Author Topic: Mobile Home Park Living | Comparing Pad Rent to Land Ownership  (Read 2022 times)

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
Re: Mobile Home Park Living | Comparing Pad Rent to Land Ownership
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2022, 06:45:25 AM »
Let alone the fact that you're literally throwing money away every month.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2022, 07:27:03 AM »
I love mobile homes. They keep tornados away from us house people
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2022, 10:09:31 AM »
Let alone the fact that you're literally throwing money away every month.
You mean paying the rent instead of a bank loan? Bear in mind that the value of property is not always rising. All over the World there's places that have lost their attraction - one reason often being that there's no jobs in the vicinity. Back in the eighties I visited London and during a bus trip the guide told that the fifteen floor high houses in the horizon were going to be demolished because of lack of inhabitants. Someone owned that land and had had high hopes of getting some good income.

Here some municipalities sell lots for one single Euro. There's a catch, though: You'll have to build a house (or renovate an old one if applicable) and become a local tax payer. Not necessarily a bad choice, though. It may be within an hour's drive to your job in the neighboring bigger town, reside by a lake with a beach of your own etc. But it may also mean plowing your mile long stretch from the main road when it has snowed all night...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2022, 12:25:14 PM »
How much of your investment in lot rent do you realize upon selling regardless of the market?

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2022, 12:33:38 PM »
As if a bank loan is a bad thing. You pay a fee for a bank loan. So what? What do you get for paying rent?

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2022, 02:45:51 PM »
Depending on the mortgage terms, rent payment is nearly the same, except you earn no equity, have no tax deduction

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2022, 10:13:16 PM »
As if a bank loan is a bad thing. You pay a fee for a bank loan. So what? What do you get for paying rent?

I get to live in an apartment for another month.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2022, 10:56:11 PM »
Depending on the mortgage terms, rent payment is nearly the same, except you earn no equity, have no tax deduction

don't know where you live. but I can guarantee around here only way rent is equal to a mortgage is if you buy a barbie house and live in a Barbi world.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2022, 11:27:37 PM »
My mortgage is MUCH less than rent for a similar home.

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2022, 11:29:39 PM »
When I was a kid I grew up in a trailer park and I kept telling myself when I could make mine to afford a nice house I would never go back to a trailer park! While single i rents house with friends because  I worked more and lived at firehouses more then was actually home so renting was my best choice. Then I met my wife she had a modular home in a park already and after a while I moved in did an upgrade to the insurance policy after we married and When our modular hom Burnt to the ground with 6 kids from 1 to 10 years old we made out because I triple covered the house and everything else like the shad. Yaaaa I got my dream of owning a house with a pool private yard and all it was great for 10 years until I had 2 major heart attacks and the second one made me disabled fought to try and keep it but ended up doing a short sale so I did not get a forclosure on my record. When this happened we did not have a dime to our name since I exhausted all my emergency funds and pension to save that house. I have a great father in law who bought our new 4 bedroom Modular for the sam park that my wife and I first started out in . We have no mortgage payment just loot rent which is 525 which includes water sewer and trash. House is on a concrete pad nice size lot even though we have to still pay school tax land we don’t own but with my disability payments now this was the best move we could’ve  done and all and I Don it regret it
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2022, 04:14:21 AM »
My mortgage is MUCH less than rent for a similar home.
Back in the late eighties I had a bank loan for my apartment. After three years the interest went from 13.5% to 16.75% for the next three year period. I changed the payback time from 15 to 30 years to keep the monthly pay the same as before. That was about 3200 money which was about half of my monthly income. Gas was 3 money a litre and at that time I had to fill the tank weekly which meant some 1000 money a month. The average rent for that type of an apartment would have been about 1200 money units a month...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2022, 06:27:10 AM »
Interest rates will kill home prices soon...now is not the time but it's coming

Paying off our mortgage asap years ago was the best move we ever did...we get offers for 5x what we paid for it now but to replace would cost 10x

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2022, 06:28:46 AM »
don't know where you live. but I can guarantee around here only way rent is equal to a mortgage is if you buy a barbie house and live in a Barbi world.

semp

I expect California doesn't compare to anything else in that regard. It's the price for living there, I guess

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2022, 07:10:05 AM »

A good credit rating.

Offline Gogolinius

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2022, 01:52:09 PM »
I guess..  I just feel bad for kids today trying to make it happen.

You'd be surprised at the earning options kids have these days.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pearl-necklaces-made-semen-tiktoks-164100044.html