Author Topic: Is there a link to the challenge sound pack.  (Read 1745 times)

Offline jbfighter2

• Zinc Member
Is there a link to the challenge sound pack.
« on: June 14, 2022, 11:42:35 PM »
HELP. Is there a link to the challenge sound pack. I heard someone online saying they got the new sound pack but i can not find it. and the link challenge posted a few months ago doesnt seem to be working atm.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Is there a link to the challenge sound pack.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 07:33:23 AM »
https://dload.hitechcreations.com/chalenge/SickPuppySounds.zip

Just tested this one, seems to be working.   Many thanks to Chalenge, the sounds really add to the game experience.   

If someone is able, please post a sticky thread up top with the link to this sound pack.   Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 07:37:44 AM by oboe »

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 09:09:40 AM »
Yeah, Chalenge’s sound pack is incredible realistic and adds so much the realism of the game.  One example being the Mustang.  Having flown one in the real world, the only thing missing is the feel of vibration, especially during engine start.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline jbfighter2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 01:59:04 PM »
Thanks guys much appreciated <S>

Offline jbfighter2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 02:00:39 PM »
Do I just drag and drop the files into the sounds folder?

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 02:34:02 PM »
Do I just drag and drop the files into the sounds folder?

There are four bank files contained in the .zip file; they need to be placed in the \AcesHighIII\CustomSounds\Desktop\ folder.   If you don't have a folder called "Desktop" in CustomSounds, just create one. 

<S>!

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2023, 02:45:53 PM »
Is this link the last update of sounds that he did ?

God I HATE windows 10. Finally figured it out. After going through my favorite planes, I gotta say the round motor startups are fantastic.

The fmod  difficulty of doing sounds must be a pain..

Me ? Mitsu's sounds is what would like to have back. They rocked.

I went back to original sounds for no other reason than the lack of cannon sounds.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2023, 03:24:06 PM »
IFAIK, Challenge was able to completely finish his soundpack, and wasn't able to address some of the bugs in them.

But, what is there is quite good.  I recently landed from a sortie, shut my engine down and stayed on the runway for an extra moment, just as a Lightning taking off zoomed over my head at maybe 100 ft of altitude.  The sound of those twin Allison's flying over at close range was just amazing.   

I wish Animal could expand on Challenge's work, but it is what it is I guess.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2023, 04:51:43 PM »
IFAIK, Challenge was able to completely finish his soundpack, and wasn't able to address some of the bugs in them.

But, what is there is quite good.  I recently landed from a sortie, shut my engine down and stayed on the runway for an extra moment, just as a Lightning taking off zoomed over my head at maybe 100 ft of altitude.  The sound of those twin Allison's flying over at close range was just amazing.   

I wish Animal could expand on Challenge's work, but it is what it is I guess.

Ya, sorry bro. Don't know how much I could have expanded on it, but at least fix the few bugs. I love the way the 51 fires, the loop is questionable to me. Of course being a sound engineer I listen differently then most,.. I'm hexed.  We're never perfectly happy with results. lol
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2023, 05:06:46 PM »
Ya, sorry bro. Don't know how much I could have expanded on it, but at least fix the few bugs. I love the way the 51 fires, the loop is questionable to me. Of course being a sound engineer I listen differently then most,.. I'm hexed.  We're never perfectly happy with results. lol

Ooops I meant to say he never completely finished it...

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2023, 07:53:20 PM »
This sound pack makes it a brand new game it’s so impressive. Sadly though I cannot use it. It has too many variations in loudness for me and I’m constantly changing settings to accommodate. I can barely hear other people vox as is. Wish I could use it.   :frown:
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2023, 11:06:03 PM »
Yes, that's one of the drawbacks - the sounds are not set at the same level - so for example I have to turn the '38's engine down to 10%, but I don't need to crank other aircraft's engines down so low.

Overall, still worth it for me.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2023, 06:22:44 AM »
Yes, that's one of the drawbacks - the sounds are not set at the same level - so for example I have to turn the '38's engine down to 10%, but I don't need to crank other aircraft's engines down so low.

Overall, still worth it for me.

I should give it another whirl maybe it is definitely a game changer. Wish I knew how to fix it.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2023, 08:11:11 AM »
You can adjust different classes of sounds manually on the Preferences/Game Sounds/Advanced tab.

Here is where you can set "Your Engine", "Other Engines", etc from 0-100%.   There is also somewhere a setting to momentarily quiet sounds when someone is transmitting but I can't recall where that is right now...

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2023, 10:41:18 AM »
I went to the practice arena to a inflight base. Opened the advanced tab and made adjustments and then tested.

The p47 wep is quite loud on the P47's he had changed. Adjusting tha one down to comfort level "sets" your engine level. I upped the flap/gear sounds along with explosions. Just fly/adjust, fly/adjust. If your engine sounds are at 50% you have lots of room to adjust voice. Mines at 90%.

Fiddle, you will get it. Gear and flaps on the 51 are very low. Cant really do anything about it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 10:44:32 AM by nopoop »
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..