Author Topic: ENY?  (Read 5493 times)

Offline Rezdog

• Zinc Member
ENY?
« on: June 05, 2022, 04:32:49 PM »
ENY, What is it good for? Absolutely Nothing! lol.

I thought everyone agreed we all loved it when we had that ENY Holiday a few years back?   Whatever happened to the idea of scrapping ENY? 
RezDog
Unteroffizier - Jagdflieger
I/JG3 Udet (Hoenjager) C.O. Twodogs5

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: ENY?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 05:29:29 PM »
ENY, What is it good for? Absolutely Nothing! lol.

I thought everyone agreed we all loved it when we had that ENY Holiday a few years back?   Whatever happened to the idea of scrapping ENY?

About a half dozen players 'loved' it.  :old:

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 05:30:46 PM »
Another dead horse ENY complaint
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2022, 05:49:45 PM »
Refusing to even sides is why ENY is necessary. Ive never found it to hinder me what so ever, even when I’m stuck on the side with a 20-30eny limit
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 05:57:02 PM by Bopgun »
Ingame: StepSis

Needs help with homework!

Offline sanfordpaul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2022, 06:00:26 PM »
I like ENY. Makes you fly different planes.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2022, 08:57:10 PM »
Nearly every night after ~midnight EST one country (usually Knights) will have ~2x the players of the other countries, often even more than both combined, yet will have less in flight.

When ENY is 20+ forget about any fair chance in the GV game.

The old argument that 10 tower sitters up all at the same time/run a mission and that’s why ENY is good is null at this point. There’s just not enough players at off peak for that to happen, except on rare occasion. The only missions I see at anytime anymore are Bish and few and far between. 

When there’s less than 50 players on I don’t see how it helps anything at all, and that’s also when ENY changes are the most drastic.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Rezdog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2022, 09:13:43 PM »
ENY is useless.   It's an unnecessary annoyance at best, doesn't work as intended unless that intent was to discourage players from this game, and a PITA for mission planners.  As far as attempting to even things out, you get more millage out of the side switcher thing than ENY on a good day. 
RezDog
Unteroffizier - Jagdflieger
I/JG3 Udet (Hoenjager) C.O. Twodogs5

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2022, 09:54:23 PM »
I like ENY. Makes you fly different planes.

Agreed.

- oldman (...but...but...what if I don't WANT to fly different planes??)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2022, 07:28:17 AM »
Looks like ENY works as intended.
Some were not flying.... probably doing what you were doing, taking a while to investigate why they are limited. The simple fix, even sides.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2022, 07:23:28 AM »
…Ive never found it to hinder me what so ever, even when I’m stuck on the side with a 20-30eny limit

So this concludes it does nothing.

Yet somehow it’s “necessary”.  :headscratch:
Who is John Galt?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2022, 07:34:40 AM »
Plenty of planes to fly that don't need this

Too bad it doesn't limit active bases forcing closer fights of all 3 countries

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2022, 07:38:59 AM »
Looks like ENY works as intended.
Some were not flying.... probably doing what you were doing, taking a while to investigate why they are limited. The simple fix, even sides.

Why is “even” the goal?  strength varies. the wars are won. the goal is to win the war. the goal is not “Stalemate”.

ENY sacrifices player choice and fun for the nefarious desire for stalemate.  It proves that Anyone who supports ENY is a sore loser, more concerned about not losing, than winning. This Explains why there are so many runners in this game.  Players afraid a losing dominate the culture of this game, rather than the brave trying to win. 
The fact that it is a cartoon should be enough to quell fears of loss. But the fragile egos of the chickens in this game must be protected. So hamstringing your opponents is seen a good thing. 

ENY is for chickens, which defines too many of the players that in this game who support it.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 07:43:32 AM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2022, 08:24:09 AM »
ENY is to slow the winners down. If there was no ENY it wouldn't be long before one team would always have the numbers advantage as well as the equipment advantage. ENY is there to keep the GAME even and as fair to all players as possible, that it is fun for all. It is a game, NOT war.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2022, 11:10:09 AM »
ENY is to slow the winners down. If there was no ENY it wouldn't be long before one team would always have the numbers advantage as well as the equipment advantage. ENY is there to keep the GAME even and as fair to all players as possible, that it is fun for all. It is a game, NOT war.

Well said.  I hate ENY.  Hate it.  But I understand why it is there, and why it needs to be there.  So we live with it.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2022, 12:49:39 PM »

This is it in a nutshell.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)