Author Topic: June 2022 KOTH Results.  (Read 950 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
June 2022 KOTH Results.
« on: June 19, 2022, 11:26:02 AM »

Well May's event would have been tough to compare to, at least length wise; but we did have a twist in the last round with a fly-off between the last two which included the wabbit. We barely had enough to run the event and managed to get 8 in there at 9:10. The event lasted just over ninety minutes with only 6 rounds. I think we had at most 8 participants and a single wabbit who won the last three rounds.
-{S}- and Congratulations to StepSis for the win.

Round by round results:
1} LeonTwnk in a P-40C; 17 minutes.
2} HOtard in a Bf 109E-4; 10 minutes
3} ReddFoxx in a La-7; 9 minutes
4} StepSis in a P-38J; 10 minutes
5} StepSis in a  P-47N; 10 minutes   {Wabbit}
6} StepSis wins in a  Ki-43-II; 10 minutes
 Round 6 finished with a fly-off between StepSis and DropTime as both declared Winchester as last 2.

StepSis gets the single TOC reservation for this event. Once logs are up I may add whoever got most kills in they aren't already invited.
Top killers will be posted when the data is available.
Logs can be found at http://ahevents.net/index.php/event-logs usually speaking but as of now this is being worked on.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: June 2022 KOTH Results.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 12:56:56 PM »
Small but good crowd and good fights <S>

Sorry I was afk and missed the la round

Congrats StepSis!

Thanks for hosting fuzeman!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 01:32:36 PM »
Thanks guys, it was lots of fun.

Hope to be around for all the other KOTHs to come! Ill do my best to try and get more folks to join the event. I’m living proof that any Shulp can manage a W :old:
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing machine!

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2022, 01:48:01 PM »
That last round situation may have come up before but wanted to open it up for discussion if anyone else had an opinion.
Last two with one being a wabbit, the wabbit being involved may be a first though, and both declared Winchester, out of ammo. KOTH is not a mileage event so I had both end sortie and take off in that plane again. I felt it was good for them to set a merge altitude loud and clear, to prevent conTROVersy, and went that route.
Sort of did it on the fly but do recall asking what you all thought. Also wanted to bring that up if anyone had thoughts on the matter.

Unfortunately StepSis, all to often I get the response ‘I’ll just get killed so why attend.’ opinion and many times its from rather good pilots, at least they are good in my opinion.
Also proof that and schlep can host it :rofl

Max still in the lead but says his tyres are grainy. Lap 35 of 70.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 01:49:51 PM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2022, 02:07:33 PM »
And after it ended I remembered I forgot to announce the win on 906 so I relogged a minute or three later and dotted that i.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2022, 05:03:14 PM »
Gratz! to StepSis for winning June.   :joystick: :ahand

I wasn't able to make it this month.... next month!
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2022, 07:24:45 PM »

Unfortunately StepSis, all to often I get the response ‘I’ll just get killed so why attend.’ opinion and many times its from rather good pilots, at least they are good in my opinion.
Also proof that and schlep can host it :rofl

Ive also been given similar explanations, the funny thing about it is, EVERYONE GETS KILLED IN KOTH lol. I love it because everyone has a chance to win, there’s abit more to the competition other then straight up dueling ability.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 07:30:23 PM by Bopgun »
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing machine!

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2022, 08:14:07 PM »
<SNIP>there’s abit more to the competition other then straight up dueling ability.

Couldn’t agree more!!! Off the top of my head, maybe I should start using ‘from two inches below my bald spot’ , one of the unique things you need in KOTH is some type of wabbit hunting skill or technique. I mean more than just ganging up on them in a fight to.
It could be more a test of SA but with lower numbers too often it’s a duel.

Max won.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2022, 10:02:02 AM »
And to recent KOTH winners, please be patient regarding winning melee perks.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2022, 06:14:54 PM »
AHEvents seems to be up so top killers should be up in a few revolution of this planet.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2022, 11:01:34 AM »
Well May's event would have been tough to compare to, at least length wise; but we did have a twist in the last round with a fly-off between the last two which included the wabbit. We barely had enough to run the event and managed to get 8 in there at 9:10. The event lasted just over ninety minutes with only 6 rounds. I think we had at most 8 participants and a single wabbit who won the last three rounds.
-{S}- and Congratulations to StepSis for the win.

Round by round results:
1} LeonTwnk in a P-40C; 17 minutes.
2} HOtard in a Bf 109E-4; 10 minutes
3} ReddFoxx in a La-7; 9 minutes
4} StepSis in a P-38J; 10 minutes
5} StepSis in a  P-47N; 10 minutes   {Wabbit}
6} StepSis wins in a  Ki-43-II; 10 minutes
 Round 6 finished with a fly-off between StepSis and DropTime as both declared Winchester as last 2.

StepSis gets the single TOC reservation for this event. Once logs are up I may add whoever got most kills in they aren't already invited.
Top killers will be posted when the data is available.
Logs can be found at http://ahevents.net/index.php/event-logs usually speaking but as of now this is being worked on.

Logs are up and Top Five killers were: StepSis-14, DropTime and HOtard-6, Eagler-5, LeonTwnk and ReddFoxx-4.

I guess that's top six  :aok