Author Topic: Player number limits  (Read 1240 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Player number limits
« on: August 16, 2022, 09:56:21 PM »
As I understand it, the Custom Arenas are limited to 16 players total,right?  :headscratch:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Player number limits
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 11:00:16 AM »
Maybe you'll find this helpful.

Yep. But in 6-8 months of hosting my Combat room, I never saw more then 5 other players come in at one time. In the winter, I'd see a couple of dozen random players pop in for a bit every day. Had some regulars among them but they either subscribed or disappeared after a few weeks. Numbers started declining in May so I reduced hours and it pretty much kill the room, so it's gone now. Having the room up consistently was a major factor in the attendance.

Until I learned, and got into the habit of manually updating Windows once a week, and then turning off updates, it was a pita to keep the room up reliably. Before that I could see as many as 3 "Host connection lost" in a single day.

There was also a pattern. Players would come in, fly right past the shacks I intended to keep them busy while waiting for another player and hit the opposing airfield. If they didn't get a response they left.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 06:35:52 PM »
Our squad has been having  training sessions once a month. Our squad has about 20 members, and a sister squad with about 12 members, which is higher than the allotted players in a custom arena. The only way we can get everyone in at the same time is use the Training arena, which we would prefer not to do.

I was wondering if maybe we could use an arena in AVA maybe, I''l send a note to Jaeger and see if he can help. If  you have an ideas or suggestions, please let me know. :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 10:07:40 PM »
It's surprising you haven't been using the AvA for that.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001