Author Topic: Players that are gone but not forgotten.  (Read 8690 times)

Offline Hyprsloth

• Zinc Member
Re: Players that are gone but not forgotten.
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2023, 01:05:07 AM »
Flackfud
wasp3

Flackfud was my brother.  I turned away from Aces High II after he passed away suddenly from a brain aneurysm.  I was Sincraft then..
We played together rather religiously. 
His son was just about to turn 6 then, he is now 16...My nephew knows how so ski rather well, is in the band (but hates it), almost an eagle scout, is learning to drive, has a girlfriend (that no one approves of, of course...), is almost as good as a gamer as me at FPS's (ok he's better...slightly!), and has no idea about this game his father played. 
Flackfud and I attended the Dayton camp ground gathering (although we stayed in a hotel and got slammed and shot pool after visiting / drinking with people at the camp ground).   

BTW he pronounced his name Flack Food. As in "I suck"  Everyone called him Flack Fud.  :)  He was "Groundfeeder" for a long time as well.  His son is known as GroundFeeder JR, but he has taken on some other names.

If there is a God, I hope to see my brother again, and hold him in my arms and tell him how much I appreciated his help through my 20's...if anything to reassure me and throw me a 20 here and there to help me get by.  Im doing goodish now.  Family, house, cabin, cars, spending tons of money on crap...  Id do anything to see and play with my brother one more day.

This community was great..and yet my brain cant recall many of the names.  Maybe intentionally.

I wish you all the best. I doubt I would give it another go.  I can't hear "check six" without sobbing...

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2023, 09:55:36 AM »
Zulu and Earshot  :salute
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2023, 11:11:28 AM »
Flackfud was my brother.  I turned away from Aces High II after he passed away suddenly from a brain aneurysm.  I was Sincraft then..
His son was just about to turn 6 then, he is now 16...My nephew knows how so ski rather well, is in the band (but hates it), almost an eagle scout, is learning to drive, has a girlfriend (that no one approves of, of course...), is almost as good as a gamer as me at FPS's (ok he's better...slightly!), and has no idea about this game his father played. 
Flackfud and I attended the Dayton camp ground gathering (although we stayed in a hotel and got slammed and shot pool after visiting / drinking with people at the camp ground).   

BTW he pronounced his name Flack Food. As in "I suck"  Everyone called him Flack Fud.  :)  He was "Groundfeeder" for a long time as well.  His son is known as GroundFeeder JR, but he has taken on some other names.

If there is a God, I hope to see my brother again, and hold him in my arms and tell him how much I appreciated his help through my 20's...if anything to reassure me and throw me a 20 here and there to help me get by.  Im doing goodish now.  Family, house, cabin, cars, spending tons of money on crap...  Id do anything to see and play with my brother one more day.

This community was great..and yet my brain cant recall many of the names.  Maybe intentionally.

I wish you all the best. I doubt I would give it another go.  I can't hear "check six" without sobbing...

You'll definitely see your brother again.

<3
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2023, 03:08:03 PM »
I'm sorry for the loss of your brother.  I lost one also who played along side me in Air Warrior and Aces High.  I found peace over time immersing myself back in the game remembering the good times we had.  I hope you find your peace and wish you the best.

Cheers,  One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2023, 06:02:18 PM »
Vega happened to be near my first ever dog fight. I pulled some goofy double Immelmann out of my bellybutton and got the kill. He chimed in immediately saying how impressive it was. I was so chuffed but I had to come clean and tell him it was an accident lol. He was super helpful to me from then on.

He must have passed after I took an extended break from the game. Wish I hadn’t now.  :salute

I am also a bit mad/sad I missed the AKAK memorial flight as I didn’t get home in time. Any video of it?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2023, 05:53:47 PM »
Zulu and Earshot  :salute

Earshot is gone?
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2023, 06:27:04 PM »
Prior to our loss of ET37, a real life B-29 pilot, was the loss of his wife, Barbara. He posted, "Thanks to all who prayed for my wife! Thanks for being a friend when I needed someone <S>" The reply's, per a couple of screen shots I took, came from A8Cole, soulhntr, BAD1050. 27th, myself (HB555), MrCrowly, Oysters, bortas1, Fugitive, jetty, Nuker69, AKnot, airjer, SNIPER30, Nishizwa, Kabam, Jedi, 77Splat, Hetzer, cutlass and BudGray. Those are just the guys I caught with two screen shots. It wasn't long after Barbara died that ET37 followed her. How many of those guys are still around themselves?
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2023, 08:08:35 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OlpRebQoGU
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

HOST: HiTech Shot Down Skyyr Kill#1

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2023, 10:27:27 PM »
Prior to our loss of ET37, a real life B-29 pilot, was the loss of his wife, Barbara. He posted, "Thanks to all who prayed for my wife! Thanks for being a friend when I needed someone <S>" The reply's, per a couple of screen shots I took, came from A8Cole, soulhntr, BAD1050. 27th, myself (HB555), MrCrowly, Oysters, bortas1, Fugitive, jetty, Nuker69, AKnot, airjer, SNIPER30, Nishizwa, Kabam, Jedi, 77Splat, Hetzer, cutlass and BudGray. Those are just the guys I caught with two screen shots. It wasn't long after Barbara died that ET37 followed her. How many of those guys are still around themselves?

I am still around just not playing the game. I do remember ET37 and did a few bomber missions with him in the game. Was a great guy to fly with

Molsman
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-
               Wait n Bleed

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2023, 07:31:52 AM »

Some of us are still around. I hear from bortas and Jedi on a squad thread now and then. A8cole, 27th MrCrowly, myself, airjer still play. The others I havent seen or heard from in a while.

Most of us are getting up there in years. Some of the old "squeekers" are starting to come back now as their kids have moved out and they are looking for something to keep them selves busy with.

Some of the people we have lost have gone way too soon. Younger than me which scares the crap out of me sometimes. Im glad I have my wife harping on me to keep moving eat better and not drink so much..... well I dont listen to her on the drinking as much as the other stuff  :)

Fair winds to all!

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2023, 12:34:17 AM »
Some of us are still around. I hear from bortas and Jedi on a squad thread now and then. A8cole, 27th MrCrowly, myself, airjer still play. The others I havent seen or heard from in a while.

Most of us are getting up there in years. Some of the old "squeekers" are starting to come back now as their kids have moved out and they are looking for something to keep them selves busy with.

Some of the people we have lost have gone way too soon. Younger than me which scares the crap out of me sometimes. Im glad I have my wife harping on me to keep moving eat better and not drink so much..... well I dont listen to her on the drinking as much as the other stuff  :)

Fair winds to all!

That’s because you a draw some killer cartoons Fugi.   I still have the one ya drew of me in my wall. Wife says it takes up much space and I told her who cares! This is a Major Award for me Fugi Cartooned me
               Wait n Bleed

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2023, 10:37:56 AM »
Lol! <S>

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2023, 12:27:19 AM »
Lol! <S>

Love ya Man
<S>

Not many player get an excellent cartoon drawing from the game by Fugitive
               Wait n Bleed

Online scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2023, 01:08:52 AM »
Love ya Man
<S>

Not many player get an excellent cartoon drawing from the game by Fugitive
true I did and I made it my avatar! Love ya fugi!
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2023, 04:06:42 PM »
true I did and I made it my avatar! Love ya fugi!

:rock