Author Topic: Air conditioning is now evil  (Read 6697 times)

Online zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Air conditioning is now evil
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2022, 09:29:29 AM »
actually, I do not moderate and my instinct is to allow people to discuss whatever they want and kind of let the community self moderate.

But on AH, my feeling would be to keep the place in more adhering to the rules. I would open it up a little more, given the choice - but this is not my place. I only offered to help and I would be good at it.

I own AH

I am awesome
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2022, 09:39:52 AM »
I'll tell you what I do not do.

I do not personally insult people or hijack threads. I do not act abrasively towards others - like a few people here do constantly.
let's see - I do not troll or flame people.

Not sure what rules I'm breaking. There are 14 but I'm pretty sure I'm not breaking them knowingly.

What I would do on this AHBB is I would simplify the rules a little.

There really is not much of a problem here though. In my opinion, a couple of people are a slight problem. One person is constantly trolling and insulting people. I would put an end to that.

Another thing is the busy-body. Going into threads simply to admonish and hen peck people. I would ask that person to use the complainer button instead.

Not that Dale would want this, but I would allow discussion of things that people naturally want to talk about. Or at least in my opinion. People like to discuss current events, news, hobbies and just life.

What people don't like is bickering and arguments that go around in circles with people stating the same thing over and over again., Usually only a couple of people. I'd ask them totake it porivate.

I would create a sub-forum that people could access only if they requested - knowing that the sub forum would allow political discussion and be a little less restrictive. Then keep the O Club "clean"

I like people. I like discussions.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Online zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2022, 10:34:57 AM »
It’s the internet.

The off button needs no moderator

Putin man bad :rofl

Your not even allowed to see Russian news :rofl

Your masters will not allow it

Land of the free :rofl

The GFC

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2022, 10:43:08 AM »
If they tried to take out my AC. You'd see a wrath of hell from my wife like you haven't seen before, and she would completely shut them down. I wouldn't even want to be in her path on that one LOL.

What we seem to be seeing now, as the theme, is: "because these people are poor, we should all have to live like them." Because "muh equity and fairness". For some reason, they don't like to talk about individual actions and why those people choose to remain poor. Instead we must drag the rest of society down to their level. That's not the American way. That's not the American dream, and anyone trying to drag us into a third world country in order for "muh equity" should just go move to a third world country and STFU and stop trying to take away the things that people have earned through hardwork.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Online zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2022, 10:46:05 AM »
The UK has no American dream.

We are awake :rofl

The GFC

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2022, 10:48:59 AM »
The UK has no American dream.

We are awake :rofl

Mehh.... some of the people are, just like in America. UK in a very tight spot right now.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Online zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2022, 11:00:53 AM »
Mehh.... some of the people are, just like in America. UK in a very tight spot right now.

Lies!

The GFC

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2022, 11:08:52 AM »
If they tried to take out my AC. You'd see a wrath of hell from my wife like you haven't seen before, and she would completely shut them down. I wouldn't even want to be in her path on that one LOL.

What we seem to be seeing now, as the theme, is: "because these people are poor, we should all have to live like them." Because "muh equity and fairness". For some reason, they don't like to talk about individual actions and why those people choose to remain poor. Instead we must drag the rest of society down to their level. That's not the American way. That's not the American dream, and anyone trying to drag us into a third world country in order for "muh equity" should just go move to a third world country and STFU and stop trying to take away the things that people have earned through hardwork.

What irritates me is that they try to make everything about race. One of those articles actually said that black areas of the same city are hotter and that they suffer more even if they have air-conditioning too

They love telling us that it's all climate change and that climate change dissapropriety affects minorities. That's insulting.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Online zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2022, 11:10:14 AM »
 :rofl

The GFC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2022, 11:37:04 AM »
My RV has two A/Cs. I am so evil. I guess the heatpump on my home counts too.

Screw them.... they will not be invited in.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2022, 11:43:05 AM »
They better fix the weather or go buy air conditioning as it looks like they will need it going forward for a while in the current cycle

Some of us have lived in areas where air conditioning is needed 10 months out of the year..

Heat index is now 108 at 12:42pm...nowhere near the hottest part of the day..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2022, 12:10:43 PM »
They better fix the weather or go buy air conditioning as it looks like they will need it going forward for a while in the current cycle

Some of us have lived in areas where air conditioning is needed 10 months out of the year..

Heat index is now 108 at 12:42pm...nowhere near the hottest part of the day..

Eagler

How did people live before A/C?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2022, 12:21:40 PM »
How did people live before A/C?

Not as comfortably as they do today

Same with cars and other modern conveniences

Once we are all green and we still have bad weather I wouldn't be surprised what they say is causing it then and what they need to remove and restrict

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2022, 12:50:43 PM »
Well, my idea of moderation is not to moderate.
I offered to moderate here because I thought Dale was awol and my honest intent was to help him moderate, if that's what he would have wanted.

I have a pretty good history of moderation without any sort of bias.

I would actually be a very good hall monitor.
last thing we need is a confused individual moderating this forum. You make enough harebrain posts as is.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2022, 12:54:43 PM »
last thing we need is a confused individual moderating this forum. You make enough harebrain posts as is.

I think everyone is confused one way or another...
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-