Author Topic: Can’t run aces high  (Read 607 times)

Offline swoose

• Copper Member
Can’t run aces high
« on: August 20, 2022, 06:15:06 AM »
I have built a new pc and when I run Aces High the program tries to start and then windows gives me a message the program has stopped working. Sometimes it just flashes on the screen and closes.

I found an old copy of AH version 3.0 patch 10 and it ran but wanted to update. When it updated it would no longer run. I ran the program offline so it wouldn’t try to update and the program ran with no problems.

Don’t know if the DX12 video card is the problem or what. Tried a lot of things to get it to work and emailed support with no reply.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Can’t run aces high
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 06:56:02 AM »
Honestly, I would try downloading a fresh, full install from the AH homepage:

https://www.hitechcreations.com/downloads/downloads-game

Current version on my PC is 3.06 Patch 4.   The AH download says 3.05 Patch 7, so there is some discrepancy there.  But you would be a lot closer to the current version with this route.

What is your new system like?  Are you running Windows 11?   Which video card do you have, and have you updated it with the latest drivers?    The video card should handle DX11 without a problem, which I believe is the current DX AH uses.

Offline swoose

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 09:23:31 AM »
Asus rog strix z690 motherboard
Asus  rog strix RTX GeForce 3060 video card with 12 gb memory
I9 Intel processor 12900k
32 gb memory
Windows 10 home.
All drivers are current and latest windows update
Latest game download

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 11:42:10 AM »
I have built a new pc and when I run Aces High the program tries to start and then windows gives me a message the program has stopped working. Sometimes it just flashes on the screen and closes.

I found an old copy of AH version 3.0 patch 10 and it ran but wanted to update. When it updated it would no longer run. I ran the program offline so it wouldn’t try to update and the program ran with no problems.

Don’t know if the DX12 video card is the problem or what. Tried a lot of things to get it to work and emailed support with no reply.

Any help would be appreciated.

Another guy had basically the same issue. After a ton of trouble shooting it was suggested to try and download the game from STEAM, and it worked.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,404953.msg5361310.html#msg5361310

Offline swoose

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 09:06:18 PM »
Thanks Fugitive. I was able to go to steam and get it downloaded and it ran. Only problem was it wanted me to get a new account through stream. I was able to go to Hitech website and download it from there and put my account information in and get going from there.
 Don't understand the difference but glad to be back flying and dying.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2022, 12:40:43 AM »
awesome!  <S>