Author Topic: Buzzsaw bases are too close  (Read 1066 times)

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
Buzzsaw bases are too close
« on: June 23, 2022, 06:44:48 AM »
Some bases on Buzzsaw map are too close to some factories.

For example, a tank can spawn at some factories and still be within friendly radar ring allowing it to tower with enemies within range and nobody gets a kill.

I have damaged tanks and simply watched them disappear. This makes it as bad as manned guns only the gv'ers get perks when they land. So I give up trying to stop them and let them do what they will.

Also it's really annoying to be resupplying a factory and then give away a kill to enemy when towering. At my own factory! Maybe a landing pad so we can resupply and land safely.

If all maps had this feature there would be consistency and no reason to complain. Just part of the reason so many dislike Buzzsaw.

Thank You

« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 06:47:26 AM by wrench »
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Buzzsaw bases are too close
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 10:23:52 AM »
Meanwhile, everywhere else on the same map the bases are way too far apart.

Buzzsaw sucks and should be destroyed.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Online nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 07:52:54 PM »
All the big maps should go.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 07:56:27 PM »
This honestly^^^

In the midday (CST) hours, I'm lucky to find a single opponent to furball with. In the evening hours things kick up nicely, but still, too many fields and not enough people. It'd make the map rotation go through faster too, which'd make things more fun and fluid.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 11:05:55 PM »
when buzzsaw was created players were screaming for bases to be closer.  then they realized that wasnt good either.  that's how life goes.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Online nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2022, 11:58:42 AM »
I dont personally remember a group of complaints that bases were too close.

Just remove the large maps. Dont have to test anything. No debugging, just remove them. People would face fights more often. Cut down on milk runs..
nopoop

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2022, 04:27:25 PM »
when buzzsaw was created players were screaming for bases to be closer.  then they realized that wasnt good either.  that's how life goes.

semp

He is not complaining about the "bases being too close", he is complaining about them being too close to the "Strat Depots". Bit different

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2022, 12:21:23 AM »

semp

No, they realized it was a crap map and no one plays on it. It's not about bases that are too close in general.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2022, 06:07:57 PM »
No, they realized it was a crap map and no one plays on it. It's not about bases that are too close in general.

it was actually made based on what they wanted.  close bases for quick action, pretty sure you remember that.  and to have big fights over the strats. that was another reason behind it.

I knew back then it was a mistake but that's what players were asking.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2022, 03:37:32 PM »

It was great when you could get ships into tighter waters.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2022, 10:07:40 AM »
it was actually made based on what they wanted.  close bases for quick action, pretty sure you remember that.  and to have big fights over the strats. that was another reason behind it.

I knew back then it was a mistake but that's what players were asking.

semp

There is literally a group of maybe 4 bases in the middle of the map that can generate a decent fight.  The rest of the map is laid out like garbage.  That is one reason, the 2nd reason is destroying and supplying strats that are poorly placed, rather than fighting for a base can get rather tedious and boring.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2022, 09:40:27 AM »
I dont personally remember a group of complaints that bases were too close.

Just remove the large maps. Dont have to test anything. No debugging, just remove them. People would face fights more often. Cut down on milk runs..

This .. as we can't get the list that controls map rotation edited to try smaller maps only..not much else is going to happen..imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2022, 10:10:40 AM »
I'm no programer but I'm thinkin 5 minutes would get it done...
nopoop

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2022, 11:14:25 AM »
Some bases on Buzzsaw map are too close to some factories.

For example, a tank can spawn at some factories and still be within friendly radar ring allowing it to tower with enemies within range and nobody gets a kill.

I have damaged tanks and simply watched them disappear. This makes it as bad as manned guns only the gv'ers get perks when they land. So I give up trying to stop them and let them do what they will.

Also it's really annoying to be resupplying a factory and then give away a kill to enemy when towering. At my own factory! Maybe a landing pad so we can resupply and land safely.

Well I don't look at buzz kill as a battle map look at it as perk rebuilder mainly for tanks and bomber perks since I do all 3 basics of the game. Fighter, bomber, and gv. You are not the first to complain about buzzkill.
Many people have griped about this map since it came out, to no avail mind you.

If all maps had this feature there would be consistency and no reason to complain. Just part of the reason so many dislike Buzzsaw.

Thank You
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)