Author Topic: So does the ride-along option work ?  (Read 515 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
So does the ride-along option work ?
« on: July 15, 2022, 10:28:43 PM »
If it does, does it show the pilot view ?
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: So does the ride-along option work ?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 11:22:14 PM »
It puts you in the cockpit but you control your views and you have limited instruments.

The command is .join <gameid>, you can also select it from the roster.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2022, 08:18:14 AM »
Unfortunately you cant see when your pilot is shooting  :cry which is the biggest issue I have, aim.

It is useful to see how someone else approaches the fight, the angle and timing of their merge, how they react to the maneuvers of the other planes and so on. But to see the lead they use and such no good.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2022, 09:32:23 AM »
I always wished there were a way to slave the rider's views to the pilot's (yeah, there's film for this, but I'm talking about as it happens) so the rider can get a sense of what the pilot is looking at as the engagement unfolds, especially in multi-plane environments.

it's always polite to ask before using the .join command because unless the player has .showjoin 0  the request will show as a big box (press button to accept) instead of a text buffer request  (.accept)  the box can block  views if an unexpected request shows up.

Unfortunately you cant see when your pilot is shooting  :cry which is the biggest issue I have, aim.

It is useful to see how someone else approaches the fight, the angle and timing of their merge, how they react to the maneuvers of the other planes and so on. But to see the lead they use and such no good.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798