Author Topic: App75 is cheating on his guns-Film Proof  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
App75 is cheating on his guns-Film Proof
« on: July 29, 2022, 12:37:14 PM »
Watch it through, and watch his tracers when I'm below him on his 6.

When I'm behind him, his chin turret is firing down and back at me.
When I'm in front of him, his tail turret is firing down and forwards at me.

Be aware.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: App75 is cheating on his guns-Film Proof
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 01:31:20 PM »
Please stop with the cheating threads...

It's called internet lag

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2022, 02:04:26 PM »
It's called internet lag

Every single time? Over half a dozen intercepts? With at least three people all seeing the same thing every time? Caught on film?

I'll admit it's possible there's some sort of lag I haven't seen yet, but this is just getting ridiculous.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2022, 03:17:52 PM »
Stop cheating threads. Send the film to dale.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2022, 03:39:08 PM »
You CANT prove anything posting a film. What you see from your computer is NOT what he sees from his. All gun/tracers are "approximations" and are not necessarily what is happening. From his point of view his guns were all pointing the right way and only those with a shot on you fire and count hits.

You would have to see his film to have half a chance to see whats going on. HTC can get more data out of the films that is why it is recommended that you send the film in to them with the complaint. They will look at it and if anything if "funny" they will handle it. You most likely will NOT hear back from then on whether or not any action was taken. The only way you will know is if you never see that player again.

As for the film, you got too close coming in from a very bad angle. Climb out ahead of him not getting closer than 2K when you have a couple K of alt out front of his 3-9 line make slashing diving attacks. Far saver against even a good shot.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2022, 03:46:37 PM »
Watch it through, and watch his tracers when I'm below him on his 6.

When I'm behind him, his chin turret is firing down and back at me.
When I'm in front of him, his tail turret is firing down and forwards at me.

Be aware.

This is nonsense. You aren't watching gun film, your PC is drawing you a picture of a simulation subject to internet travel time.

You're getting shot because you're in the worst possible position to attack a bomber formation.

Never make accusations without definite proof and even then make them privately as per rule 7.

Asking questions is good. Making accusations is bad.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 03:50:52 PM by FLS »

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2022, 05:55:11 PM »
Just wait til this guy runs across 999!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2022, 08:04:34 PM »
Don't feel picked on here, Tig. Cheat threads are as old as the game. Such claims are rarely what the complainant thinks they are. There's a reason it was put into TOS to not do what you're doing and to send it in to HTC via email. Well, more than one.

On the off chance you actually did witness/describe a cheat then it would then be publicly spread through the community (and that simply makes things worse).

Chances are it is lag or some other harmless thing (as suggested by others) and vilifying another player on the forum (or on 200) does no good for anyone.

:salute

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2022, 06:05:19 AM »
. Cheat threads are as old as the game. Such claims are rarely what the complainant thinks they are.

yeah cuz NO ONE ever CHEATS in this game. This is the only game on the internet where there is no cheating what so ever.
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2022, 06:20:47 AM »
yeah cuz NO ONE ever CHEATS in this game. This is the only game on the internet where there is no cheating what so ever.

I see your living up to your last name, your one of those "the glass is half empty" kind of guys. 99.9% of the players in this game including me and you, are not smart enough to cheat. As everyone says, yelling cheat, is the easiest way to explain ones failure.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2022, 09:07:44 AM »
I see your living up to your last name, your one of those "the glass is half empty" kind of guys. 99.9% of the players in this game including me and you, are not smart enough to cheat. As everyone says, yelling cheat, is the easiest way to explain ones failure.

My glass is 1/2 full Ken

Some people will go out of the way to get an edge, not all but some. I have seen it in this game in the past and I mean last year.

I am just stating the facts. It is human nature. I work in construction and humans will put a ton of energy into keeping from being caught doing unsafe things than if they just did the safety practices. That same thing goes for gaming and it will always be that way. More effort into getting an edge on the opponent that practicing your butt off to be better at something.
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2022, 03:59:14 PM »
My glass is 1/2 full Ken

Some people will go out of the way to get an edge, not all but some. I have seen it in this game in the past and I mean last year.

I am just stating the facts. It is human nature. I work in construction and humans will put a ton of energy into keeping from being caught doing unsafe things than if they just did the safety practices. That same thing goes for gaming and it will always be that way. More effort into getting an edge on the opponent that practicing your butt off to be better at something.

Well I have to agree with you there. Case in point, I was advised today, that the "tribe" (players) have decided that the "hiding in buildings" exploit has been approved and anyone can use it. Putting it bluntly, IMO, its cheating at worst and unethical at best. That is what will finally kill this game. To sum it up, theologically, it all boils down to the Depravity of Man. That is what you have described. <S>
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2022, 05:54:55 AM »
Well I have to agree with you there. Case in point, I was advised today, that the "tribe" (players) have decided that the "hiding in buildings" exploit has been approved and anyone can use it. Putting it bluntly, IMO, its cheating at worst and unethical at best. That is what will finally kill this game. To sum it up, theologically, it all boils down to the Depravity of Man. That is what you have described. <S>

I agree, it is annoying when someone hides in a building and you get whacked without even knowing someone is even close.  My understanding of WWII tank battles was that they were pretty fluid, but do you know if anyone ever actually did what people do in the game?  It seems reasonable that a real life tanker would try to maximize his advantage according to the terrain.

As for whether it's a glitch in the game or not, has HiTech ever said, one way or the other, if the game is designed to allow that or not?  I would have to know HiTech's opinion of it and go with whatever he says. 
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2022, 07:16:58 AM »
Every single time? Over half a dozen intercepts?

Yes. It's a constant. I see this basically against all bombers I am attacking, because overall lag is the sum of both players lag (and yes, we all have some).
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2022, 07:24:48 AM »
Last night great a2a with my 109g2 with gonds and a spit 16..

I was down to just bb's..

Went round and round until he hit a tree

My <S> good fights gets a not sure why my 20mmm didn't cause you damage ....

I didn't recall any good hit from him but he saw one at least...

It's called the internet...it's why you need to lead your shots more or less depending on how the lag is at the moment

It's why one plane can fly away from a collision without any damage while the other plane is destroyed

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals