Author Topic: Traces of Texas  (Read 1814 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Re: Traces of Texas
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2022, 11:20:20 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Repatriation#:~:text=The%20government%20formally%20deported%20around,US%20between%201931%20and%201934.

The government formally deported around 82,000 Mexicans from 1929 to 1935.[1]

This constituted a significant portion of the Mexican population in the US. By one estimate, one-fifth of Mexicans in California were repatriated by 1932, and one-third of all Mexicans in the US between 1931 and 1934.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2022, 12:41:47 AM »
You didn't even try. That's ok.  :)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2022, 01:55:12 AM »
Kineños (King's men) on the King Ranch, 1950. In the earliest days of the ranch (1854) there was a terrible drought in South Texas and Northern Mexico. Captain Richard King traveled to the little hamlet of Cruillas in the Mexican state of Tamaulipas, where the townspeople were in such dire straits that they sold all of their cattle to him in an attempt to survive the drought. A short distance out of town, while slowly driving the cattle north toward Texas, Captain King realized that, in solving an immediate problem for the people of Cruillas, he had simultaneously removed their long-term means of livelihood. He turned his horse back toward the town and made its people a proposition. He would provide them with food, shelter, and income if they would move and come to work on his ranch. The townspeople conferred and many of them agreed to move north with Captain King.

Already expert stockmen and horsemen, these resilient denizens of the rugged Mexican range became known as Los Kineños – King’s people. They and many generations of their heirs would go on to weave a large portion of the historical tapestry of King Ranch. The vaqueros shown here are the descendants of the original Kineños.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2022, 02:04:12 AM »
In 1930’s British family’s were living in squalor.

TB and other serious diseases were rife.

What is this thread about?

White liberal guilt?

Grow up and bend the knee to Floyds golden coffin.

Hows the Ukraine going?

Don Lemon says you should invade Russia

You people :rofl

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2022, 06:10:30 AM »
Wanna talk about immigrants living in squalor? Again, happened to my Vietnamese family who legally immigrated. My mother got boils from bad water in the refugee camp and still has scarring 40+ years later from that.

Is latino immigration a new thing? No.
But neither is proper immigration processes. I can appreciate that a lot of these people went through hard times, but my views do not change.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2022, 07:37:36 AM »
All for legal immigration..

Talk about some peed off ppl its the Indian software  contractors I work with who have been trying to get their citizenship for years...legally

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2022, 07:59:39 AM »
Wanna talk about immigrants living in squalor? Again, happened to my Vietnamese family who legally immigrated. My mother got boils from bad water in the refugee camp and still has scarring 40+ years later from that.

Is latino immigration a new thing? No.
But neither is proper immigration processes. I can appreciate that a lot of these people went through hard times, but my views do not change.

Everybody I know from Vietnam are among the best people I've met. I work with a guy who came from Vietnam and have known several over the years. They are all, to a person, sweet, intelligent and goods people. They all have similar stories of the hell they went through.

Another guy I work with is second generation from China.

I know lot's of people who came illegally from Mexico too. Some are my friends and are like my brothers. I love them and want the best for them, but I am still against any kind of illegal immigration.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2022, 08:35:36 AM »
I am from Uganda

Ungawa

Yambo

How do I get a green card?

Is Vietnam near Denmark

Is Texas part of Mexico
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 08:37:49 AM by zack1234 »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2022, 09:24:01 AM »
Maybe you should do something that makes the USofA not so attractive for the American Dream.

You also need to ask yourself why they leaving their mother countries and are coming to the USofA.

Your post are so silly. Immigrants are welcome. Immigrants come here legally.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2022, 09:48:03 AM »
Your post are so silly. Immigrants are welcome. Immigrants come here legally.

Maybe they are coming to the USofA because American want the drugs that come from their country?

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2022, 09:50:48 AM »
Maybe they are coming to the USofA because American want the drugs that come from their country?

:rofl

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2022, 09:55:57 AM »
gg must be blonde.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2022, 09:57:45 AM »
Yeah Milo, the millions of Mexicans that have come here illegally with their families are coming here because Americans want their drugs.

:rolleyes:

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2022, 10:02:52 AM »
I knew it, must be certifiably blond. The drug cartels make living in their countries unbearable.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2022, 11:34:44 AM »
I just want to make clear. Milo actually thinks that the immigration problem is caused because Mexicans and Mexican families are coming to the United States to sell drugs. Lol!