Author Topic: Question on film quality  (Read 2033 times)

Offline sanfordpaul

• Zinc Member
Re: Question on film quality
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2022, 06:46:32 PM »
You might want to try premier elements from adobe to edit with. You can buy it outright $80 so you don't need a subscription and they have presets for all the social media and devices so that your render is appropriate for whatever you are uploading to.

It's a lot easier to use than the flagship premier program as well.

Offline HollyWood750

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2022, 08:28:17 AM »
I'll look at the Adobe stuff.  Thanks for the recommendation!  Currently, this seems to be about the best I can get using Shadowplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDDQjWPXzhE

:salute

HW

Offline sanfordpaul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2022, 12:30:22 PM »
That's not bad. The next step is to get YouTube to use the best codec for your video. YouTube has two codecs that they use to process your video ac1 and vp9. You want the vp9 codec. Unfortunately, youtube will only use vp9 for videos that get lots of hits OR videos rendered at 4k. So what I do is record at 1080p but then render the video at 4k. This forces youtube to use the vp9 codec.

Looks like this:

The downside is file sizes of course. Also, youtube will first process your video into ac1 which takes about an hour. Then it will process it into vp9 which can take one to two days. You can see which codec is being used by right clicking on the video and clicking stats for nerds.

I would experiment with that and see what you can get.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 12:32:25 PM by sanfordpaul »

Offline HollyWood750

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2022, 01:19:22 PM »
Cool!  Thanks for the tips.  And just realized I can make the film viewer go full screen... doh.