Author Topic: Who wants a secure border?  (Read 9743 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Who wants a secure border?
« on: July 09, 2022, 03:04:50 PM »
I'm not asking if you think a wall is effective or not. I'm not asking if you think the border can be secured. I am asking if you WANT the border secured.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
Re: Who wants a secure border?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2022, 03:38:51 PM »
I sure as hell want it secured.
I don't want to compete for jobs with people who never did the proper paperwork to be here. My Vietnamese family (my mom and her parents) had to fight pirates, and was nearly convicted by the Thai government before they made it to the US. And you know what? After going through hell and back, they still did it legally.
No one can tell me that it's fair that my family went through that and I still need to pay taxes to support welfare for illegal immigrants. It's not fair. Literally.

So yes, I very much want the border secured, and I want everyone without the proper documents deported back to where they came from. They are more than welcome to come back as long as they follow the proper legal system.

P.S - Have y'all noticed how the media no longer calls them "illegal immigrants"? They're simply referred to as "migrants" as if they were legal. They can literally cross the border and get support from the government. That's jacked up.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 03:40:36 PM by Tig »
Turn n' Burn!

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2022, 03:40:36 PM »
I'm not asking if you think a wall is effective or not. I'm not asking if you think the border can be secured. I am asking if you WANT the border secured.

I also want to ask, who likes Mom and apple pie?

Also, who likes peace on Earth and good will towards men?

The question isn't do we want secure borders.  The question is how to accomplish it in the most rational and effective, and fiscally responsible manner.

How about, who wants to waste hundreds of billions on ineffective, unneeded government construction projects that won't do what they claim and cost 10x what they were estimated?

Raise you hands...

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2022, 04:00:09 PM »
Thanks for answering.

So you want a secure border and elected Biden, who is allowing people to flood in because of his policies. You say you want the border secured but lot of people do not want it. They want open borders and they want catch and release, ala Biden.

The federal government sued Arizona when Arizona passes strict laws against illegals. They will do the same with Texas after your governor directed state police to no longer turn illegals over to the feds.

Lots of people do not want to secure the border. They bus illegals all over the United States and drop them off. They attack people and states that want secure borders and call them racists. You vote for those people.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2022, 04:05:50 PM »
Thanks for answering.

So you're admitting you want to waste hundreds of billions on ineffective, unneeded government construction projects that won't do what they claim and cost 10x what they were estimated?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2022, 04:07:41 PM »
I sure as hell want it secured.
I don't want to compete for jobs with people who never did the proper paperwork to be here. My Vietnamese family (my mom and her parents) had to fight pirates, and was nearly convicted by the Thai government before they made it to the US. And you know what? After going through hell and back, they still did it legally.
No one can tell me that it's fair that my family went through that and I still need to pay taxes to support welfare for illegal immigrants. It's not fair. Literally.

So yes, I very much want the border secured, and I want everyone without the proper documents deported back to where they came from. They are more than welcome to come back as long as they follow the proper legal system.

P.S - Have y'all noticed how the media no longer calls them "illegal immigrants"? They're simply referred to as "migrants" as if they were legal. They can literally cross the border and get support from the government. That's jacked up.

Some of them are calling the illegals "dreamers" now because of some PC sissy stupidity. To me they are all illegal mexicans
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2022, 04:09:28 PM »
To me they are all illegal mexicans

It's illegal to be Mexican?

Wow.  :rofl

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2022, 04:10:01 PM »
So you're admitting you want to waste hundreds of billions on ineffective, unneeded government construction projects that won't do what they claim and cost 10x what they were estimated?

When did I mention any such thing?

Do you know what a strawman argument is? There is no way to have a dialog with someone like you. 

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2022, 04:13:54 PM »
When did I mention any such thing?

So you agree we ought to find a better approach than a 3000 mile vanity wall?

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2022, 04:17:29 PM »

What does that have to do with enforcing current laws and  allowing border control to do their jobs?  Stop with the deflecting, man up and admit you want open borders.
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2022, 04:20:00 PM »
What does that have to do with enforcing current laws and  allowing border (Patrol) to do their jobs? 

Imagined?

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2022, 04:25:53 PM »
Imagined?

Whatever smart-ass.  By the way, what were the crossing numbers a few years ago?  Amazing how the commies still try to defend this disaster. 

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2022, 04:27:04 PM »
What does that have to do with enforcing current laws and  allowing border control to do their jobs? 

Where did I say not to enforce current laws?  Do you like just making things up?

I want remote sensors, drone surveillance and prison terms for business owners knowingly or negligently employ illegals.

i just think it's stupid to try and build 30ft walls across mountains like this:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2022, 04:32:15 PM »

Some of them are calling the illegals "dreamers" now because of some PC sissy stupidity. To me they are all illegal mexicans

wow now Koreans are Mexicans.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2022, 04:38:05 PM »
Where did I say not to enforce current laws?  Do you like just making things up?

I want remote sensors, drone surveillance and prison terms for business owners knowingly or negligently employ illegals.

i just think it's stupid to try and build 30ft walls across mountains like this:

(Image removed from quote.)

The OP stated walls were not the argument from the start of this thread.  Yet, you went there.  Now you're trying to muddy the waters even more by mentioning the employers of illegals.  Fair points in a different discussion.    It was really a simple question.  Are you for secure borders?