Author Topic: September 2022 KOTH Date.  (Read 981 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
September 2022 KOTH Date.
« on: August 30, 2022, 11:28:32 AM »
My modem died today and didn’t think it would be an issue as Spectrum will supply them but it seems I have a legacy Time Warner internet  plan that prevents that.
I may schedule for the 10th with a 50% chance I’m able to run it. I’ll have a few Saturdays as backup dates.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: September 2022 KOTH Date.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 04:39:33 PM »
A few hiccups but getting internet back.
Had a request to delay this until the 17th so going with that.
If my net is up I’ll post ohficial date tomorrow.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 08:05:57 AM »
A few hiccups but getting internet back.
Had a request to delay this until the 17th so going with that.
If my net is up I’ll post ohficial date tomorrow.

Yea, just  was reminded our family reunion September 17th....hahaha  can't win for losing  rofl.
Still going to be back from the VA mtns, so I can get ready and set up to hopefully get qualified for TOC....

Everyone, please refresh your memory with the koth event rules regarding talking on tuned 101 vox and  range vox, once  "Fights On" , is called and be considerate towards your fellow players in the event and still up in each round...

Wish y'all luck

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 12:51:24 PM »
Do you have what it takes to be Aces High's King of the Hill?

http://www.ahevents.net/index.php/events/koth

The next KOTH will be held Saturday 17 September 2022 in SEA II at 9 PM ET, 8 pm CT, 7 pm MT, 6 pm PT, 1 AM UTC.
If you didn't earn a reservation to last years TOC here's another chance to qualify,
We're amost at the end of  the season and chances are running out.
Plenty of great, sweaty-palm dog fights to have for one and all. Join the fun.
Test your situational awareness and see how you do.
Winner gets 500 Melee arena perks and a TOC invitation.
Everyone's invited to Aces High's version of a "cage match"
StepSis won last month and his plane selection was the Ju 87D-3 for September's first chariot of battle.
Remember, 8 people in the arena by 9:00 or not enough for a KOTH.

Concept:
    All players fly the same plane type
    Fight to the death
    Winner of the round chooses the next plane
    Repeat until someone wins three rounds,
     which do not need to be in a row.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 04:18:44 PM »
If all works out... I  will be coming to earn my KOTH TOC invite....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2022, 08:44:57 AM »
I’m a week late and getting worried.
Wait a minute, it’s just KOTH.
That being said, I might be a little cranky being this late.   :rofl

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2022, 07:10:03 AM »
Just under 37 hours?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2022, 07:25:29 AM »
Have to remember…. KOTH tonight.

Offline Audi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2022, 04:14:29 PM »
I tired this last night and I have to say, the few minutes I was in there was the worst experience I have had in Aces High... 0-10 would not recommend

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2022, 07:49:58 PM »
I tired this last night and I have to say, the few minutes I was in there was the worst experience I have had in Aces High... 0-10 would not recommend

Could you take a minute and explain WHY you feel that way? It might be helpful.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2022, 08:45:11 AM »
Think there was a couple of new guys who didn't know it was single life per round..

Checking the logs shows one upping multiple times

I think it's expected that they know they rules by 9pm...any questions asked and answered from 8:30 to 9 to avoid any undue delays...some don't even know to switch countries when they join the room

It was a great crowd starting with over a dozen

Congrats StepSis!

Thanks for hosting fuzeman!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2022, 07:38:43 AM »

Well, you got "the few minutes I was in there" damn near perfect.... seeing how you didn't stay past the first round 🤔 😕... 

How do you even think you could give a recommendation either way, to either give KOTH an honest try (by honest I mean participate in an entire event) or to not recommend KOTH solely based on your personal experience of less than 9 minutes total in the first round of the September monthly KOTH event held September 17th start time 9:00pm EDT

I find it absolutely fascinating that you have been a member on the Aces High Message Boards for over 17 years 9 months and 10 days and your 3rd post ever to these message boards, is a recommendation of "0-10 would not recommend" .....in regards to participating in a special event,  specifically "KOTH" which is one of the oldest continously running special events of Aces High and was designed by STICK of the 327th, back in the 90s in Air Warrior... HT (hitech/ Dale) allowed KOTH to continue here in Aces High, when Air Warrior was shutdown

I've had a hard time just trying to make it to the koth events this year...this past weekend's KOTH, I  only had 5 kills total and no round wins, but I had a lot of fun and enjoyed just about every dogfight and multiple battles i had with  others 

As always fuzeman, greatly appreciate all you do in keeping this event going for the rest of us, brother!

Congratulations StepSis!

~☆SALUTE☆~

TC
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 07:51:33 AM by TequilaChaser »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2022, 05:41:45 PM »
Well audi, I guess attending KOTH made every other aspect of Aces High more enjoyable for you.
Actually I didn’t notice anyone, who if they did didn’t bother to read and follow the special rules for an event in the Special Events Arena, make a second take off but will check the logs. I checked my film which didn't catch the takeoffs but logs do show FBirdog taking off three times in round 1.  Now KOTHers know it's a one life per round event with no re-arms but I do not have that in the Arena Message or the rules. The re-arm part is but not the one life. I'm pretty sure it used to come up when I read the rules for 15 minutes before the event. I will have to add that for my last three KOTHs.  I did notice that I forgot to actually disable the plane although I was religious on saying I had disabled it. I don’t use or trust .dplane 0 0 as it only seems to work 1/2 the time for me. And I don’t recall anyone saying anything about that when I didn’t notice it. And even though I didn’t notice that happen it reinforces the fact I have to sit in the tower and watch everything opposed to having the opportunity to fly in the event I like. Used to be people there would help keep it in line but that’s changed.

And let's take a look at what you might see when you entered the second Special Events Arena.
From my MOTD:
"***** Saturday King Of The Hill *****
9 pm ET,  8 pm CT, 7 pm MT, 6 pm PT.
Your host: fuzeman
Last year's TOC Champion - Eagler
Last month's Champion - StepSis

>>  Very brief description- PLEASE READ  <<
VOX 101 (.radio 5 101) I'll try to type and use CM ch for
event instructions, If in tower use room channel and type ?s.
YOU CAN NOT JOIN A FIGHT MID-ROUND, if new
wait until next and familiarize yourself with rules below.
Rounds take 12 to 15 minutes depending on numbers.
Crater walls and hard cap of 6k alt, cloud layer.
I'll enable the plane chosen by last round winner, and you
climb to 5k alt, getting separation; icon distance and hold for
instructions which will be -Disabling flight, -Anyone not ready,
-Call NoJoys if needed (red below on NJs), -Fight is ON
At this point you head to nearest contact on radar map and
engage, rinse and repeat until 1 left and he picks plane and
augers. Next round starts.
ONLY the KOTH winner gets privilege of landing.
> Break hard cap after fight ON=Disqualified for that round.
I 'may' have to ground you quickly to keep the round 'good'
and if so I will explain when the round is over. Being over
6 k once fight is on and lingering after your fight is over
are the two biggest reasons that might happen.
I hope you understand AND STAY as I have to keep the
round going in good order for those flying as it should be
my main concern although I DO WANT new players to
stick around and enjoy a few hours of great dog-fighting.

We will start with  field Knight A3 and see where
attendance takes us.
Welcome to the Aces High, King of the Hill event.
Congrats to StepSis for last month's win!! <S>!
StepSis chose the Ju 87D-3 for tonight's first ride.
Gas'em up, load'em out,and get ready to find out
who is the baddest person in this small jungle!!!!

Could use some help hosting this event.
Apply for a CM position and help keep KOTH going.

> TUNE RADIO 5 to CH 101, [ .radio 5 101 ] <
********************************************** "

It’s no fun for a CM when he feels the need to ground and mute everybody to mention those pesky special rules that usually are in effect for events in the Special Events Arena. And when veteran members of Aces High’s population, who I assume can read and comprehend what they read, have an arena message pop up explaining the special rules in effect for the event they choose to participate in that’s in the Special Events Arena and see that MOTD.
And then you watch two people takeoff, the one I found and warned was gp5 but missed the second at start of round1, and NOT have their VOX tuned to 101 it’s not hard to assume they didn’t bother to read the rules or don’t care to follow them. The rules are there for a reason and if you’re not going to follow them, why go into a special event and be a problem for the host or players who want to fly in the event??