Author Topic: What's the Difference Between Weather and Climate?  (Read 6080 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: What's the Difference Between Weather and Climate?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2022, 01:14:47 PM »
The asteroid caused a large plankton die off which regulates the amount of Co2 thus there was an increase in Co2 in the atmosphere.

Much like the melting of the permafrost is release large amounts of methane that it had trapped, which is another greenhouse gas.

That's one theory, I guess, but it may also be specious fiction. That's the way science works.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2022, 01:20:50 PM »
That's one theory, I guess, but it may also be specious fiction. That's the way science works.

So with your superior intelligence, what is your theory?

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2022, 01:35:32 PM »
The asteroid caused a large plankton die off which regulates the amount of Co2 thus there was an increase in Co2 in the atmosphere.

Much like the melting of the permafrost is release large amounts of methane that it had trapped,which is another greenhouse gas.

And yet everything is fine. The world never ended.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2022, 01:49:39 PM »

And yet everything is fine. The world never ended.

It ended for the dinos.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2022, 02:16:31 PM »
But the Earth was fine! Life on Earth was fine and it went on. Just like we are fine and nothing's going to happen to us because the climate is getting warmer. It's all a bunch of roadkill.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2022, 02:44:25 PM »
I will also note that scientist s tell us that the nuclear winter is what killed the dinosaurs, not warming climate.

So other than a civilization killing asteroid hitting the earth, nothing bad is happening and we're going to be fine.

We are blessed with a warm climate that allows us to grow enough food and to thrive.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2022, 02:53:06 PM »
Dad was a geologist with over 30 years experience in the field. As I heard from him many times, climate is cyclical. There's plenty of evidence in ice and earth to prove this.

This also brought to mind George Carlin's take on climate change. I miss that guy.

Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2022, 02:59:47 PM »
Dad was a geologist with over 30 years experience in the field. As I heard from him many times, climate is cyclical. There's plenty of evidence in ice and earth to prove this.

This also brought to mind George Carlin's take on climate change. I miss that guy.

LOL.

He brings up another great point. These goofballs continually tell us that such and such animal going extinct is going to be horrible and affect the whole food chain. And it never happens. Major animals and minor animals go extinct all the time and life continues to go on. Things adapt. Nothing bad ever happens.

Really you would have to be a complete idiot to not understand that climate is cyclical. You'd also have to be a complete idiot to see that nothing bad is happening because we're in a warmer climate and that it's actually a good thing.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2022, 03:05:42 PM »
You mean short term prosperity, right?

Ha ha. I mean a trendy computer model is no reason to flush civilization down the toilet.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2022, 04:14:16 PM »
Climate is created due to where the earth is located around the sun and mainly its distance from the sun. Weather is seasonal patterns due to the earths position to the sun given winter or summer and inbetween. Climate and weather are both relative area specific due to the earths sphere shape. The earth doesn't ever drift too far or too close to the sun while it's spinning and orbiting. Therefore climates remain stable in their area.Then you have the coriolis effect at the equator from the earth spinning which causes wind patterns. Wind patterns effect the weather with high and low pressure. Seasonality effects the weather. Weather is very variable but stays within a range given its climate due to precipitation patterns caused by moisture in the atmosphere. Heat effects pressure and during low pressure it rains. In areas that are arid, their is little moisture in the atmosphere. Weather has a lot to do with elevation and location from the equator along with how far that is from the ocean and large lakes/seas mostly. The only thing that would actually increase the earths relative temperature is it's distance to the sun on its orbit which sways variably back and forth.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2022, 04:51:50 PM »
I will also note that scientist s tell us that the nuclear winter is what killed the dinosaurs, not warming climate.

So other than a civilization killing asteroid hitting the earth, nothing bad is happening and we're going to be fine.

We are blessed with a warm climate that allows us to grow enough food and to thrive.

so then why argue against lowering emissions, if it causes recession or not it doesn't matter.  we have gone thru recessions and it didn't kill us,  we are fine.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2022, 05:18:10 PM »
Climate is created due to where the earth is located around the sun and mainly its distance from the sun. Weather is seasonal patterns due to the earths position to the sun given winter or summer and inbetween. Climate and weather are both relative area specific due to the earths sphere shape. The earth doesn't ever drift too far or too close to the sun while it's spinning and orbiting. Therefore climates remain stable in their area.Then you have the coriolis effect at the equator from the earth spinning which causes wind patterns. Wind patterns effect the weather with high and low pressure. Seasonality effects the weather. Weather is very variable but stays within a range given its climate due to precipitation patterns caused by moisture in the atmosphere. Heat effects pressure and during low pressure it rains. In areas that are arid, their is little moisture in the atmosphere. Weather has a lot to do with elevation and location from the equator along with how far that is from the ocean and large lakes/seas mostly. The only thing that would actually increase the earths relative temperature is it's distance to the sun on its orbit which sways variably back and forth.

There is also variance in the seasonal axial tilt and minor gravity effects from other planets.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2022, 06:17:20 PM »
The real reasons the dinos died was they were farting too much and created co2, that made the earth too hot and then they died. It was so hot that they decomposed and turned into oil, then when the earth cooled the humans took over and said far out
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2022, 11:56:33 PM »
So which humans need to be destroyed  :(them?

You environmental zealots decided yet who needs to be despatched?

You and yours or others?

Bend the knee and put your mask on that’s your badge of honour.

Who will save my monkey :(

The Peasants will soon stop this nonsense when they realise they are not part of the saved righteous class.
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2022, 07:54:43 AM »
So which humans need to be destroyed  :(them?

You environmental zealots decided yet who needs to be despatched?

You and yours or others?

Bend the knee and put your mask on that’s your badge of honour.

Who will save my monkey :(

The Peasants will soon stop this nonsense when they realise they are not part of the saved righteous class.

You'd think so, but the peasants never do stop. That's one reason why they are referred to as useful idiots. They push the agendas that are detrimental to themselves - and they're proud to do it. They think that normal people just don't get it. That we are stupid and don't know what's best for everyone. They can't stay out of other people's lives and they can't stop pushing this nonsense on us.