Author Topic: Well there she is boys  (Read 828 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Well there she is boys
« on: September 08, 2022, 07:56:12 PM »
After 9 months of back and forth, thinking, saving, and so on I pulled the trigger today.  This will be my new 'beast' for AH, virtual office, and maybe some racing games.  Plans are over 2023 to bring it up to 64 ram and a 20 TB hard drive.  ABS assures me she can handle that.  Next rig I'm going to build myself thanks to the confidence you gents have given me. 

All that said here she is https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali636/p/N82E16883360301?Item=N82E16883360301 the following week I'm getting my HOTAS setup. 

I seriously can't wait to get everything set up and go die gloriously LOL. 

I WILL be leaning on you VR vets to get me rolling when all the stuff comes in just FYI.  :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: Well there she is boys
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 05:57:12 PM »
So.... it gets here Tuesday..  flight gear should be here the following Tuesday.  What do I need to do to get her in battery for AH?
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 11:11:15 AM »
That’s a nice looking rig.  What are you going to use for VR?

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 04:16:52 PM »
Oculus Quest 2.  Sadly it's not due till Wednesday now.. UGH :bhead

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 11:26:43 PM »
It’ll be worth it. :aok

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 05:41:54 AM »
can't wait.  Thursday (pay day) putting in the order for the HOTAS gear. 

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2022, 05:28:13 AM »
checked this morning 'in transit' from not far down the road.  I'll be jumping to the window every time I hear a truck go by today. 

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2022, 06:42:36 AM »
Nice to see your enthusiasm!

I can remember when I first stumbled upon Fighter Aces in the 90's and thought I had died and gone to heaven..

Had a similar experience Christmas 2018 when I slipped on VR for the 1st time and felt like a kid again

Enjoy the moment!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2022, 04:21:56 PM »
She just arrived but I've had one hell of a toejamty assed day.  I'm going to have a drink or two and relax for a bit before I unbox her :)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2022, 04:23:48 PM »
She just arrived but I've had one hell of a toejamty assed day.  I'm going to have a drink or two and relax for a bit before I unbox her :) Tomorrow I order the HOTAS setup.  ya ya it's CH but it will do till I can get upgraded. 

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2022, 08:31:48 PM »
SHE'S HERE AND SHE'S A BEAST!!   :x

going to spend the weekend setting her up.

Q.  Do you guys use Airlink when you're flying or go wired?  Doesn't matter to me I can do either.

Going to have a lot of questions about how to find, install, and play AH on an Oculus soon gents.  Please be patient. It's been over a decade since I really jacked around deep in computer stuff.   

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2022, 08:38:41 PM »
Ive only used airlink for AH and MSFS, no issues and it's nice not having a cord hanging off. Still need the battery pack so the thing lasts more than a couple hours.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2022, 08:41:10 PM »
SHE'S HERE AND SHE'S A BEAST!!   :x

going to spend the weekend setting her up.

Q.  Do you guys use Airlink when you're flying or go wired?  Doesn't matter to me I can do either.

Going to have a lot of questions about how to find, install, and play AH on an Oculus soon gents.  Please be patient. It's been over a decade since I really jacked around deep in computer stuff.   

I use the link cable as it will charge the headset as you play so you can play longer.

As for setup, it was very easy when I did it, dont let the tech throw you.

Be sure to check out "Voice Attack". The free version allows I think 10 voice commands that cover keyboard inputs. The paid version is unlimited and only costs $10 I think. Very easy to setup and is a life saver for not being able to "type" while wearing your headset.

Good luck, have fun, and dont worry about asking questions!

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2022, 06:29:38 AM »
Thanks fugi I'll look into that.

Tomorrows project is to rewire all three of my boxes and zip tie them up.  When I moved the two towers last time I was extremely careful but the cable gnomes have obviously been at play behind there (they sit on a rolling rack so if I ever need to get back there it's supposed to just be a matter of sliding it out for access but thanks to the cable gnomes that was kind of difficult last night).  Then Sunday is the day to hook up the oculus and get all set up on her.  HOTAS is ordered as of this am.  :D