Author Topic: What kind of thread should I start?  (Read 2397 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
What kind of thread should I start?
« on: August 23, 2022, 01:42:26 PM »
Sometimes I can't think of anything but I need to start a thread.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
Re: What kind of thread should I start?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 01:44:41 PM »
I feel this post may hijack your thread, but...  What this place needs is an "On Today's Date" thread, so...

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 02:17:46 PM »

What you had for lunch and the price of t-shirts at Walmart?

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 02:19:38 PM »
Those retro shirts they sell are cool and cheap.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 03:14:28 PM »
What you had for lunch and the price of t-shirts at Walmart?

No, the timing has to be right for one of those kind of threads.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 03:24:12 PM »
Dinner at Cracker Barrel has gone up like 30%
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 03:33:17 PM »
Theories on why people think the earth is flat and not round
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2022, 03:40:35 PM »
In the fourth dimension, the earth is flat.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2022, 03:41:15 PM »

:rofl  :aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2022, 03:48:28 PM »
No, the timing has to be right for one of those kind of threads.

My bad. I apologize.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2022, 04:18:39 PM »
Let’s talk about nothing
I was wondering about the subject I would write about today; I came up with nothing. Yet, in the progress of talking about nothing, I will talk about everything. But in the end, nothing will matter. Alright, let’s get nothing going on!

Nothing can be something

If we talk about nothing, are we talking? Yes, we are, so we are actually talking about something. Yet at the end of the conversation, you will get nothing from it. You will have used a lot of words without talking about something. That reminds me about some people…

It’s like those advertisements.
Ever saw an advertisement and wondered what they were advertising about? I have it a lot with car ads. They ramble on for 30 sec to tell you what it was in the last 5 sec. And you go something like this: “How the hell was the first part of the ad related to the subject?” That’s because they talk about a car. Everyone knows what cars are and what they do. That’s why they talk about nothing at all and then tell you why that was important to the car. It’s like they didn’t know what product they were advertising.

It doesn’t make sense!
Yes it does! People just want to talk; they don’t care about what they talk about. They want to express their opinion about something. And you need to go like: “Wow, I never thought about that, tell me more!” Most cases that won’t happen and you want to express your opinion.

You have the wrong opinion!
There is that problem that the opinions don’t always match so more talking will happen. Both parties want to win the conversation. How do you win a conversation? It’s like trying to win a game of soccer when you are the referee. When does the referee ever win? He is not one of the teams that can win or lose. The same goes for opinions; it’s how you see the world. What is the point of convincing someone besides yourself about your world view?

If only that person would understand me
People like expressing their opinion, but why? Most people will express their opinion and if the other person has a different opinion, they will start to explain. Like the other person actually cares about your opinion. No, the reason most people express their opinion is to see if the other persons are like them. To see what they have in common. Why they want to change the other person opinion is just weird if you think about it. They want to have more in common with each other. But most discussions that are based on opinions turn out into fights. Not a good way to make friends right? You have better chances of becoming friends by playing ‘Monopoly.’

That’s why we have public television!
TV is the best way to give people an opinion about something without actually have it matters in their lives. It’s like politics. Everyone has an opinion, but nobody is in a position to change anything at all. But they like to talk about it. Until it turns to fighting. Maybe it’s better to talk about the latest sitcom. It can be a sitcom with a laughing track. Those things actually have the opinion that they have to tell you when you should laugh. Maybe they are trying to brainwash you? Or maybe they are to dumb for that? Talking about a sitcom can’t possibly have a conflict in opinions, right?

Plot twist

If you like my opinions that I just told you. Then I failed in talking about nothing. It’s hard to have an opinion about nothing. But with the many subjects I have thrown at you, there must have been at least 1 that trigger you into a reaction. Something that provoked you to talk more about that one thing. That would have derailed the entire goal of this article right?

You would be wrong, the way I talked was to find something to talk about while talking about nothing.

None of the subjects had anything to do with the other subject. I was just poking at you to see how you would react. As long as you didn’t react, I would just find some other place to poke you at.

Conclusion
Don’t get upset with other peoples opinion when they talk about any subject at the same time. They are talking about nothing. They just want to talk and know some ways to get your attention for a longer conversation. They probably don’t know that they do it. Don’t blame them for it. Those people talk because they need it. They will feel very lonely otherwise. Just ask them about their opinion and pretend that you are interested. Let them tell their story. They will feel good and it won’t turn the conversation into a fight. Just pretend that you are a hero and you are saving someone day. Maybe you will encounter some other hero, that will make your day.

From a post By
Pieter De Bisschop
Jan 17, 2019
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2022, 04:30:15 PM »
Also--EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I attempt to enter or leave any Cracker Barrel some fat decrepit old person(s) is blocking the door whilst moving thru at a glacial pace. They should have thin doors for ambulatory people
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2022, 06:06:18 PM »
Let’s talk about nothing
I was wondering about the subject I would write about today; I came up with nothing. Yet, in the progress of talking about nothing, I will talk about everything. But in the end, nothing will matter. Alright, let’s get nothing going on!

Nothing can be something

If we talk about nothing, are we talking? Yes, we are, so we are actually talking about something. Yet at the end of the conversation, you will get nothing from it. You will have used a lot of words without talking about something. That reminds me about some people…

It’s like those advertisements.
Ever saw an advertisement and wondered what they were advertising about? I have it a lot with car ads. They ramble on for 30 sec to tell you what it was in the last 5 sec. And you go something like this: “How the hell was the first part of the ad related to the subject?” That’s because they talk about a car. Everyone knows what cars are and what they do. That’s why they talk about nothing at all and then tell you why that was important to the car. It’s like they didn’t know what product they were advertising.

It doesn’t make sense!
Yes it does! People just want to talk; they don’t care about what they talk about. They want to express their opinion about something. And you need to go like: “Wow, I never thought about that, tell me more!” Most cases that won’t happen and you want to express your opinion.

You have the wrong opinion!
There is that problem that the opinions don’t always match so more talking will happen. Both parties want to win the conversation. How do you win a conversation? It’s like trying to win a game of soccer when you are the referee. When does the referee ever win? He is not one of the teams that can win or lose. The same goes for opinions; it’s how you see the world. What is the point of convincing someone besides yourself about your world view?

If only that person would understand me
People like expressing their opinion, but why? Most people will express their opinion and if the other person has a different opinion, they will start to explain. Like the other person actually cares about your opinion. No, the reason most people express their opinion is to see if the other persons are like them. To see what they have in common. Why they want to change the other person opinion is just weird if you think about it. They want to have more in common with each other. But most discussions that are based on opinions turn out into fights. Not a good way to make friends right? You have better chances of becoming friends by playing ‘Monopoly.’

That’s why we have public television!
TV is the best way to give people an opinion about something without actually have it matters in their lives. It’s like politics. Everyone has an opinion, but nobody is in a position to change anything at all. But they like to talk about it. Until it turns to fighting. Maybe it’s better to talk about the latest sitcom. It can be a sitcom with a laughing track. Those things actually have the opinion that they have to tell you when you should laugh. Maybe they are trying to brainwash you? Or maybe they are to dumb for that? Talking about a sitcom can’t possibly have a conflict in opinions, right?

Plot twist

If you like my opinions that I just told you. Then I failed in talking about nothing. It’s hard to have an opinion about nothing. But with the many subjects I have thrown at you, there must have been at least 1 that trigger you into a reaction. Something that provoked you to talk more about that one thing. That would have derailed the entire goal of this article right?

You would be wrong, the way I talked was to find something to talk about while talking about nothing.

None of the subjects had anything to do with the other subject. I was just poking at you to see how you would react. As long as you didn’t react, I would just find some other place to poke you at.

Conclusion
Don’t get upset with other peoples opinion when they talk about any subject at the same time. They are talking about nothing. They just want to talk and know some ways to get your attention for a longer conversation. They probably don’t know that they do it. Don’t blame them for it. Those people talk because they need it. They will feel very lonely otherwise. Just ask them about their opinion and pretend that you are interested. Let them tell their story. They will feel good and it won’t turn the conversation into a fight. Just pretend that you are a hero and you are saving someone day. Maybe you will encounter some other hero, that will make your day.

From a post By
Pieter De Bisschop
Jan 17, 2019

Seinfield did it first.  :D

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2022, 06:13:49 PM »
Also--EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I attempt to enter or leave any Cracker Barrel some fat decrepit old person(s) is blocking the door whilst moving thru at a glacial pace. They should have thin doors for ambulatory people

I thought it was just me.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2022, 06:14:44 PM »
Tampons: 'We're not the best, but we're right up there.'  :aok

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear