Author Topic: Can I vent ??  (Read 3475 times)

Offline sanfordpaul

• Zinc Member
Re: Can I vent ??
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2022, 03:35:42 PM »
Here's how that fight would have gone, 1st con dives in and extends 3-4k as the second one dives in then extends 3-4k. For the next 5 minutes the two higher cons never actually engage in anything more than poor bnz passes and only turning back in when he shows his 6. This is only broken up by the "fight" reaching the deck where they can no longer extend and run away or the more likely scenario that he's picked by a 190D, LA7 and Spit16 that show up. Great "fight".

Wow, why so pessimistic.

It's possible to defeat multiple enemies even when they have the advantage. It's fun to try because when you do it you feel incredible.

That's why I like Aces High.

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2022, 05:05:31 PM »
Exactly! I upped a Spit into three bandits who were right on top of my field. Knocked em all down. Couldn't have been happier, and stuff like that is why I play!  :banana:
It's also why I decided it's worth it to part with $15/month.....  :x
Turn n' Burn!

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2022, 08:29:29 PM »
When I do that there will be a parade.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline sanfordpaul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2022, 08:44:19 PM »
 :airplane: :airplane: :airplane: :banana:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 08:48:53 PM by sanfordpaul »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2022, 08:56:00 AM »
My only gripe after playing this weekend is the same map (CraterMA) was up for 6 days LOL. That's gotta get old for some people. Also, I continue to have rubber bullets with crossing shots when my front end doesn't see the bullets hit, and it just bugs the hell out of me. I had an excellent fight with an F6F. I finally get a reversal and put a spurt of bullets thru em as he crosses infront of me. I do hardly any damage with my ki84 and give him only an oil leak. Then, I get him crossed up again and put another spurt of bullets in him as he crosses me, completely spray his plane with bullets all over the cockpit and tail. I give him a gas leak and of course only half the tail. Now his plane can turn better than mine and is lighter. After 2 minutes he rolls around me and gets my 6 while being able to maintain E while climbing to me. I'm thinking you've got to be kidding me. He finishes me and then proceeds to fly 15 miles back to base to go land... I'm like, how the hell did his oil last that long nore did I give him a PW? Just crazy. Was a really fun intense fight though. I shoot another 262 with atleast 3 20MMs in a crossing shot after he was already damaged with 2 oil leaks. I dont appear to do any damage. Idk... my style of fighting depends on planes being unflyable when I rake their plane with 10 20mms as they cross my sights so when planes don't die after 2 of those passes while I have 2 20mms and 2 50 cals. It really aggravates the hell out of me. I seem to be having this issue so often when I play now.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 08:57:54 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2022, 04:37:26 AM »
My only gripe after playing this weekend is the same map (CraterMA) was up for 6 days LOL. That's gotta get old for some people.

It went the whole 7 days.

Now ND Isles is up, going on 4 days  :bhead

I despise those maps, Crater was awesome in AH2 though.

Some must like them…
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2022, 11:36:22 AM »
It went the whole 7 days.

Now ND Isles is up, going on 4 days  :bhead

I despise those maps, Crater was awesome in AH2 though.

Some must like them…

Yeah one map up all weekend is rough, 4+ is too much. Crater is an alright map but really needs atleast 100+ to get some bigger fights. With 50 players it's just hard to find condensed action.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2022, 09:15:35 PM »
If I may make a suggestion gentlemen if you want more players go hit up some aviation subs on Reddit.  I'm careful when I talk about AH because I don't want to sound like an ad shill but if someone mentions how much they love (insert WWII platform here) I'll casually mention AH and see if they bite.  Hitech isn't advertising that I know of so, to me, the best way to draw new players is to advertise ourselves.  Then when someone comes in that is new take the time to mentor and teach them what it's taken you many years to learn. 

Just a thought. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2022, 06:03:29 PM »
Funny but folks complain they are up too long or not long enough.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2022, 07:01:03 PM »
Funny but folks complain they are up too long or not long enough.

My ex did it as well...   
The Mad   CatMan!