Author Topic: Coal ash  (Read 3306 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: Coal ash
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2022, 07:40:53 PM »
China builds another unfiltered coal plant every week and twice on Thursday, laughing at us  all the while
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2022, 07:51:27 PM »
China builds another unfiltered coal plant every week and twice on Thursday, laughing at us  all the while

laugh back at them we you put on clothes made in China.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2022, 08:10:41 PM »
Whew....thank goodness! I was growing weak without my daily dose of we're all gonna die immediately unless we.........

Truly, nuclear power is the answer right now though. The French have been using it extensively, getting ~ 70% of their power from nuke plants. Macron said in February that they are planning on building at least six more plants and maybe eight after that.

They haven't had any Fukishimas either.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2022, 08:50:49 PM »
Whew....thank goodness! I was growing weak without my daily dose of we're all gonna die immediately unless we.........

Truly, nuclear power is the answer right now though. The French have been using it extensively, getting ~ 70% of their power from nuke plants. Macron said in February that they are planning on building at least six more plants and maybe eight after that.

problem with nuclear power is nobody wants it nearby. and what to do about nuclear waste. we used to have governors against government not to not bring or transport thru their state.

it costs a lot more to have nuclear, coal or gas than wind or solar.  unfortunately we are not there yet, so we need all of it.  for now.

semp

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2022, 09:55:25 PM »
In fairness, China also leads the world in terms of installed wind and solar power, and investments in energy storage batteries, electric vehicles, and ultra-high transmission lines—all key elements for a clean energy transition. China has also pledged to peak related air emissions by 2030, and the Xi government has said it will drastically cut coal use in 2026 to meet that goal.

from your link

:rofl  You trust china.

:rofl
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2022, 10:05:13 PM »

France had been shutting them down and now they plan on restarting all of them.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2022, 10:18:15 PM »
France had been shutting them down and now they plan on restarting all of them.

France shut them down for maintenance and repair, they always had plans to restart them once it was completed. 27 will be restarted this year and 5 next year.  that's half of what they have.

you make it seem like they had been abandoned for years

semp

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2022, 10:22:19 PM »
Germany is shutting down all of their reactors because they are phasing out nuclear energy. Probably not the best idea considering what is happening now.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/correction-germany-nuclear-shutdown-story-82051054

BERLIN -- Germany on Friday shut down half of the six nuclear plants it still has in operation, a year before the country draws the final curtain on its decades-long use of atomic power.

The decision to phase out nuclear power and shift from fossil fuels to renewable energy was first taken by the center-left government of Gerhard Schroeder in 2002. His successor, Angela Merkel, reversed her decision to extend the lifetime of Germany’s nuclear plants in the wake of the 2011 Fukushima disaster in Japan and set 2022 as the final deadline for shutting them down.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2022, 10:53:43 PM »
Germany is shutting down all of their reactors because they are phasing out nuclear energy. Probably not the best idea considering what is happening now.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/correction-germany-nuclear-shutdown-story-82051054

BERLIN -- Germany on Friday shut down half of the six nuclear plants it still has in operation, a year before the country draws the final curtain on its decades-long use of atomic power.

The decision to phase out nuclear power and shift from fossil fuels to renewable energy was first taken by the center-left government of Gerhard Schroeder in 2002. His successor, Angela Merkel, reversed her decision to extend the lifetime of Germany’s nuclear plants in the wake of the 2011 Fukushima disaster in Japan and set 2022 as the final deadline for shutting them down.

that's from January 2022. currently they only have 1 plant that is going by bye in December.  the plan as you posted stared in 2011. their citizens don't want nuclear plants. their bodies their choice.  it's not like they woke up last December and said we are bored, let's shut down all nuclear plants.

most of European countries are small, they had to deal with chernobil. after what happened in Japan, they had enough, that's basically it.

in North Carolina we used to live a few miles from a nuclear plant.  one morning we heard the emergency sirens they were loud.  I went outside saw the neighbors all coming out,  some jumped in cars and left.  wife started crying, kids started crying. turned the radio and they said they were unsure what going on. 5 minutes later they said it was a test. but somebody forget to release the info as was required. the people wanted to murder that person.

semp

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2022, 11:00:22 PM »
Countries that have ample power/energy for their citizenry will dominate.  Those that don't have enough power will comparatively wither.

In my opinion, the best power source is nuclear.  The trick is just not to be completely stupid on how it's done.

Great documentary on nuclear:

https://youtu.be/P9M__yYbsZ4?t=369

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2022, 01:35:26 AM »
that's from January 2022. currently they only have 1 plant that is going by bye in December.  the plan as you posted stared in 2011. their citizens don't want nuclear plants. their bodies their choice.  it's not like they woke up last December and said we are bored, let's shut down all nuclear plants.

most of European countries are small, they had to deal with chernobil. after what happened in Japan, they had enough, that's basically it.

in North Carolina we used to live a few miles from a nuclear plant.  one morning we heard the emergency sirens they were loud.  I went outside saw the neighbors all coming out,  some jumped in cars and left.  wife started crying, kids started crying. turned the radio and they said they were unsure what going on. 5 minutes later they said it was a test. but somebody forget to release the info as was required. the people wanted to murder that person.

semp

Yes I know all of that. It's in the article that I posted. That they started phasing it out in 2002. What is your point?

My point is that they got rid of all their nuclear power and now they are reliant on renewable energy that's not ready. And Russia cut off their gas. Kind of in a tough situation right?

And France was dealing with shutting their nuclear power stations down because they were decrepit and needed maintenance and were having problems. They don't last forever you know.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2022, 01:48:50 AM »
Someone posts some info on the consequences of coal ash on humans and the subject immediately jumps to 'well China and India have more coal ash' why can't we?!'.  :old:

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2022, 06:09:58 AM »
Someone posts some info on the consequences of coal ash on humans and the subject immediately jumps to 'well China and India have more coal ash' why can't we?!'.  :old:

Exactly!

It's a global issue or it's not

They are doing what we should be doing...relying on what works while the new technologies are advanced to the point they can safely and economically take over...

You don't kill your resources while relying on your enemies for the same exact resource and making your country much more vulnerable and weaker

It's called putting the cart before the horse...actually a donkey in this case...

China can also have city wide if not country wide lockdowns and curfews and would not suffer consequences from its people when they have daily power blackouts..homie don't play that game in more "advanced" societies .. just another exuse to go shopping er looting and burning for some.

Odd how some look to the largest evils in the world for examples how to run their circus..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2022, 06:24:14 AM »

I would say only the headlines were read and the videos weren't watched.

Maybe Eagler can say how ground water in India and China effects American ground water.