Author Topic: G2 loss of 6DOF fore/aft & side to side head movement solved  (Read 366 times)

Offline PropNut

• Copper Member
G2 loss of 6DOF fore/aft & side to side head movement solved
« on: August 15, 2022, 01:11:26 AM »
I thought I would post this just in case someone has this problem with the 6DOF movements.

Symptom: G2 head rotation works fine but when moving head fore & aft or side to side the whole cockpit moves with your head instead of your head moving in the cockpit, this really affects your dog fighting and gives you a weird sensation.

The Fix: open Windows Mixed Reality program (the VR program used by the G2) do not open the game, next click on set boundaries it will give you two choices (standing or sitting) chose sitting, it will have you hold the headset facing your computer screen then click center, at this point you have recalibrated the 6DOF settings. When this is completed then start up the game as normal and magically your 6DOF movements will be working again.
Good Luck
Propnut

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: G2 loss of 6DOF fore/aft & side to side head movement solved
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 06:51:16 AM »
Thanks PropNut!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline PropNut

• Copper Member
Re: G2 loss of 6DOF fore/aft & side to side head movement solved
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 08:27:54 AM »
One other thing I found from reading some other forums on the G2

Symptom: Over time if you get a very slight leaning feeling even though the autopilot is in level mode , it feels like you are in about a 2-3 degree bank even though you are level, also if you are getting strange random quick snap views even when you are not moving your head.... not sure what causes this but I suspect some sort of drift in the room to headset tracking (Environment)

Fix: Open "Windows Mixed Reality" program and in the left pane select settings then select Environment, find "Clear Environmental Data" this clears all of your old room data and has worked several times for me. My other post above about resetting 6DOF tracking may in fact clear this data at the same time but I am not sure.