Author Topic: What's the Difference Between Weather and Climate?  (Read 6081 times)

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
Re: What's the Difference Between Weather and Climate?
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2022, 11:56:20 AM »
The answer to this question is very simple: If it suits the climate change zealots, it's climate. If it doesn't, it's weather.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2022, 12:01:38 PM »

And yet everything is fine. The world never ended.

Yup I think we should let Darwin sort them out.  I suppose you’d have been fine living in the nice warm climate we had when the Dino’s roamed…might have been difficult to breathe but hey the O2 content was twice what it is today so by that logic you’d only need one lung……

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2022, 12:12:31 PM »
So with your superior intelligence, what is your theory?

My theory is when you become a serious person, or should that ever happen, then maybe you can join the conversation. Maybe.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2022, 12:36:23 PM »

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2022, 12:43:32 PM »

Yup I think we should let Darwin sort them out.  I suppose you’d have been fine living in the nice warm climate we had when the Dino’s roamed…might have been difficult to breathe but hey the O2 content was twice what it is today so by that logic you’d only need one lung……

Twice the co2 and life was abundant. No problems at all.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2022, 01:53:05 PM »

when dinosaurs disappeared any life form bigger than a rat died.  1/2 the plants died.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2022, 02:03:59 PM »

I don't think anything our corrupt political leaders say or do will change anything about our climate and weather

As any changes would be microscope if measurable at all..its the perfect boogeyman to waste money on while enriching themselves and their buddies and enabling further control of our lifestyles

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2022, 02:40:44 PM »
when dinosaurs disappeared any life form bigger than a rat died.  1/2 the plants died.

semp
all hail flaming sky rock.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2022, 03:13:25 PM »
There is a looming fertilizer shortage. Lucky for us more CO2 helps plants grow. More plants means more oxygen.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2022, 03:27:43 PM »

No twice the oxygen levels,if I would have meant Co2 I would have written it.

As for life being abundant,well yes but there were very few mammals,mostly Dino’s and insects on land with plenty of fish in the sea….

Personally I doubt it,meaning climate change/weather will have any effect on me but that doesn’t stop me from worrying about the world we’ll leave behind for my grandson and his children.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2022, 03:29:45 PM »
There is a looming fertilizer shortage. Lucky for us more CO2 helps plants grow. More plants means more oxygen.

I always wondered this too..

With our deforestation of the amazon you’d think it would balance out some

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2022, 03:34:12 PM »
I don't think anything our corrupt political leaders say or do will change anything about our climate and weather

As any changes would be microscope if measurable at all..its the perfect boogeyman to waste money on while enriching themselves and their buddies and enabling further control of our lifestyles

Eagler

Well in my short life time I’ve seen the results of some change. In the 60’s if you went to any major city you could literally watch you tshirt get stained form the pollution,then we enacted smog controls on cars and after a few years it stopped. People complained,car makers complained,etc. but it made a difference.

Stopped at a car meet last weekend to check out a few rare cars,almost everyone of them when started all you could smell was gas fumes…… cool cars though.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2022, 04:07:48 PM »

Well in my short life time I’ve seen the results of some change. In the 60’s if you went to any major city you could literally watch you tshirt get stained form the pollution,then we enacted smog controls on cars and after a few years it stopped. People complained,car makers complained,etc. but it made a difference.

Stopped at a car meet last weekend to check out a few rare cars,almost everyone of them when started all you could smell was gas fumes…… cool cars though.

what does that have to do with climate change and weather?

I don't know anybody who doesn't want a clean environment and healthy air.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2022, 04:11:06 PM »
what does that have to do with climate change and weather?

I don't know anybody who doesn't want a clean environment and healthy air.

smog affects climate change.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2022, 04:23:36 PM »
So the climate got better then. Cool.