Author Topic: The Nemesis  (Read 1933 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
The Nemesis
« on: July 26, 2022, 02:35:13 PM »
In the spirit of the Dream Squad thread;

Who would be, is or has been your greatest nemesis during your time in AcesHigh.
This game and your own story in this game would be nothing without a good antagonist.

Over the years I have had many, individual pilots, even whole squads..
Pand and the Devil Dogs were a long standing rivalry myself and my JG5 Eismeer squad members certainly enjoyed night after night.

:airplane:           ---   ---    :airplane:

So come on, for one night only, show those baddies some love

:cheers:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Online Bopgun

• Nickel Member
Re: The Nemesis
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 02:58:21 PM »
These days it would definitely be Trogdor. He and I seem to always be dead even in our DA fights.

In the MA I'd say me and TheJudge are growing a healthy competitive relationship, those fights usually come down to who had the Energy going in.

Back in the day I really can't recall. Although my old squad would clown on "The Damned" pretty hard. It seemed to always be in good fun though because we had friends in that group.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 03:16:00 PM »
I remember back when the 80th would up B-17s and meet the Muppets off the map in their B-17s and we would have a blast dogfighting.

We actually did this in several different bombers. Side splitting laughter ensued.

Other than that.... any group who upped to meet us when we put out the call on 200 that we were heading to a base and would be in the area looking for a tussle. We stayed back from the base and let them up. There were some great times, great fights.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 04:41:08 PM »
In the spirit of the Dream Squad thread;

Who would be, is or has been your greatest nemesis during your time in AcesHigh.
This game and your own story in this game would be nothing without a good antagonist.

Over the years I have had many, individual pilots, even whole squads..
Pand and the Devil Dogs were a long standing rivalry myself and my JG5 Eismeer squad members certainly enjoyed night after night.

:airplane:           ---   ---    :airplane:

So come on, for one night only, show those baddies some love

:cheers:

TheJudge and the Blue Thunder guys. There's a reason I changed my squad name to Red Lightning.  :x
Nailed TheJudge earlier, he was creeping away from me in a Fw 190D-9 as usual, I chased him through the flak and nailed him with a Spit 5 of all things!  :airplane:
Turn n' Burn!

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 04:54:23 PM »
Track IR

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2022, 05:02:16 PM »
Being a tanker I don't have any major squad challenges, but I have a number of individuals.

DR7, Charger5, Dcat, Tyfoo, Mano, BTBrando, Litlblue, DFCrash, 27th, SMcgavin, Duce, traprr00, airjer, a8balls.

There are several others I can't recall at the moment. All these make AH fun for me, and hopefully I make it fun for them as well.

I also have a number of Bish friends that are awesome in gv's as well; Slaxer, Skeetr, fishngy, robopops, taxman, akmixer, shadowx, Hurless, damphyno, kilroy, IRNstorm, twcmav1, and one we lost MWK522. Again there are others I can't recall now, but I have the privilege to fight along side them.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2022, 05:31:10 PM »
Every red plane I ever encountered.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Sectus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2022, 04:22:39 AM »
Definitely the Judge. He gets me *every time* with his methodical and correct energy tactics and excellent gunnery, to the point I was insanely delighted when I got to jump him as he was fighting someone else yesterday, even though it involved almost no skill at my end and only got me an assist.

How I do against him is now my measuring stick of progress.

One day, the Judge... ONE DAY!

But today is probably not it yet :P

Great fun though. Nothing like that feeling in your gut when you see that 190 lurking above you and you just KNOW it is going to be a tough one.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2022, 04:38:48 AM »
For me it was Judge, in an even fight he wasn't necessarily hard to handle, but anytime you met him he had advantage and good plane.  I could only avoid him for so long and he wouldn't put himself in position to get reversed on.  Once you drained his E he would flee, which is fine with me, no reason to suicide when you can get away.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2022, 06:45:44 AM »
For me it was Judge, in an even fight he wasn't necessarily hard to handle, but anytime you met him he had advantage and good plane.  I could only avoid him for so long and he wouldn't put himself in position to get reversed on.  Once you drained his E he would flee, which is fine with me, no reason to suicide when you can get away.

The moment you can corner him into a turnfight "in the box" he's done for. He literally doesn't know how to turnfight.  :neener:
Turn n' Burn!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2022, 08:06:31 AM »
The moment you can corner him into a turnfight "in the box" he's done for. He literally doesn't know how to turnfight.  :neener:

That's not necessarily true. A Dora is incredibly tricky to TnB in, give the man a Spitfire and he'd probably make TnB look easy like every other Spitty pilot.

There has only ever been 1 Pilot that I know of that has ever been capable of making the Dora turn fight well and that's Pervert.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2022, 08:47:55 AM »
Common knowledge that spits are great for the new folks. Gives them some confidence and ability to start surviving before moving to other planes.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2022, 08:54:32 AM »
That's not necessarily true. A Dora is incredibly tricky to TnB in, give the man a Spitfire and he'd probably make TnB look easy like every other Spitty pilot.

There has only ever been 1 Pilot that I know of that has ever been capable of making the Dora turn fight well and that's Pervert.

No like I fought him, with him in his Dora and me in a Spit 16. He had at least four openings to take an easy shot on me, and he didn't even fire. Whenever I get him into a turnfight, I find it's extremely easy to line up on his 6 and take a shot, provided I have the E to do so. He hardly even takes evasive maneuvers as I do so, I almost wonder if he has problems checking his 6.
I know Doras aren't very turny planes, but he really does not know how to turnfight once I catch him.
I'd be very surprised if he could beat me in a Spit, look at his stats, and he flies literally nothing but BnZ planes with heavy guns.

One time I managed to shoot him up so bad he belly landed near my base, skidded underneath the tree canopy without dying. I proceeded to circle around and shoot up the spot in the trees where I figured he'd be. Got him!  :rofl
Turn n' Burn!

Online Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2022, 09:04:04 AM »
lol I guess we know who the current AH antagonist is.

I for one have found him to be quite tricky in the angles fights. Perhaps he's trying to simply extend you out and is misjudging(lol) your energy state, hoping he can power out of range before your can properly line up. when I have him cornered he has some pretty vicious evasives and I have to try hard to avoid that overshoot. What you must realize is the Dora really only has one advantage over a spit16 at typical MA alts and thats SPEED.

Online Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2022, 09:53:47 AM »
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,365206.180.html

Here are acouple fights I've had with him recently, the few I even managed to win. What do you guys honestly think because I found him to be a challenge even with the Alt advantage.