Author Topic: National power grid down one month......Lord of the Flies?  (Read 8872 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: National power grid down one month......Lord of the Flies?
« Reply #150 on: December 12, 2022, 07:43:15 AM »
Service station fuel pumps can be hand cranked by removing the panel covering the electric motor and the pump. Remove the belt coming from the motor to the pump unit. Put a hand crank to the nut holding pumps pulley and start rotating. Been there, done that in exercise. Slow, but works.

I can picture the pants on the ground a47 swinging group standing aroung their 55 gallon drums while their homies take turn cranking on the pump while the rest of us stay out of the way..even the police at that point will find other things to do..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: December 12, 2022, 08:01:20 AM »
I can picture the pants on the ground a47 swinging group standing aroung their 55 gallon drums while their homies take turn cranking on the pump while the rest of us stay out of the way..even the police at that point will find other things to do..

Eagler

I'd still rather crank some 15 minutes than push my Jeep, if those were the options.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: December 12, 2022, 08:40:57 AM »
Sure..just be ready to remove those standing guard over the underground tanks..that will be the issue imo

The reality of such a disaster would make the worse end of days hollywood flick look Disneyish imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2023, 08:06:44 AM »
Baltimore attack foiled. 

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2023, 02:17:25 PM »
I hope the utility companies have used this time to take critical equipment off of the net and manned the bigger stations. 

Hamas threatens attacks on US soil.   
I wonder what their preferred target may be.