Author Topic: CoQ10 - results?  (Read 1536 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
CoQ10 - results?
« on: August 30, 2022, 05:40:37 AM »
Have any of you tried CoQ10 for a significant enough amount of time to see/not see results (3 months at least from what I’ve read).

My reasons for giving this a try are many, so I won’t bore you with the lot, however one example is my blood pressure has been steadily increasing this year and another is fatigue (probably partially not enough sleep and lots of night shifts).

Yes I see my doctor…and yes I have a cardiologist (way too young for that)  :furious.  CV and BP stuff runs in the family…

Just curious if you found it to be hype or effective? 

I’ve started 100mg/Qdaily Ubiquinol based CoQ10 instead of the Ubiquinone.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: CoQ10 - results?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 09:01:40 AM »
Should have probably included this the goal is to preserve and or help the body create more nitric oxide available to the body’s cv system.  In turn leading to improved circulation and perfusion.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 07:37:56 PM »
Just curious - did you get vaccinated?

Sorry to hear about your BP, fatigue and not being able to sleep. I don't have any experience with CoQ10 - so no help there.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 10:38:57 PM »
Thank you.

I’d rather give something that’s natural to the body than increase BP meds that eventually become life-long.

Yes I’m vaccinated, against my better judgment, but being a RN…

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2022, 04:24:17 AM »
Thank you.

I’d rather give something that’s natural to the body than increase BP meds that eventually become life-long.

Yes I’m vaccinated, against my better judgment, but being a RN…

Vaccinations may be causing a lot of issues. They are now studying after the fact since so little testing was done to rush out the shots.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2022, 09:48:36 AM »
They tested it on mice ..no worries

Might just be age and more sitting around like the rest of us

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2022, 11:42:40 AM »
If you take a statin (cholestrol meds) you should be taking Co-Q10.

Conclusions CoQ10 supplementation ameliorated statin-associated muscle symptoms, implying that CoQ10 supplementation may be a complementary approach to manage statin-induced myopathy.           https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30371340/
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2022, 08:12:08 AM »
Thank you.

I have seen that about statins lower the bioavailability of CoQ10 in the body.

Thankfully, I don’t have to take them and hope I don’t for a long time. I personally don’t think they are very good medications, they do what they are intended to do, but come with a fair amount of generally unwanted properties…

I wish I had answered the vax question in private message as I don’t want this thread to become about anything other than supplements for better CV health, e.g. CoQ10…

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2022, 01:22:43 PM »
Vaccinations may be causing a lot of issues. They are now studying after the fact since so little testing was done to rush out the shots.

vaccine was tested on hundreds of thousands of people prior to release.

he already said family history so don't try to link it.

I'm fully vaccinated have high blood pressure, diabetes. just spent a day at the hospital due to diabetes. blood sugar was above  500.  guess what I told that to someone that told someone that it was due to vaccine. it wasn't.

it runs in my family too. have tried changing my diet, lost weight but just can't control it. just check it 418 on an empty stomach. funny thing is I feel fine.

Tuesday I will probably go on high blood, diabetes and cholesterol meds. that should be fun.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2022, 01:23:03 PM »
I often wondered the same thing Rot. I was advised to take them years ago when I was first put on Statins, I did for quite awhile but never noticed any difference so to save money( I take quite a few meds and it totals a lot each month) I stopped.

Offline Eviscerate

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2022, 01:25:39 PM »
Source?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2022, 08:26:10 PM »
vaccine was tested on hundreds of thousands of people prior to release.

he already said family history so don't try to link it.

I'm fully vaccinated have high blood pressure, diabetes. just spent a day at the hospital due to diabetes. blood sugar was above  500.  guess what I told that to someone that told someone that it was due to vaccine. it wasn't.

it runs in my family too. have tried changing my diet, lost weight but just can't control it. just check it 418 on an empty stomach. funny thing is I feel fine.

Tuesday I will probably go on high blood, diabetes and cholesterol meds. that should be fun.

semp

Get a bike trainer and ride on Zwift. It's not as good as riding out in the fresh air, but it is great exercise!

https://us.zwift.com

I ride 100-150 miles every day, whereas when I started I couldn't make ten.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2022, 08:39:29 PM »
Get a bike trainer and ride on Zwift. It's not as good as riding out in the fresh air, but it is great exercise!

https://us.zwift.com

I ride 100-150 miles every day, whereas when I started I couldn't make ten.

:aok :cheers:

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2022, 08:46:27 PM »
:aok :cheers:

Why are all of your threads getting closed?   :headscratch:

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2022, 08:47:38 PM »
Why are all of your threads getting closed?   :headscratch:

Coogan

All of my threads?