Author Topic: slow day.. kind of bored so..  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
slow day.. kind of bored so..
« on: August 28, 2022, 10:13:49 AM »
Steam or what to connect to AH?  Do you physically plug into the pc?  Stupid questions I know but, honestly, the only thing I've been working towards was getting back into AH in VR and trying it out as a virtual office. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: slow day.. kind of bored so..
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 12:00:30 PM »
Normally you can just use the regular download of the game. Double check to be sure your AH icon points to the DX11 version of the game. Normal start up is put your headset on and start it, lift your headset and using the mouse start the game. A pop-up will ask you if you want to use your Quest/VR click yes and put your headset back on.

A couple people have had an issue downloading the game. A fix is to download it through Steam.

I use the cable to plug my headset in. It will charge the headset as you play which makes it good for long sessions. The battery lasts for a while but sometimes not as long as a good session.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 12:25:21 PM »
Steam or what to connect to AH?  Do you physically plug into the pc?  Stupid questions I know but, honestly, the only thing I've been working towards was getting back into AH in VR and trying it out as a virtual office.

Which VR headset are you using?
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 04:02:00 PM »
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 06:28:17 PM »
You guys think VR makes you better? I think I'm as good as I've ever been since I made the switch.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing machine!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2022, 06:51:01 PM »
Flying is better, texting is worse.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2022, 09:04:21 PM »
Flying is better, texting is worse.

Agreed, tho Im not a better pilot, it is much more fun  :)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2022, 09:34:02 PM »
Oculus

I use the Oculus App for windows PC. I DO NOT purchase games for the Oculus on that app, you do that on the headset.

I connect using the airlink, then launch the desktop. Once in the desktop mode you use the hand controller to select the desktop icon in the toolbar and then your inside your PC. I then launch aces high, it asks me if i am using oculus, I select yes then the game launches and I no longer use the controller.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2022, 07:26:17 AM »
You guys think VR makes you better? I think I'm as good as I've ever been since I made the switch.

Yes I do..it does for me and my mr.magoo vision in 2d

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2022, 09:44:58 AM »
Yes I do..it does for me and my mr.magoo vision in 2d

Eagler

SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2022, 10:14:08 AM »
Don't mean to hijack - but hey, Alpo, that fight last night with you and SKJackD was a lot of fun. 

I'm shaking the rust off after a break and ran into you two in your Sky Knight 38J's while I was doing touch and go's off a sharp mountain peak.   I ducked my Ki.61 behind the peak away from you and tried to come up over the top, misjudged my altitude and bellied onto the peak.  I thought I was a goner, my plane skidding down the mountain side but I finally came to a stop.  And then suddenly JackD did the same thing, came in too low and bellied in, except he was skidding right across my nose!   I couldn't believe it, but held down my trigger and stitched him with 20mm as he crossed in front of me and "Boom!" he's back in the tower.

The you finished me off with your strafing run.   

The whole thing reminded me of a cheesy James Bond movie, I was laughing out loud for quite a while after at the silliness of it.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2022, 08:00:16 PM »
Well if you're going to hijack at least you told a good story  :aok

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2022, 07:22:28 AM »
Don't mean to hijack - but hey, Alpo, that fight last night with you and SKJackD was a lot of fun. 

I'm shaking the rust off after a break and ran into you two in your Sky Knight 38J's while I was doing touch and go's off a sharp mountain peak.   I ducked my Ki.61 behind the peak away from you and tried to come up over the top, misjudged my altitude and bellied onto the peak.  I thought I was a goner, my plane skidding down the mountain side but I finally came to a stop.  And then suddenly JackD did the same thing, came in too low and bellied in, except he was skidding right across my nose!   I couldn't believe it, but held down my trigger and stitched him with 20mm as he crossed in front of me and "Boom!" he's back in the tower.

The you finished me off with your strafing run.   

The whole thing reminded me of a cheesy James Bond movie, I was laughing out loud for quite a while after at the silliness of it.

We saw your darbar and figured you were playing peek-a-boo with the Mount Everest of the area. 

"He's slow, he's going to stall it.  OH... he just bellied it in, he's down... OH CRAP!!!  I did the same, right into his guns!!   :rofl"  He was laughing so hard he called it a night after that and I followed shortly after landing.  It's hard to top stuff like that.

:rock   :salute

SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2022, 08:01:16 AM »

We saw your darbar and figured you were playing peek-a-boo with the Mount Everest of the area. 

"He's slow, he's going to stall it.  OH... he just bellied it in, he's down... OH CRAP!!!  I did the same, right into his guns!!   :rofl"  He was laughing so hard he called it a night after that and I followed shortly after landing.  It's hard to top stuff like that.

:rock   :salute

Agreed!   I'll remember that one for a long time - my mind always plays JackD's skid across my nose in slow motion.   Wish I'd filmed it!    :salute SkyKnights!

Dicho - we need you back in game like yesterday, man!   

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2022, 06:09:29 AM »
working on it Oboe.  I'd be back already but I got greedy and decide to go totally balls out on the gaming rig.  Next one I'm going to learn to build on my own.  Doesn't look too hard actually.

I was talking to Brooke and I've decided to temporarily go with CH for now then upgrade to Virble over the next year.  CH should get me through for at least a year I think.

I'm thinking possibly October.