Author Topic: controls unmapped  (Read 2534 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: controls unmapped
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2022, 06:42:59 AM »
Hanlon's razor Mr. Dolby.  :)

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Offline Worid

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2022, 01:44:50 PM »
Greeting Dolby! and SALUTE!
Yes, It's nice to be back! Sorry to been away for so long. But duty called as they say and I was forced to be otherwise occupied. Bases to see, People to help, and equipment and software to fix. Not mention having to deal with the VA and my Disabilities.

I'm sure you understand.

As for my post I was just saying even I who usually work with Server Systems and Equipment hardware / software Integrations', make simple mistakes... Such as not paying attention to port addressing on PCI buses, power outputs capabilities available to those ports, etc..

So Please be civil and Just say "thanks for the random input".

Sorry if you feel like I stepped on your toes Little Brother. It was all my fault.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2022, 05:16:31 AM »
I tend to lose only one calibration on my MS FFB2 stick occasionally - the trim forces for roll axis.  It will just lose all return to centering force for that one axis. Relogging and re-calibrating from in game resolves it.

It happens randomly maybe once a week or so.
WHAT?   You saying the "Feedback" of FFB2 works in AcesHigh?    WT@   HOW?   What VOODU do you have? Vibration on Take Off, Guns Firing, Stall buffer..ect? I still have mine.....from Combat Flight Simulator 1,2 and 3, days...this would be awesome, in conjunction with VR. 
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2022, 05:42:33 AM »
Yeah get it out. I use one of those too.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2022, 06:21:28 AM »
Yeah get it out. I use one of those too.
I GET NOTHING?  Then again..I lost my 'Disk/Drivers' the CD that installed for the FFB?  GD House Fire!!!!  I didnt even realize my FFB2 had made it through the fire(Parents House)2013.               Ran across my FFB2 in obscure box that moved with us to WV in 2019? She Lives....Wha Wha Wha...enthusiasm short lived... :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2022, 08:32:25 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the map controllers tab? There's a tick box to enable FFB. I have a Jetpad for my chair that'll do effects that way. There's software that runs it for certain games but AH isn't on the list. Thought about messing around with it to see if it'd work but I know that's how I'd get the effects out of AH to the chair. Same rules would apply for the stick I'd guess.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2022, 09:06:58 AM »
Think I'm on Windows 10. I didn't need any drivers at all. I just callibrated it in the Windows application and then assigned it in AH. Force Feedback is on the Controllers section of the clipboard. The labels aren't intuitive but you can muddle through.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2022, 05:45:54 AM »
Yeah! Did all that!  Was No Where Close to even Jane's F-15.  Tried it again Wednesday Evening...NADA as to what I remember :uhoh

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2022, 05:50:00 AM »
Think I'm on Windows 10. I didn't need any drivers at all. I just callibrated it in the Windows application and then assigned it in AH. Force Feedback is on the Controllers section of the clipboard. The labels aren't intuitive but you can muddle through.
Coming from ACM Guru..that I begged to come back, and show me the way???!!!  He was back...but didnt TELL ME?  :furious  :neener:

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2022, 02:23:50 PM »
Coming from ACM Guru..that I begged to come back, and show me the way???!!!  He was back...but didnt TELL ME?  :furious  :neener:

I rather think of myself as a student. Maybe Student Adept on good days. More than happy to help anyone with their ACM up to the level of my own understanding although it is a limited space in general I begin to realise. Just last week I helped a fellow with his merges. He said Mullaholla or something, I haven't had a moment to look it up yet - repairing my bricked MacBook.

Have you seen me online? Give me a shout. I'll drop everything and happily do an hour with you sir  :banana:

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2022, 12:32:38 PM »
Hanlon's razor Mr. Dolby.  :)

Wise indeed
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2022, 07:56:27 AM »
Didn't catch this to reply earlier.    Yes, AH has pretty much always had FFB support across a variety of features.

I only use 3 -  trim (for centering forces, if disabled the stick goes....limp and floppy), stall and high speed buffets - set very low.   I really use it for the stall buffet more than anything.

I found the other forces distracting and detrimental to control since the stick does express those forces and it's not like we're physically in a plane where our body kind of aligns with the forces and automatically adjusts.  I can see why this kind of fell by the wayside with so few force feedback sticks available today.

WHAT?   You saying the "Feedback" of FFB2 works in AcesHigh?    WT@   HOW?   What VOODU do you have? Vibration on Take Off, Guns Firing, Stall buffer..ect? I still have mine.....from Combat Flight Simulator 1,2 and 3, days...this would be awesome, in conjunction with VR.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2022, 01:44:48 PM »
Didn't catch this to reply earlier.    Yes, AH has pretty much always had FFB support across a variety of features.

I only use 3 -  trim (for centering forces, if disabled the stick goes....limp and floppy), stall and high speed buffets - set very low.   I really use it for the stall buffet more than anything.

I found the other forces distracting and detrimental to control since the stick does express those forces and it's not like we're physically in a plane where our body kind of aligns with the forces and automatically adjusts.  I can see why this kind of fell by the wayside with so few force feedback sticks available today.

Yeah! That's it. Thought it was in there. Ima try this out with my Jet Seat and see if it'll work. Be cool if it did. I tried it in sound mode but couldn't tune out VOX so I was getting bumped every time anybody talked. FFB mode. Goona check it out. Says it'll work here:  https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.com/p/trick-1-if-youd-like-to-make-gametrix.html
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2022, 11:15:32 AM »
I just fiddled with this FFB for the jetseat and not having any luck so far. Don't know if the effects need to be sent to a certain port or what. Seat is config'd per the manual for FFB mode, got nuttin. Reaching out to the dev about it. Have installed FFB drivers for the seat.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2022, 01:06:21 PM »
Did you check the enable boxes for each force and slider above 0%?

Made sure the overall ffb is enabled - uncheck disable all forces?

no idea where the destination ip info came from or what that output to file does.

Then click apply and may have to restart game?  I occasionally lose the ffb and the stick goes floppy, it occurs more often if I hop between arenas.

I just fiddled with this FFB for the jetseat and not having any luck so far. Don't know if the effects need to be sent to a certain port or what. Seat is config'd per the manual for FFB mode, got nuttin. Reaching out to the dev about it. Have installed FFB drivers for the seat.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798