Author Topic: An Ideal to attract new players  (Read 3925 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: An Ideal to attract new players
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2022, 09:23:11 AM »
One step above minecraft is what this game is.

You diddlehead.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2022, 09:28:49 AM »
  And to get voice comms you have to DL and fiddle with 3rd party SimpleRadioSystem, and SRS buffer doesn't show up in your VR view, so you cant see what channel you are on, or the handles of who's transmitting.

left control plus left shift plus the escape key brings up the SrS box on the left side of the screen.
shows all radio channels. You control what channels your on by turning dials and flipping switches in the cockpit too tune SrS.

When your using the intercom system it sounds real as hell.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2022, 10:23:37 AM »
left control plus left shift plus the escape key brings up the SrS box on the left side of the screen.
shows all radio channels. You control what channels your on by turning dials and flipping switches in the cockpit too tune SrS.

When your using the intercom system it sounds real as hell.

I love the sound of SRS - sounds very realistic.  But I don't think it is compatible within VR yet.   At least it wasn't last time I flew IL-2.  And since its a 3rd party app, not everybody online will be using it.  Probably more use Discord.   

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2022, 10:39:10 AM »
I use SrS in VR

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2022, 11:47:52 AM »
I use SrS in VR

In IL-2?   I will have to check that out!   Its been a while since I've flown in IL-2.  Thanks for the info!

EDIT:  Just back from IL-2 where I tried your suggestion of LSHFT + LCTL + ESC to bring up the SRS Radio overlay within VR.  Nothing happened, except that it brought up Windows Task Manager on my desktop screen.   Turns out, that is a universal shortcut for Task Manager and has been since Windows 95.

I'm using SRS version 1.0.1.4; I checked and it is the latest version.  I also browsed through the IL-2 SRS forum for news about SRS within VR but didn't see any announcement. 

Just to be clear, are you saying you have a access to a key combination that can bring up the SRS Radio Overlay within VR?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 12:40:59 PM by oboe »

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2022, 01:01:50 PM »
When I'm using SRS I have a hat switch dedicated to comms so I can switch channels easily. In SRS settings there's a box to check that will announce what channel and which radio (there are two) you're tuned to as you scroll through them. I've also overlayed the window into VR and stuck it down out of the way so I can see what I'm tuned to. That works too. SRS does not have an overlay like discord does that shows who is speaking tho which would be nice. I don't fly IL2 enough to recognize many voices.

Prior to SRS you had to use a 3rd party app which sucked as you couldn't generally communicate with a guy right next to you like you can here. Even so, with SRS you have to be tuned to a specific area channel to do it. Not tuned you're out of luck.

I do like how some servers like combat box have gone all in with it. There is air traffic control, can assign you or your flight call signs. Can assign a mission to you. Pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2022, 01:10:12 PM »
Drano how did you overlay window into VR?   I'm using a Reverb G2...

Thanks for your help guys!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 01:32:10 PM by oboe »

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2022, 04:13:20 PM »
I use SrS in DCS VR not in Il2

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2022, 05:19:04 PM »
In WMR it's kind of a PITA compared to oculus. You have to put a shortcut to the program you want into the start folder so it'll even show up. Then from the cliff house, using the controller, it's windows button, click on apps to the right of the main menu that comes up, then classic apps, if you did the shortcut right the program should show up in that list. Scroll thru to find it I. Click on it, it should start in a window. You might have to toggle focus with windows key+y to get it to start right. Don't forget to toggle back. You can re-size that window and click on one of the icons at the top that's "follow me". It's now pinned in VR and will follow you until you shut it down.

I use an app called Chatty to put my twitch chat in VR. Have to do the win+y thing to get it to go but it works. Handy app. I get a little ding when somebody is watching or chats with me. Can't type in VR but have a button set up to talk to the stream so do it that way.

Oculus was so much easier. Just start the program and select it from a list of active programs to pin. Done.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2022, 01:56:06 PM »
In WMR it's kind of a PITA compared to oculus. You have to put a shortcut to the program you want into the start folder so it'll even show up. Then from the cliff house, using the controller, it's windows button, click on apps to the right of the main menu that comes up, then classic apps, if you did the shortcut right the program should show up in that list. Scroll thru to find it I. Click on it, it should start in a window. You might have to toggle focus with windows key+y to get it to start right. Don't forget to toggle back. You can re-size that window and click on one of the icons at the top that's "follow me". It's now pinned in VR and will follow you until you shut it down.

I use an app called Chatty to put my twitch chat in VR. Have to do the win+y thing to get it to go but it works. Handy app. I get a little ding when somebody is watching or chats with me. Can't type in VR but have a button set up to talk to the stream so do it that way.

Oculus was so much easier. Just start the program and select it from a list of active programs to pin. Done.

Whats your twitch ID so i can follow you

CO--The Bad Guys