Author Topic: Tesla 500 mile range Semi will cost more than $200,000  (Read 12045 times)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Re: Tesla 500 mile range Semi will cost more than $200,000
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2023, 09:50:50 AM »
Not it's not. A subsidy is paid to you from government money that the government already has, regardless of your businesses revenue or profit or tax bill.

A tax break requires your business to generate revenue/profit/a tax bill, it is effectively a discount on the money you have to give the government - from money that you already have.

For example:
Tesla, in the USA they claim they operate at a loss. They pay no tax (not a tax break btw), and receive subsides for each car produced (the subsidy operates completely independently of the tax liability). If the US government were to give Tesla a tax break it would be worthless as their tax liability is already at zero.

Weta (film making company in NZ). They generate a revenue and profit, they are liable for say $100 million in tax, the government gives them a 'discount' on the tax (a tax break) and they pay $60 million. No subsidies.

Assuming the money used to pay tax is yours before the tax is calculated or due/calculated is something you might expect in a fully communist country.

Some people are incapable of understanding this.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2023, 11:42:30 AM »
Why do people care about what corporations pay in taxes? For the most part, we benefit from the products corporations make. in a lot of cases, corporations are a part of our national security. They get subsidized sometimes. Who cares?

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2023, 12:08:20 PM »
Some people are incapable of understanding this.

neither do you.  read what he's talking about and what the discussion was about at the time.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2023, 02:25:59 PM »
Corporations also pay a lot of taxes. They have a lot of folks on payroll who also pay taxes. All those people need groceries, housing vehicles.... which also bring in more taxes. Those businesses also pay tax and hire employees. It's much more far reaching.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2023, 02:27:20 PM »
Corporations also pay a lot of taxes. They have a lot of folks on payroll who also pay taxes. All those people need groceries, housing vehicles.... which also bring in more taxes. Those businesses also pay tax and hire employees. It's much more far reaching.

That's exactly right.

Where would we even be without major corporations?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2023, 11:28:07 PM »

so don't tax any corporations, we can pay the taxes. to be fair anybody making more than 100k won't pay taxes either.

who will pay then.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2023, 10:42:29 PM »
neither do you.  read what he's talking about and what the discussion was about at the time.

semp

I understand exactly what was being talked about prior and what he said in the post I quoted. There IS a difference between subsidies and tax breaks and most people don't understand that difference.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2023, 10:43:34 PM »
so don't tax any corporations, we can pay the taxes. to be fair anybody making more than 100k won't pay taxes either.

who will pay then.

I know people that are making over 100k and they are paying taxes.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2023, 11:47:46 PM »
I know people that are making over 100k and they are paying taxes.

like I said before you misunderstood.

semp

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2023, 04:52:15 PM »
Recycle

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2023, 10:45:59 PM »
like I said before you misunderstood.

semp

Gaslight much?

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2023, 11:01:38 PM »
One thing that I don't get is that some people have almost a personal vendetta and hatred of Tesla.
I don't like the fact that we are being pushed into electric vehicles, but I really think Tesla is a remarkable company.

I think what Elon musk has accomplished so far in his life is just astounding. I remember back in the day when he sold PayPal and I heard that he was going to spend his money on building a rocket to go to Mars. I thought he was going to lose all of his money on a stupid venture. The guy is amazing and what he's done is incredible, even if you don't like the guy I think you have to acknowledge that.

But I would love for Tesla to succeed. I would love for this truck to succeed. It seems like some people just want to fail. I don't get that. Like what is it to them if it makes it or fails. Rooting for someone to fail is kind of not a good trait in my opinion.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2023, 05:02:06 AM »
^ 100%

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2023, 10:25:47 AM »
But also...  You know exactly why there's so much vitriol for Musk, we just can't discuss it here. 

(maybe your post was rhetorical...)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2023, 10:32:47 AM »
But also...  You know exactly why there's so much vitriol for Musk, we just can't discuss it here. 

(maybe your post was rhetorical...)

This...he was their green hero until he started speaking the truth

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals