Author Topic: "I've fallen, and I can't get up", say axis pilots???  (Read 437 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
"I've fallen, and I can't get up", say axis pilots???
« on: September 13, 2022, 09:53:58 PM »
There are 9 heroes who are flying axis in the October Scenario.

For glorious air combat.

But they need folks to join them.

Are there more than 9 people in all of Aces High who will fly 109's and 190's?

Who out there is going to join these heroes?

Ditto, SNO, Eagler, Canukk, Luft, perdweeb, Devil5O5, StepSis, hombre59

Excellent and glorious fun is to be had -- but only if you will play in it.

Registration is here:
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/current-or-next-scenario

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: "I've fallen, and I can't get up", say axis pilots???
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 09:56:42 PM »
I've filled up P-40 fighter-bombers and B-26's for you axis pilots to shoot down.

P-40's with bombs, under you, so you can go diving down onto them.

I'm flying a P-40 fighter-bomber.

I'm daring those 109's and 190's to come shoot me down.  :aok

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 07:28:44 AM »
How many of the 9 are European players?
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2022, 03:26:34 PM »
How many of the 9 are European players?

Currently, there are 9 axis and 23 allied.

I'm not sure how many of any of them are European.

Starting 3 pm Eastern is friendlier to European pilots, less friendly to Australian pilots.

For the US, I think it is approx. a wash.  This is based on last scenario, we ran at 8 or 9 pm Eastern.  Some US players said they were happy because they could make 8-9 but not 3.  Some weren't happy because they could make 3 but not 8-9.  Numbers of each group seemed similar.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2022, 07:17:05 AM »

Starting 3 pm Eastern is friendlier to European pilots, less friendly to Australian pilots.

For the US, I think it is approx. a wash.  This is based on last scenario, we ran at 8 or 9 pm Eastern.  Some US players said they were happy because they could make 8-9 but not 3.  Some weren't happy because they could make 3 but not 8-9.  Numbers of each group seemed similar.

Thank you.  :salute
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2022, 09:31:13 AM »
Temptation to participate is high, just to offer Allied easy kills, but timetable seems to resist.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2022, 09:39:35 AM »

I just wonder if the chance of walk-ins, because they notice the SEA populated, is greater at 8pm EST.  I just selfishly prefer the 8pm EST start for all events.  I currently don't have a subscription because I'm not much of a MA guy and due to the start times of events(FSO too late & scenarios in the middle of a weekend day) I can't participate.   :frown:

I'll see what scenario pops up in the winter, only time I would be sitting at a computer in the afternoon, and hopefully be able to give it a crack.  I definitely miss them.   Good luck with this one, it definitely looks like a good one. 
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2022, 09:49:28 AM »
I just wonder if the chance of walk-ins, because they notice the SEA populated, is greater at 8pm EST.  I just selfishly prefer the 8pm EST start for all events.  I currently don't have a subscription because I'm not much of a MA guy and due to the start times of events(FSO too late & scenarios in the middle of a weekend day) I can't participate.   :frown:

I'll see what scenario pops up in the winter, only time I would be sitting at a computer in the afternoon, and hopefully be able to give it a crack.  I definitely miss them.   Good luck with this one, it definitely looks like a good one. 
In March/April we ran a 1945 Western Front event at 9PM EST. The numbers were definitely better but not 'knock your socks off' better. Numbers could've been better because of time or planeset (popular late war monsters).

There are problems with the evening time too even excluding Euro players, for example 8pm EST is 5pm PST which is smack in the middle of dinner. We settled on 9PM EST with I believe a technical 9:30 launch in hopes to get some people after their dinner hour on the West Coast. Whether or not that actually worked, who knows...

:salute
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com