Author Topic: setting up later today  (Read 1841 times)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: setting up later today
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2022, 02:39:12 PM »
Seems like you'd need the readers since the screens are literally an inch or so from your eyeballs. Truth is you don't use the readers for VR. It's either fit your glasses in the facepad (and risk scratching either the glasses, the headset lenses or both!) or get the prescription lenses. That's if you need them which you don't.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2022, 02:44:06 PM »
I use my computer glasses in my vive pro headset

Readers are too close and distance is too far for me

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2022, 03:00:43 PM »
ya I'm going to give that a bit just to see how things go. 

That said all of my HOTAS should be here by Thursday  :joystick:  Already got my Sat and Sun cleared to get fully set up and get in the air again :)  :banana:
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2022, 03:07:08 PM »
welp pedals came in, throttle came in, and the stick is due today later.  Almost done guys.  Hopefully earlier than later today so I can spend some time with all of that. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2022, 03:41:58 PM »
okay it's all here.  Thought you guys would get a kick out of this.  I had a friend of mine build me this table top.  it sits down in the cupholders on the chair and I put some velcro on the back side of the arm rest.  The table top is the cloth side of velcro and I put the hook side on the controllers.  Keeps the controllers in place just fine (just tested it).  Getting there guys. 

https://imgur.com/a/lNek6R4

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2022, 06:50:10 PM »
got my controllers mostly set up tonight just to get me off the ground.  Still dealing with some technical issues but I'm getting there :)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2022, 08:48:48 PM »
got my controllers mostly set up tonight just to get me off the ground.  Still dealing with some technical issues but I'm getting there :)

Exciting!  Keep it up, dude.

- oldman

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2022, 06:45:54 PM »
ya I can already tell I'm going to have to pony up for some prescription lenses but that's fine.

I just ordered Reloptix lens inserts after watching this video review:

There is also a 5% coupon code below the video, so my total was only about $76.   That's about $30 cheaper than VROptician, which I have for my old Reverb G1.   Was satisfied with them, but I wanted to give Reloptix (a Colorado company) my business this time.

They are also able to build a little bit of the ADD power of your prescription into the lens.  Mine is +2.5 each eye, so I thought I'd try that option.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2022, 10:14:36 AM »
thanks dude... I'll look into it.  Going to shut down work at noon to give myself the whole weekend + to get dialed in with what I have. 

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2022, 11:35:46 AM »
How is new setup going?

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2022, 07:14:28 AM »
everything is put together then life happened.  Had to take dad to the ER and be on top of him for a few days, work has been overwhelming, etc. 

I'm still trying to figure out how to make the game work.  I've got it DL'd on my headset and the PC just not exactly sure what the next step is and no research has been particularly helpful .  Just got a couple of meetings and paperwork to do today so I'm hoping to carve out the afternoon to get finished. 

If yall have any tips at this stage it would be greatly appreciated.  Someone said I have to set up my controllers in the VR game.  That's cool and all just being prudent and trying to make sure I don't mess something up in the process. 

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2022, 01:27:40 PM »
Get it up and going yet?

Eagler

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2022, 06:50:18 PM »
been swamped

For those of you that don't know I moved in with my 83 year old dad and my 77 year old mom 5 years ago so they didn't have to worry about assisted living. 

So anyway the other day I had some time and said 'okay I'm setting this squeak up'.  Get started and it asks me for a 4 digit passcode.  Umm what?  So anyway I go looking for Meta support.  How fun they don't have a number you can call.  So I send an email.  3 days later they reply.  I couldn't understand their bs and asked to get a number for a live operator.  Nope can't have that.  So the suggestion was to factory reset and start over.  That's on tomorrows agenda after I cook lunch for mom and dad.  Quesadillas by the way. 

I AM trying without squeaking on the board LOL

Has anybody looked at the new meta?  I AM intruiged. 

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2022, 06:20:54 AM »
Okay gang life got very complicated for me for a bit.  Started a new job that's probably going to be temporary while I look for something better, dad took a bad fall and was in the hospital for a few days, mom just got off of chemo and I've been taking care of everything for her (cooking, cleaning, etc) while she recuperates and taking her to the hospital to see dad daily. 

ANYWAY

Just haven't had the time to mess with my Quest.  Every time I start to the intercom goes off and it's 'okay I'll be right down' UGH.

Can someone write up an ELI5 for how to set this puppy up?  Normally I wouldn't ask but I really want to get going I just don't have the time to do all the research and do a step by step for myself.

Thanks in advance. 

dicho