Author Topic: August 2022 KOTH Results.  (Read 844 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
August 2022 KOTH Results.
« on: August 13, 2022, 11:26:53 PM »
Congratulations and -{S}- to StepSis for winning August's KOTH. Ju-87D-3 chosen for September.
Logs are up and RbR results in a day or three.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: August 2022 KOTH Results.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 06:24:39 AM »
Congrats StepSis!

Thanks for hosting fuzeman!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 09:16:44 AM »
Well, next month we'll be waiting a week for KOTH results.
And, I very much hate to say, I guess I have to have a text channel set to 200.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 09:26:23 AM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2022, 12:55:27 PM »
lol, yeah the radio buffer covers quite a range of channels, 200 as most of us already tune in MA, 2 as being all knit for the event, 101 - both vox and text because that's the "official" one...  we hit 200 and 2 more out of muscle memory/habit.

I think ch101 for vox and ch2 for general event chat should cover it? Or 101 for both - just need to be very consistent about getting us used to using only whatever is decided.

Well, next month we'll be waiting a week for KOTH results.
And, I very much hate to say, I guess I have to have a text channel set to 200.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2022, 04:46:12 PM »
You don’t need to have a separate channel to transmit on VOX channel.
Doesn’t everyone know how to do that or is I special?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 07:08:33 PM »
Keeping it in HERE and I guess this will go on....................
Final Reply-
I think StepSis did the correct thing. As I've said in there before, if the pilot is sure he didn't break alt he should continue flying. If anyone has an issue they should speak up and say something then and there. I would request they SEND THE FILM TO ME. The event would continue without much interruption and finish with an * so no results posted.  I'd have to review films if sent that week, not going to wait long on that, and see what happened. No film you loose. If that round winner is DQ-ed for some reason we throw that round out. If that means the KOTH winner looses a round, that month would have no winner.

Regarding a warping player. HiTech isn't going to stop them from flying in the melee arena and I'm not going to stop them flying in KOTH. That being said if a player is warping, and I didn't really see much until my netstat went FUBAR, I think that's more on the player. They should try a relog or something to try and correct it IF POSSIBLE. Fixing the internet, that's a good one.
If it were me and I had a warpy connection and I was told by many players I'd try a relog or two if necessary, even a Reboot. But I would NOT stay in an event knowing I was warping around. You can tell if your warping usually and in KOTH other players will let you know.

Moandays are bad enough and I'm hoping this will be over then, but I said that once before. Why do I  host this again?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2022, 07:38:36 AM »
August KOTH lasted around 2 1/2 hours and we had 10 rounds. We had at most 13 people flying and ended with a pair of wabbits.
Congratulations and -{S}- went to StepSis and the Ju 87D-3 was chosen for next month's first ride.

Round by round results:
1} Eagler in a Me 262A-1,  13 minutes
2} Mom in a Bf 109F-4,  14 minutes
3} StepSis in a Bf 110G-2,  8 minutes
4} THRASH99 in a Me 410,  13 minutes
5} THRASH99 in a P-47M,  9 minutes   {Wabbit}
6} tdgShane in a La-7,  7 minutes
7} LeonTwnk in a F4U-1,  9 minutes
8) StepSis in a Ta 152H-1,  10 minutes
9) StepSis in a Spitfire Mk. I,  11 minutes   {Wabbit}
10) StepSis wins in a P-51D,   11 minutes

StepSis and THRASH99 earn reservations to the TOC.
Top 5 kills recorded were StepSis-19, THRASH99-12, Eagler and tdgShane-10, HORRIDO-5
Logs can be found at http://ahevents.net/index.php/event-logs

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2022, 08:16:51 AM »
Thanks for hosting Fuzeman, you're the true king month after month :rock
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing machine!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2022, 06:56:02 AM »
Thanks for hosting Fuzeman, you're the true king month after month :rock

2nd this!

Thanks fuzeman!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2022, 01:33:26 AM »
I appreciate fuzeman's  continued effort to keep koth going....

But regarding this last koth event to where everyone was yacking on vox (both tuned vox 101 as well as range vox)

I've never heard suchlike bs ever before in a koth event and I will promise you I've been in more of the koth events more than any other player to ever play this game (and in the top 7 to ever play koth in AW)

But to hear such  bs chatter when it's not allowed,  pissed me off so much, I logged out during round 3....

In over 25 years of koth I have never witnessed any thing like that

Nuff Said from my view point 👉 👈

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC