Author Topic: Setting up the new Reverb G2  (Read 5248 times)

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: Setting up the new Reverb G2
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2022, 02:28:54 PM »
Puma, FYI logging on for FSO the other night I had the same thing happen to me that was happening to you. I had WMR up and running, started AH but it only started on the monitor, not the headset. And it was starting up regular steam! Turned out there was a steam update. I updated everything, closed back out of steam, started AH again and it started in the headset with steam for WMR in the background like it should. So look out for that if it happens again. Think that was the first time that's happened to me since I've had the G2.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Thanks Drano!  I’ll check that also.

All gave some, Some gave all

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2022, 02:35:40 PM »
This thread is why I havent gone VR. If it was really plug and play, I would have been there all ready

The real issue with the G2 is the disappointing lack of “how to” when the box is cracked opened.  As you can see, there’s a lot of “been there, done that” expertise from players who are more than willing to help bridge the gap.

As Oboe said, the eye watering reality is simply amazing and can’t be beat outside a real world experience.  So, jump in.  The water’s  fine.  If you can’t swim, there’s plenty of excellent help to keep your head above water.  Once you dive into VR, you’ll regret not doing it sooner.

Online Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2022, 04:19:42 PM »
This thread is why I havent gone VR. If it was really plug and play, I would have been there all ready

When I got the Oculus 2 I’ll admit it was a much simpler set up than this. It is also a rather robust piece of hardware.
Ingame: StepSis

Needs help with homework!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2022, 06:50:31 AM »

The setup and expense is worth the experience imo

A decent vr pilot will kill a good 2d pilot just due to the advantages vr presents..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2022, 08:57:32 AM »
Are you using TIR  center? If so unmap and remap maybe

As it turns out, when I loaded the VR stick settings, the “Track Center” function didn’t populate alone with all the other sticks settings. So, it was a simple matter of remapping it in the control settings.

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2022, 10:08:48 PM »
Here’s another issue with the brand spankin’ new G2.  When in game, reception is slightly garbled.  Transmission is garbled.  I’ve tried adjusting the windows audio “recording” setting by dialing it down to 40%.  It makes no real difference from when it was at 100%.  Any ideas what I’m missing?  Yet another G2 mystery for the ages.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2022, 07:18:31 AM »
I know a couple gamers that use another set of headphones with the VR unit
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2022, 07:35:13 AM »
Puma it sounds like the mike is too close to your mouth and its over modulating..probably not that..just a guess

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2022, 09:14:38 AM »
Puma it sounds like the mike is too close to your mouth and its over modulating..probably not that..just a guess

Eagler

How an that be adjusted with the Reverb G2 headset?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2022, 10:41:12 AM »
Is there a way to control your mike input in windows?

Is there a pre amp activated on the micinput?

Not sure as I don't talk and don't use it

Best of luck Puma!

Eagler

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2022, 12:27:53 PM »
Is there a way to control your mike input in windows?

Is there a pre amp activated on the micinput?

Not sure as I don't talk and don't use it

Best of luck Puma!

Eagler

I adjusted the “record” volume in W10 but, it didn’t appear to make much difference, as you probably heard last night in MNM.  Hope this is another “I don’t know what I don’t know” issue with the G2.  On the other hand, what an improvement in visual acuity and frame rate. Very pleased with that.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2022, 01:05:59 PM »
I'd read somewhere of people having this issue with the G2 mic. I never had it. Sound is fine. Use it for VOX, SRS and Voice Attack, no problems. I manage my sound inputs and outputs with Voicemeeter as well. I don't think the voice problem was anything to do with the G2 directly but was something to to with recordiing devices or something. I did get a driver update recently. Had me worried as it was a Realtek driver update. My mobo also has onboard sound that's Realtek. I was afraid it would create a conflict that didn't exist! No worries. I updated the Realtek USB driver (the G2) and got the sound driver update for my Mobo a few days later and it worked out fine.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2022, 11:48:32 PM »
My G2 mic sounds like crap, but I prefer using a headset with boom mic anyway…

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2022, 08:25:37 AM »
After seeing 6 pages of " can you help get this working " i am so glad now I bought the Quest 2. Easy as hell to set up and easy as hell to use. And if I want to play games on the headset, I can do so without being tethered to a PC.

"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2022, 09:52:44 AM »
After seeing 6 pages of " can you help get this working " i am so glad now I bought the Quest 2. Easy as hell to set up and easy as hell to use. And if I want to play games on the headset, I can do so without being tethered to a PC.

Part of the reason for six pages is posts that have nothing to do with the question at hand.  A little productive help goes a long way.   Many thanks to those who have contributed to solving the mysteries of the G2   :salute
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 11:00:07 AM by Puma44 »