the numbers.  They said it was cool and I quote

'You can post about any sort of flight sim. I remember Aces High— I used to play with an old friend from college. The only things we really restrict is posting links to YouTube, etc where there is monetization opportunities (and you can still post those in our weekly sticky self promotion post)

I don’t know that there’s a huge following here but I’m also sure plenty would like to hear about it.'
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2022, 10:17:15 AM »
Mano, lol, you should get muted for fibbing about your “poor innocent m8” that you are so deadly in.
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back