Author Topic: Just how fast is the Tesla Plaid? Watch and see  (Read 2531 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Re: Just how fast is the Tesla Plaid? Watch and see
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2022, 08:16:24 PM »
For those considering a ford lightning in particular and really any EV you should look at this video. You may be spending more than you think if you MUST have it. Retired Auto dealer and his Son do a lot of checking on trends in the auto business. Their videos are usually pretty darn good including what to watch out for in buying a car new or used at a dealer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtbIi1SL6lk

Just watched this. Nuts. But people will pay that. For now. They know it's going to be a hot item and the idiots that pay these prices are just like the idiots that paid outrageous prices for the stupid, ugly and now worthless Chrysler PT cruisers.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2022, 08:24:24 PM »
Oh? Most should not buy one to keep a good financial overall picture, but yah not germane. :rolleyes:

Let me know when you can drive for 5-6hours without necessity to recharge. Oh wait not germane.

Now, where is my ‘spew off on subjects you have no clue about?’

Move the goal posts much? Pavlovian is an excellent description of your trained response,  ski.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2022, 09:18:32 PM »
My boss/bud has the cheap one.  It's easily the fastest car I've ever ridden in.  And I've ridden in some fast ones.  He's been using it for a 140 mile daily commute for two years.  It's yet to give him any trouble.  "ooh.. wait til it needs a battery.."   "oohh... wait til the battery goes dead and there's no charger..'  "ooohhh... If it catches fire they won't be able to put it out..."  Meh..  Better start getting used to the idea; the internal combustion engine is dead.

I’ve probably seen less than a dozen gas stations close down in my life, none of them being recent.

A round trip from LA to San Diego is barely possible IF traffic isn’t too heavy - not sure how that’s moving any goal posts. It’s relevant to EVs being mainstay.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2022, 09:41:34 PM »
Musk will figure it out.  In the meantime, an electric car is perfect for a daily commute, which is where most people put most of their miles on a car.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2022, 10:27:49 PM »
Check this race out. The video is kind of irriatating but the Mustang and the race is neat.

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2022, 05:34:40 AM »
Buying used cars and keeping them running is the most carbon conscious way to own a motor vehicle. Letting your old cars rot in a landfill is no bueno. Also Elon Musk is a hack and Tesla is a scam.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2022, 09:52:11 AM »
I think that's true about used cars. I've never boughten a used car. I usually get something about 4 or 5 years old and in really good shape.

I don't think many people would honestly say that Elon musk is a hack. And I don't think Tesla is a scam.
Tesla is almost single-handedly responsible for showing that an electric car can be feasible.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2022, 01:39:12 PM »
I've never boughten a used car. I usually get something about 4 or 5 years old and in really good shape.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2022, 01:43:13 PM »
What's the matter Arlo?

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2022, 01:44:01 PM »