Author Topic: Squad forming! Exciting new opportunity!  (Read 4072 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Squad forming! Exciting new opportunity!
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2022, 10:47:00 AM »
I have never seen it.... so would not know.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2022, 11:51:47 AM »
NAH!  Think it was AKAK, at least his Avatar was a Mexican in Officer's Uniform.   2CMEX was Anti-Hoard in 2013 when I started. I think? 9 YEARS AGO? Holy Crap...now dont that explain some recent issues? OLD AS F, I am :rofl

Yes, it was AKAK. LOL. He even has a linked in page with his squad bio. Haha. He was also the squad gardener.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2022, 11:58:26 AM »
I had a great time flying last night! It's been a couple of months. I have to tell you honestly, I suck and I've always sucked. Lol!

The elite top aces plus one Mexican was just a couple of us. Maybe four or something like that? Drediock, AKAK, slamfire, myself, maybe sluggish? I forget. But it was a fun little squad. I mostly flew with AKAK and dred because those were usually the only people in our squad that were on regularly.

AKAK is really good. He's a fun guy to talk with on vox too. He's like an aces high historian. In fact he's studying to get a master's in history. He's really good at recalling names and events throughout aces high history. He has some great stories and he just remembers all these details and players and their names and everything.

I hope he comes back and maybe we can reform the squad!

I'll be jumping into the arena here in about 20 minutes. You guys I'm totally kidding when I'm saying that I've got a great kill ratio. Lol I have always totally sucked.

But even after all this time I still have a good time when I log in.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2022, 12:04:03 PM »
Also, you need three references from reputable squads, and verified 15 years hard experience just to secure an initial interview and background check.   :salute

This isn't a squad for ham and eggers and red necks who need to step it up a notch.

😅

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2022, 01:00:27 PM »
you must have a K/D ratio of over 9/1.

:rofl

I'll probably warm up with just a 15 to 1 kill ratio for now.

I'm still actually very awesome and will have a 16:1 kill ratio

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Great, you're gonna attract the Judge and the other Dora/Pony BnZing scum. Lovely. Hard pass. I'd rather fly solo than deal with that.

I for one, don't respect a simulator pilot for an extremely high K/D. I respect them for the planes they fly. Maineac scores very high on my respect list as he's the most active Mosquito dogfighter with over 120 kills this tour in it.
Don't get me wrong, I fly super planes too sometimes, usually the Spit 16, but almost always to defend a vulched/WF base. Yesterday I upped a single Spit16 into 3 bogeys to defend our white flagged town. The entire fight was fought under 200 mph, and I had to kick out my Spitfire flaps to nail these Ponys and Corsairs.
I love fighting from the bottom up in a Spit 16, but I love the Mosquito way more. It's the first plane I've hit a 2:1 K/D ratio with.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2022, 04:06:38 PM »
I like the fact that anonymous forces choose winners and losers. It's exciting!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2022, 04:06:48 PM »
NAH!  Think it was AKAK, at least his Avatar was a Mexican in Officer's Uniform.   2CMEX was Anti-Hoard in 2013 when I started. I think? 9 YEARS AGO? Holy Crap...now dont that explain some recent issues? OLD AS F, I am :rofl

Yep, I think are correct -- AKAK.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2022, 04:13:49 PM »
It was AKAK.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2022, 08:00:53 PM »

Great, you're gonna attract the Judge and the other Dora/Pony BnZing scum. Lovely. Hard pass. I'd rather fly solo than deal with that.

Have to disagree with you on the Judge there Tig. After getting beat daily by him I switched to bish to see how he actually flys besides the films of me getting beat. He gets down and dirty quite a bit. Spends time in a 109 also. Thing is he KNOWS a D9 backwords and forwards and is an amazing shot. His squadie Silent is just as good.

Any time I'm on,  I look for them. The figbt will be there.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 08:02:43 PM by nopoop »
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2022, 08:01:44 PM »
Well I am a dumb arse. I forgot that I already have a squad. The Wrong Stuff.   😅

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2022, 09:08:02 PM »
There is a great book "The Wrong Stuff: The Adventures and Misadventures of an 8th Air Force Aviator" by Truman Smith.

Really excellent.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2022, 09:13:35 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I for one, don't respect a simulator pilot for an extremely high K/D. I respect them for the planes they fly. Maineac scores very high on my respect list as he's the most active Mosquito dogfighter with over 120 kills this tour in it.
Don't get me wrong, I fly super planes too sometimes, usually the Spit 16, but almost always to defend a vulched/WF base. Yesterday I upped a single Spit16 into 3 bogeys to defend our white flagged town. The entire fight was fought under 200 mph, and I had to kick out my Spitfire flaps to nail these Ponys and Corsairs.
I love fighting from the bottom up in a Spit 16, but I love the Mosquito way more. It's the first plane I've hit a 2:1 K/D ratio with.
It is worth noting that the OP and various other thread participants have been banned from the forum and/or don't actually subscribe to the game and haven't in a long time. It is just a troll thread.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 09:15:14 PM by Spikes »
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2022, 09:34:04 PM »
She was up for 29 sorties today Spike.

nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2022, 09:36:38 PM »
It is worth noting that the OP and various other thread participants have been banned from the forum and/or don't actually subscribe to the game and haven't in a long time. It is just a troll thread.
incorrect
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2022, 10:09:49 PM »
why is it always the AH "staff" guys?

You'd think that representing AH that they would be held to a higher standard. Maybe encourage people that play the game? All I ever see out of these guys is stuff like this.

I do have a squad and I do play the game. I started in 2001 and have played off and on for MANY years.