Author Topic: Release the Zack  (Read 6087 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: Release the Zack
« Reply #150 on: September 06, 2022, 09:00:26 PM »
Look at the thread linked in Semp’s signature and ask are all those PNG’s necessary?

Many of them were great players and taught newbs (like me at one point) how to fly. Debrody spent a fair amount of time with me in the MA and PM’s and lots of PM’s with Latrobe and his videos were very valuable to keeping me from quitting, I know I’m not the only one they helped….

That’s $ subscribers keeping the game going.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #151 on: September 06, 2022, 09:04:00 PM »
Those outlaws should have learned a little self-control and respect for the rules of Dale's sandbox.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #152 on: September 06, 2022, 09:07:51 PM »
This started happening around 2008 and that's when I formed flame warriors. They sure cleaned up the place real good.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #153 on: September 06, 2022, 09:10:33 PM »
And now, I might add, all you really have left are people that don't even play the game. And then they complain about people who do pay and play the game come here to try to enjoy themselves and contribute to this community.

Some of them don't even Post in this forum but they came back into this forum just to say they didn't like people posting in this forum.

And the funniest thing to me is the whining about how great Zach was.. a real treasure to the community. All anybody has to do is go look at any of his posts to see how worthless they all are.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #154 on: September 06, 2022, 09:13:43 PM »
Gina the only problem you have, is you think the owner has to wait for you to break any rules.

you just following your original plan to stir the pot. just in a different way. so now you claim to be the victim. and your crew thinks it's funny.

then again if you don't care if you get banned or not,  why not just leave.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2022, 09:17:50 PM »
There was and is no plan to stir the pot. Some of that stuff in that thread that Produce went and posted over here was referring to a single thread over here.

The only thing that changed my demeanor was when I was told that I was bad for the forum and that Zack was treasured. So from then on I decided to report rule breaking.

And it turns out that people don't like the rules to be reported when it affects people that they like. The people they don't like, well that's fine..

In my forums I am all about fairness. Completely fair. I would never have an uneven handed moderation like the moderation is handled over here. Never.

I couldn't care less with anybody posts. But I got dinged and I see other people getting away Scott free in doing things way more often and I see unfairness.

So you guys can either follow the rules or not but when you break the rules and if I see it they're getting reported.

Other than that I'm here to have a good time. I'm not here to stir the pot.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 09:20:34 PM by -gg- »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: September 06, 2022, 09:40:22 PM »
Look at the thread linked in Semp’s signature and ask are all those PNG’s necessary?

Many of them were great players and taught newbs (like me at one point) how to fly. Debrody spent a fair amount of time with me in the MA and PM’s and lots of PM’s with Latrobe and his videos were very valuable to keeping me from quitting, I know I’m not the only one they helped….

That’s $ subscribers keeping the game going.

lots of them thought they could do what they wanted.  they were asked to stop, they didn't. a couple got pngd, rest did they're best to get pngd too.

great player that I agree with you. I thought I had removed that link years ago.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: September 06, 2022, 09:52:13 PM »
And I quote...

It's all very simple.

It's not very simple.  For years people have managed to get along in this place without constantly reporting each other.  You and gg are acting like Mean Girls, while pretending to be virtuous participants in ridding the forum of vermin.  No one hired you to clean up Dodge.

Most of us, at least, are supposed to be adults.  We don't need self-deputized forum police.  And we certainly don't need people to "stir things up."  It had made the forum irritating and tiresome.

- oldman

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #158 on: September 06, 2022, 10:01:56 PM »
Is this becoming something out of highschool ??

Karen go back to your boards. Take your lackeys with you. Hard to fathom you are an adult..
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: September 06, 2022, 10:31:43 PM »

It's not very simple.  For years people have managed to get along in this place without constantly reporting each other.  You and gg are acting like Mean Girls, while pretending to be virtuous participants in ridding the forum of vermin.  No one hired you to clean up Dodge.

Most of us, at least, are supposed to be adults.  We don't need self-deputized forum police.  And we certainly don't need people to "stir things up."  It had made the forum irritating and tiresome.

- oldman
People have been reporting each other in here for at least the last 14 years. Mayhap it has to do with the targets
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline RAG

• Zinc Member
« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2022, 02:21:59 AM »
You got rumbled...

I’m sure there’s an awful lot more but you get the idea and I already need an Ace Ventura shower. Lying, coordinated reporting, admissions of deliberate trolling, looking for moderators, political agenda, the true disposition of those with whom butter wouldn’t melt in the mouth...

(Image removed from quote.)

You bunch of disturbed little freaks. Yeah sure. You just merely stick to the rules. You should have left Zack alone. Enjoy your forthcoming PNGs. Maybe read a book instead. Fatties.

Well I think my work is done here.  :banana:

Tut, tut tut gg, that's not very ladylike.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: September 07, 2022, 02:36:29 AM »
This is not about breaking specific rules and never has been. As I quoted already in this thread: Rules are for the guidance of wise-men* and the obedience of fools. Or as Semp said more directly: 'Don't be a dick'. Natrually rule infringements are tolerated throughout all societal interaction. We are only human and often wrong or angry or passionate and have different experiences and coping mechanisms. I'm frequently a dick myself. It is the intention which is the pertinent part and here the intent has been infered and then evidenced. There is no wriggling out of evidence. - there, even the thinking-impaired members of the Five Stooges can focus on that. Imagine you were in court for example...

Maybe Dale has foresaken the whole of AH and this forum. Nevertheless, this is not a job opportunity to shape this place according to the tastes of a minority by what amounts to an exploitation by co-ordinated mass reporting with an over-arching goal. All of which was trivially substantiated herein and potentially even further should people choose to go to your forum. There you can completely shape the interaction and even maybe not end up alone if you get the balance right. I myself shall choose not.

This one is not my forum, nor Arlos nor any 'boring old fart who wants to talk about aeroplanes' or however you view them. The point is it is undoubtedly NOT YOUR FORUM. Stay, by all means. Break rules and occassionally, be a dick, have a laugh as the sun sets on this whole game and forum. That's fine. Stop having threads locked that you don't like because they don't match your agenda, especially obvious political agenda. That is decidedly unfine I suggest.

*I last heard that in 1942, you can replace 'men' with whatever comfortable, less toxic term you see fit in your own time.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #162 on: September 07, 2022, 06:58:53 AM »
If you see a post which may violate the above rules, please make use of the "Report to moderator" link provided in the post in question.  You may also provide your reasoning on how it violates the above rules.

Stop violating rules in order to get threads you don't like locked.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #163 on: September 07, 2022, 07:22:03 AM »
Hey Columbo, that thread the comments that were quoted from my forum where from almost a month ago and I was referring to one thread here that I was in. The "turning it up a notch" was in reference to one thread that was going at that time.

I had no idea that the moderation here was sporadic - and did not occur for weeks at a time. It doesn't even matter. All I was doing was posting on my forum about what was going on here. I got dinged for some rule violations back then and not since.

You don't get to decide how people have fun and bend the rules. Funny how you put that - as if you are giving your blessings. Oh, thank you kind sir.

The basic fact is that reporting rule violations is not the same thing as enforcing the rules. Dale is the one deciding what gets enforced, not you and not me. You are the only one crying about how they are enforced.

I've never been a fan on inconsistent and unfair moderation on forums. That's not my fault.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: September 07, 2022, 07:33:36 AM »
People's skin has become much thinner and their feelings much more sensitive...

I think its the lack of testosterone these days...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals