Author Topic: settings  (Read 734 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
settings
« on: September 22, 2022, 04:16:46 PM »
Hi guys. I had a mish mash AH key map settings in AH2 for my Saitek X52 buttons. I saved the settings from AH2 but am not sure which file the AH key maps would be in. If anyone could point me to the file it would save me a lot of time. Thanks.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: settings
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 05:21:21 PM »
mine is joystickhotaswarthog.jsm for my warthog and it is in the settings folder.

Welcome back Rich  <S>

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 04:00:20 AM »
Thanks Fugi. Would this be the games keymaps itself and not the stick makers? For instance Saitek makes their own control software to control the games key maps. Thanks.

Offline Worid

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2022, 10:14:35 AM »
Rich,
Also in the setting folder. it's spread across several files. i think most of them are tagged as .kmp types. take a look. But be sure you backup everything in the settings folder just in case. Especially if your thinking of tinkering around in there.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2022, 11:22:01 AM »
Thanks Fugi. Would this be the games keymaps itself and not the stick makers? For instance Saitek makes their own control software to control the games key maps. Thanks.

These would be the mappings for your controllers in the game. I have never used a controller software to setup a stick as Hitechs system works so well.

Offline Worid

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2022, 12:19:02 PM »
Ok Rich I went dumpster diving the .jsm files are your stick mapping files as they relate to the keybroad commands as shown in the .kmp files. If you haven't changed any keybroad mapping you'll find the command on the left and the corresponding key strokes to execute that command on the right.

Like I said before don't monkey with them copy out and use as reference to map your stick/throttle in the Profiler software.

Hope that helps. If you wanna look at it; Fugi has some really helpful info on his web page.

Salute!

Worid

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 09:32:33 AM »
Once you have your controllers all set and to your liking make a copy of the folder,I also keep maps,skins and gun sights as I have a few custom gun sights and save it to a Zip drive. I also keep copies in the drafts of a email account,easy to find and stored on a server which makes it easy to replace if something should happen.

Logged in not long ago to find my controls unmapped,took less than a minute to reset them.

<S>

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2022, 12:37:36 PM »
Have windows 10 and I have not found a way to see the settings folder or the sounds folder in the computer.

I have films and different terrain folders but can't find the other folders that everyone talks about.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2022, 01:10:56 PM »
Have windows 10 and I have not found a way to see the settings folder or the sounds folder in the computer.

I have films and different terrain folders but can't find the other folders that everyone talks about.
The Settings and other folders are in the Hitech Creations\Aces High III folder which by default is in the C:\ root unless you've changed the location.

If in doubt, right click the Aces High III icon on your Desktop and left click "Open file location". That will take you to the Aces High III folder.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2022, 02:40:24 PM »
Thx Biz !!
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2022, 03:11:11 PM »
Thanks guys. Am I right that there is no more rudder control for bombers in F3 view anymore?

Thats not helpful.