Author Topic: An Ideal to attract new players  (Read 3922 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: An Ideal to attract new players
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2022, 06:41:58 AM »
If what you suggest was the case ,I  think that I would see a lot of people fly free for 2 weeks and then not subscribe. That is not the case.

HiTech

Hi HiTech

I think what Fugitive stated is the root cause...they figure out in 2 days that they will not be good enough in this harder than average simulation in two weeks to bother with even trying..so they bail

But if they knew they could fly the free planeset while they got better at it, I do think more would stick around with more of those becoming paying subscribers

This would make your existing paying subscribers happy as it would give us more ppl in MA

What is your opinion?

Would that be anything you could or would like to try?

Thanks for the feedback!

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2022, 10:11:46 AM »
WB has 2 free fighters (Bf109E-3 & Spit IIa) and 3 bombers (Ju52, Do17Z-2 & Wellington 1C) to use even if not paid subscription. Well, lately it's been really quiet there and very little new players but that's for some other reasons, I believe.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2022, 07:14:35 PM »
Has anyone thought about increasing the monthly subscription to $99.99?  Make it appear that the 'elite' play this game and you have to pay to get in and not miss out.  It's just not a game, but a high society club. 

We give the impression that we all play on our 100 foot yachts in the Med.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2022, 02:59:56 AM »
We give the impression that we all play on our 100 foot yachts in the Med.

Mine is at Black Sea, does that count?
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2022, 03:59:40 PM »
Hi HiTech

I think what Fugitive stated is the root cause...they figure out in 2 days that they will not be good enough in this harder than average simulation in two weeks to bother with even trying..so they bail

I do not think anyone who has tried AH ever had such a thought. It's not a mater of "Will I be good enough in 2 free weeks" the free time is simply to get them to try it.  It is a question of  "am I having fun."

HiTech

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2022, 08:07:56 AM »
Thanks HT!

Do you think a free planeset would provide that fun for some?

Do you think that some of those that enjoy the free planes would pay $15 for the largest planeset and their skins available in any flight sim today?

I think more than one of us here do

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2022, 11:52:41 AM »

Do you think a free planeset would provide that fun for some?

No

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2022, 01:46:11 PM »
Thanks for the feedback!

Eagler

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2022, 09:19:44 AM »
I do not think anyone who has tried AH ever had such a thought. It's not a mater of "Will I be good enough in 2 free weeks" the free time is simply to get them to try it.  It is a question of  "am I having fun."

HiTech

Do you think the complete lack of development while still requiring a subscription is a big issue?  I know of no other game that does this.  Maybe a one time purchase price would be a better model to use with the current state of the game instead of a 2-week trial then requiring a subscription.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2022, 04:00:02 PM »
Do you think the complete lack of development while still requiring a subscription is a big issue?  I know of no other game that does this.  Maybe a one time purchase price would be a better model to use with the current state of the game instead of a 2-week trial then requiring a subscription.

I'd be amazed if he could keep the servers online without the subscription income. Even with how few players there are, the amount of revenue from all their monthly subscriptions are incredible.
Could he do a one time price thing? Probably, but to keep the bills paid it would have to cost so much.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2022, 06:18:55 PM »
Mine is at Black Sea, does that count?

Special underwater operation?
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2022, 06:21:39 PM »

I can’t imagine that would be viable. I thinks it’s pretty simple, if the game is still worth 15 bucks a month for you, keep your sub. I’d love some kind of free to play planeset but It could be an avenue for mass cheating.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing machine!

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2022, 06:48:08 PM »
I can’t imagine that would be viable. I thinks it’s pretty simple, if the game is still worth 15 bucks a month for you, keep your sub. I’d love some kind of free to play planeset but It could be an avenue for mass cheating.

I didn't mention any free to play.  No 2-week free trial.  You pay, let's say $79.99, and the game is yours for as long as the servers are up.  Even if you get 25% of the people that try the 2 week trial and don't sign up to "buy" the game it would be like they are subscribing for 5 months.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2022, 06:48:56 PM »
I'd be amazed if he could keep the servers online without the subscription income. Even with how few players there are, the amount of revenue from all their monthly subscriptions are incredible.
Could he do a one time price thing? Probably, but to keep the bills paid it would have to cost so much.

Why how much does the server he runs in his own home cost.  You seem to have the data so please share.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2022, 07:48:23 PM »

Agreed.

- oldman