Author Topic: ENY?  (Read 5485 times)

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
Re: ENY?
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2022, 09:20:01 PM »
Did you even read what Hitech said in the post I linked to? 

400 people in the arena, or 60 people in the arena it all still applies.
I agree with the concept of ENY balancing gameplay that is not my point. Counting people sitting in the tower doing nothing does not equalize gameplay! A blind man can see that, So that you can understand my point I will make a very very clear and easy to understand example . If one team (knights) has 80 people with two guys flying and the other teams (bish and rooks) have 10 people each with nine guys flying the two knights guys have no chance in hell of accomplishing anything it’s simple math! Not only would they be out numbered they would be out gunned as well. This would more than likely lead to the two Knights players just logging off. If this continues to happen day in and day out they would just quit the game. In this example, ENY should not count the 78 people sitting in the tower. But it does, so the solution is to kick them out of the game so ENY no longer counts them. the two players might still be out numbered but at least they would have decent equipment to fly. Side balancing is an object failure so that is not an argument! On the other hand ENY would be appropriate if all 80 of those people were flying against only 20 enemies. This current model was pretty effective when your arena held 300 and 400  people and people were logging in and out by the dozens , but nowadays it’s not working quite the way it was intended. Regardless I know this is just my opinion some others also hold the same opinion but one look at the numbers hanging anyone can see that this game is dying and something needs to be done or in two years ithere will no longer be an Aces High.
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2022, 09:21:28 PM »
As long as there are AH events I doubt there'll ever be a tower timer.  :old:

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2022, 09:27:39 PM »
How many buddies to you play with? 6 to 10?  Why don't you all switch?  Or is this some country loyalty thing where you want to roll bases easily with no opposition and be a hero in all 6 to 10 people's eyes. 

Kind of sounds like some roadkill to me.  Learn how to play the game without 14 of your "buds" driving the few left here out with your hoarde antics with weakst actual ability.

Maybe your whiney horde is what drives people out early mornings CST.
Too funny you call four or five jokers working together “rolling bases” that is hilarious! It’s called teamwork the whole point of the game, if you don’t like the base is being rolled then get your people together and provide some opposition, Instead of floating around in your P 38 clearing everyone else’s 12 . If anyone is whining here just read what you wrote.
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2022, 09:30:39 PM »
As long as there are AH events I doubt there'll ever be a tower timer.  :old:
Doesn’t have to be a tower timer on the events Arena. If they can’t be handled separately then maybe turn off the server timer during events. This will be my last it is obviously not worth my time to argue the point and with the one person that can do anything being auspiciously silent why bother.
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2022, 09:42:12 PM »
Hitech ended ENY. It was great.  few players on the board whined. He brought it back.

clearly he listens. So those that support ENY are the reason we have it.  It sucks and so do they. 
Who is John Galt?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2022, 09:44:40 PM »
courtesy -GG-  :old:

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2022, 10:14:02 PM »
To clue you in.. My conversation is not about whether not to have ENY it is about what  ENY should include in it’s parameters. If I’m not mistaken the goal of ENY is to provide a fair and balanced gameplay accounting for one team out numbering the other. However, I feel as many others do that ncluding AFK people in the tower as a parameter for deciding how many people are in the fight is completely absurd. If you just stop and think about it 8nstead of resorting to childlike comments, you would understand that very very very very simple concept. Bottom line click a button on the server people get kicked after 15 minutes of doing nothing problem is solved! But I’m sick and tired of the pro ENY guys who do nothing BUT fly around In Uber planes smacking down newbies using the false virtue of “its been talked about before.” To keep their advantage.  So yeah I’m following my signature, and speaking my mind ! I been Playing this game for about  20 years and I’m not just gonna standby and do nothing and watch it die while all you guys do is hand out empty remarks! The challenge I give you is to provide actual rational justification as to why the game should count people sitting in the tower for a significant duration (say15 minutes) to formulate ENY! This server kick is very common in the gaming world to keep things moving along.

I have two posts in this thread about being on the toejam side of the no eny experiment, and tower sitters. Continue to burry your head where every you and Vink please. Nothing either of have posted would do jack to solve it. My option during no eny was fight alone, join bish to roll empty bases or log. I logged & cut my play time since, so the no eny experiment was grand if that’s what you want to accomplish.

Offline Oldmax6

• Zinc Member
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2022, 03:28:38 AM »
Hitech ended ENY. It was great.  few players on the board whined. He brought it back.

clearly he listens. So those that support ENY are the reason we have it.  It sucks and so do they.
it’s not difficult to see who of those who did that.

Offline Oldmax6

• Zinc Member
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2022, 05:38:47 AM »
How many buddies to you play with? 6 to 10?  Why don't you all switch?  Or is this some country loyalty thing where you want to roll bases easily with no opposition and be a hero in all 6 to 10 people's eyes. 

Kind of sounds like some roadkill to me.  Learn how to play the game without 14 of your "buds" driving the few left here out with your hoarde antics with weakst actual ability.

Maybe your whiney horde is what drives people out early mornings CST.
it’s not only who are hording that got stopped by the ENY. When it’s like 30 bish 10 rooks and 10 knite then ENY doesn’t matter. if there have been 25-30 bish flying or hording if you prefer, then those bases would have been rolled anyway.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2022, 06:06:49 AM »
Go from 3 sides to 2 sides would fix this and the lower number of players/too large of map issue also..

Of course a auto side balancing code would have to be implemented as some would gang up on the winning side so they can be "winners" when the map is won..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2022, 07:51:18 AM »
Yea as much as I’ve loved the 3 country dynamic, the just dont really support sustained engagements between all three sides even during prime time.
Ingame: StepSis

Needs help with homework!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2022, 08:13:09 AM »
Another go nowhere suggestion is the 'change number of sides' request (something hardwired into the game if not the psyche of the community). I once suggested, long ago, going to 4 sides and even thought it fell right in with the concept of 'Aces High":

But I've aged a bit since then and realized there's some things that are merely 'swimming upstream':

:D :old:

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2022, 10:17:50 AM »
It is a player population issue.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!