Author Topic: Bastille day  (Read 3655 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Bastille day
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2022, 01:25:08 PM »

so we gonna go to war because somebody wore an ugly dress and another really cute high heels.

isn't that crazy talk?

semp

What? War?

Nope just saying the rest of responsible world isn't as "woke" as some here and think we are insane and weak by such representation...I  agree

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2022, 01:29:06 PM »
Woke? Do you know the origin of the word?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2022, 02:11:23 PM »
What? War?

Nope just saying the rest of responsible world isn't as "woke" as some here and think we are insane and weak by such representation...I  agree

Eagler

make us look weak.  only in your mind. not sure why it bothers you so much.  perhaps we should stop women from buying guns because it makes us men look weak .

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2022, 02:18:52 PM »
perhaps we should stop women from buying guns because it makes us men look weak .

semp

:rofl Well certain men anyways.

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2022, 03:41:36 PM »
Some of you guys are a strange lot..its not different its sick

You actually accept someone in a top secret clearance- nuclear- that doesn't know if he is a man or a woman?

Eagler

Limiting your view to what you think life should be, and what it actually is - is your issue.

7.5 billion examples of humans on the planet, and you can honestly say that in the creation of a human, all the chemistry, and biology involved to fabricate those billions of cells, life cannot create something different from what you think is the "norm"?

I guess no child has ever been born deaf, or without limbs? Needed glasses, or developed dyslexia? Ever hear of Albert Einstein, Helen Keller? How about the wealthiest guy on the planet - Elon Musk, self described having Aspergers (Autism)? Hundreds of thousands of different people, born outside "your norm" successfully contribute to society every day.

Are they sick? Are they less? Do they make our country weak?

So a "person" wears a dress, identifies as Gender Fluid, has a BS in Nuclear Engineering, a dual Masters in Nuclear Engineering, and Tech & Policy from MIT, works and contributes to our country, faces public discrimination, prejudice, and narrow minded people, and they are a threat? They are weak?

Given the choice between somebody that is willing to go out and put in the time to get an education, a career, and stand in the face of prejudice to live their life OR some curmudgeon that continually disparages his country the choice isn't hard whom to accept. Seems to me this person knows exactly who they are.

And since you broached the subject. These "sick" people are here, work and live amongst us. What do you suggest should happen to them? Asking for LGBTQIA friend.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2022, 03:54:05 PM »
Er not the same but you know that semp

Not sure why some try to make excuses for this crazy

Or enemies are emboldened by it

Eagler

I mark it down to the closet types.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2022, 05:04:03 PM »
Limiting your view to what you think life should be, and what it actually is - is your issue.

Tyfoo, thank you for this post. It's so refreshing for me to read an intelligent and thought-out comment on some of the drivel that appears on this board.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2022, 05:30:40 PM »
Tyfoo, thank you for this post. It's so refreshing for me to read an intelligent and thought-out comment on some of the drivel that appears on this board.

if only some people would realize the things that makes us strong is that we are different. and those differences should bring us together. it isn't us vs them. it's me against me now,  what I want, what I wish.

semp

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2022, 05:36:10 PM »
Anyone who thinks that outfit was appropriate is crazy. You can dress as badly as you like in the privacy of your own home. When you represent the US you need some style.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2022, 06:08:42 PM »
Anyone who thinks that outfit was appropriate is crazy. You can dress as badly as you like in the privacy of your own home. When you represent the US you need some style.

I think the dress is awful. but what exactly is style? for years my wife bought me shorts, didn't like them, think any guy that wears shorts needs his head examined. that along with baseball hats,  what are you 10? don't even get me started on sports t-shirts. last time you played sports was in high-school, if that.

now I wear shorts because it's hard to put on pants, still don't wear a baseball cal, I'm not 10.

on the other hand I could teach them about nicest dresses and what a woman should wear, or if you want to be a woman. I did ask the clothes shopping for my wife and she always looked great.

I should start a second career on how to dress women, probably would get sued if I go into the dressing room.

semp

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2022, 06:20:12 PM »
I think the dress is awful. but what exactly is style? ...

It's what made you think the dress is awful. It's your personal sense of what is appropriate, attractive, practical, and fun.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2022, 06:38:25 PM »
It's what made you think the dress is awful. It's your personal sense of what is appropriate, attractive, practical, and fun.

thought we were taking about dresses. what best way to represent the old usa than to wear a nice dress.

semp

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2022, 06:44:42 PM »
I mark it down to the closet types.

It's more of this than anyone will admit

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2022, 07:07:03 PM »
It's more of this than anyone will admit

Eagler

or maybe some of us will defend another us citizen because we feel secure in our manhood. how they dress doesn't affect me.  what they do and how they act does.

that's why you won't complain about space lazers but think a dress makes you mentally unstable. is the one who believes in space reptilians really sane? we are being replaced? I could go on and on

who's the nut.

semp

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2022, 07:47:18 PM »
thought we were taking about dresses. what best way to represent the old usa than to wear a nice dress.

semp

Style. In the case of two men it's better to wear suits. Otherwise it's a self-centered display that competes with the occasion.