Author Topic: Prison tats  (Read 3322 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Prison tats
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2022, 07:22:58 PM »
I understand she’s a caper and supposedly accidentally packed a cannabis vile with her vape juice. Not like she was bringing enough to sell or whatever….

Pay a large fine and send her home,maybe not let her back in,I don’t see it as a big deal it’s just a little weed oil, which is perfectly legal where I live.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2022, 07:31:18 PM »
Oh, I think she's guilty. I was just pointing out that you're screwed if you get accused of a crime in Russia. 99.75% conviction rate. That's not a justice system, whatever they have.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2022, 07:45:39 PM »
Well I don’t know about the rest of y’all but if I was making $1 million for a few months in a country where marijuana products are totally illegal I make dang sure I wasn’t bringing any into the country.

Being a bit OCD I’d probably have my friends check my luggage.  Truthfully however, I’m not buying it as an accident. Imo professional athletes have come to believe they are so important that they’l get a pass.

When I toked a lot late HS and early College, I went to Mazatlan 3 times, San Carlos once, Rocky Pt/Puerto Penasco numerous times - every time we made 100% sure nobody had anything on us entering Mexico.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2022, 07:50:44 PM »
yep. Same here. No way in hell would I risk taking that in if I knew it was illegal. She's an idiot. I very much doubt it was an accident, but even if it was she's still guilty and an idiot.

I do feel sorry for her though and hope she gets to come home soon. That's a very harsh sentence she could be looking at.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2022, 07:53:55 PM »
Well, I guess someone gets to chop wood in Siberia. Play stupid games win gulag prizes.

Chuikov

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2022, 08:40:33 PM »
The MSM thinks that her situation should have the President’s ear, I’m just not sure why. I fail to see why her plight should be a priority for this administration.

Short of lifting sanctions in place because of Ukraine, POTUS has zero leverage to do anything. Moreover, he’d just be making public statements/lip service anyway as the State Department would be the one to broker any deal, right?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2022, 08:52:01 PM »
What about this guy?

June 17, 2022

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-american-medical-marijuana-prison/31902563.html

Russia Sentences U.S. Citizen To 14 Years In Prison For Marijuana He Says Was Prescribed

A former employee of the U.S. Embassy in Moscow has been handed a 14-year prison term in Russia for illegal drug trafficking after he was caught entering the country with medical marijuana he says was prescribed to him after back surgery.

A court in the town of Khimki near Moscow said on June 17 that U.S. citizen Marc Fogel, who works as a teacher at the Anglo-American School in the Russian capital, was sentenced the day before.

According to the court statement, Fogel, who was detained in August last year upon his arrival with his wife in Moscow from New York, pleaded guilty.

Fogel says he had medical papers explicitly showing the marijuana was prescribed by doctors and that it was solely for medical use.

Fogel was quoted at the time as saying that he had not known that medical marijuana was illegal in Russia. His lawyers said then that Russian authorities had found 17 grams of marijuana in his possession.

U.S. officials have yet to comment on Fogel's sentencing.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2022, 08:55:28 PM »
And then there's this.

Britney had less than 2 grams, which is a very minor offense. She's being used as a political pawn. She's high profile and Russia probably wants a prisoner exchange.

Again, there's no way in hell I'd go to Russia for any reason. Same with Mexico.

Cannabis laws in Russia
Can you possess and use cannabis in Russia?
Russia’s government takes a tough stance on possession or use of cannabis. Both are illegal, in accordance with Article 228 of the country’s Criminal Code, and are punishable with a fine and/or a prison sentence. Since 2012, the penalties can be deferred if the offender is found to have a drug problem.

Possession of up to six grams is regarded as an administrative offence. Anything above seven grams is a criminal offence. However, there are reports of people being arrested for cannabis possession, only to have the authorities exaggerate the amount of cannabis they were caught with.

For ‘large-scale’ possession, the following punishments may be given:

A fine of up to 40,000 roubles
The equivalent amount of three months of the offender’s wages/salary
Compulsory works for up to 480 hours
Corrective labour for up to two years
Restriction or deprivation of liberty for up to three years (in most instances, prison)
For ‘especially large-scale’ possession, these penalties are increased to:

A fine of up to 500,000 roubles
The equivalent amount of three years of the offender’s wages/salary
And/or a restriction or deprivation of liberty for three to 10 years
If the individual willingly hands the cannabis over to the authorities, and ‘actively contributes’ to the uncovering and suppression of drugs-related activities, he may avoid being given any penalties.

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2022, 10:16:49 PM »
You cannot take Sticky Bush into Canada its illegal, irrelevant whether it's medicinal or not. You can buy it and consume it there, but you can't cross over the border with it.

Canada off the travel list too?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2022, 05:54:57 AM »
Something tells me hashish is just the cover story. Many times these types are working for the state department.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2022, 06:01:18 AM »
Heard it was only CBD which is basically sleepy aspirin at best...

And yes she is just a pawn

The moral of the story is many countries are even more backwards on drug laws than the US and be sure to check laws while traveling

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE Eagle RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Peda

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2022, 10:06:24 AM »
And on a side note, 99% of all criminal cases in Russia result in a conviction. So they've got a pretty screwed up country.

In America you Allow children to have hormone blockers because they want to be something else.

George Floyd was buried in a gold casket… :rofl

Al Sharpton is a good man :rofl

Have you mobilised yet to free the freedom living Ukrainian?

You people :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2022, 11:29:29 AM »
I just looked it up. The eviction rate in Russia is over 99%. Only 0.25% of all cases and in acquittal. So basically if you go to trial for anything in Russia you're going to be guilty.
How ridiculous is that? What a toejam system

Another important factoid is that, in Russia, the State can appeal an acquittal.  Not possible in the U.S.  Think O.J. Simpson.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2022, 09:19:34 AM »
You cannot take Sticky Bush into Canada its illegal, irrelevant whether it's medicinal or not. You can buy it and consume it there, but you can't cross over the border with it.

Canada off the travel list too?

Quite right and we have signs warning Canadians that just because Canabis is legal you can not legally cross the border with it.

So it works both ways… I have to ask why would you want to bring any here,we have some of the best stuff in the world,my wife went to Jamaica a few years ago and the first thing they asked her when the locals found out she was a Canuck was “did you bring BC bud?” :rofl :rofl :rofl

I have some for medical reasons and it’s 35% thc levels…..certified and .gov tested.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2022, 12:10:11 PM »

Quite right and we have signs warning Canadians that just because Canabis is legal you can not legally cross the border with it.

So it works both ways… I have to ask why would you want to bring any here,we have some of the best stuff in the world,my wife went to Jamaica a few years ago and the first thing they asked her when the locals found out she was a Canuck was “did you bring BC bud?” :rofl :rofl :rofl

I have some for medical reasons and it’s 35% thc levels…..certified and .gov tested.

Really? You have it for medical reasons? I thought you had it because it's one of the main hobbies you have.

I love how stoners try to justify their lifestyle.

I don't care who uses it. I have a small amount myself that I'll use now and then. I have nothing against it. Some people are just full-on pot heads though. they live and breath everything about it, and that's what you are.