Author Topic: What connection speed are you getting. Hardwired of wifi  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: What connection speed are you getting. Hardwired of wifi
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2022, 09:33:03 AM »
Exactly.   Latency doesn't bother me as being a part of the game - I merely call it out when I see those outliers.  HTC has done a great job with the smoothing coding; and there have always been those outlier connections.

If I can be bothered to make the needed adjustments, the latency issue becomes less of a factor, but I'm not going to fly around thinking every plane is a latencyboi; this would lead to more frustrations and deaths, so in general I just avoid those areas where know laggers are operating, or make the occasional conscious effort to deal with them and send them to tower or running for ack/help. 

I can't tell you how many times I had seen people accuse judge (and others) of using hacks, so part of why I keep going on about latency is to educate those who aren't as familiar with the effects. There's a parallel track (heh) with the GVer and trees.  The trees are rotating 2d planes not high fidelity 3d objects, so math finds a way.

Accusations of (various forms of) cheating are more harmful to the game than any smack talk on ch200, imho. And as I've mentioned the visuals and understanding of connections/latency (and even variance, aka warps) have been something I have a clue about.

Probably need to add another quote to my sig file: "Explanations aren't excuses."  :noid

So if someone has a crummy connection should they not play?

Should they wait to hear your pings before they fire back?

Not sure what you think a fix would be

If they aren't manipulating their connection on purpose to cause it I think we have to live with it

Eagler
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2022, 09:13:43 PM »
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

:devil

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2022, 01:41:18 AM »
:devil

I'm wondering if you bothered to look at his current location 🤔... 🤣 😂 🤣

I  think he just might be there in yours...hahaha

Just kidding
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2022, 06:51:04 PM »
I'm wondering if you bothered to look at his current location 🤔... 🤣 😂 🤣

I just assumed his atrocious spelling was due to him being somewhere in Amerika.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2022, 11:23:11 PM »
No - you just stopped reading, apparently.   :noid

"I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are."   :neener:

(but actually, it's deliberate.)

I just assumed his atrocious spelling was due to him being somewhere in Amerika.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2022, 01:29:10 AM »
Sure it is.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 01:17:16 PM by Shane »

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2022, 04:44:01 PM »
WOW....hahaha  I was laughing all through reading those old posts in your links above, 🤣 😂..

I still can show you your way back to the tower,  you in your La7 vs me in an F4U-1...hahaha

🤣 😂 🤣  just kidding.... I am getting to worn-out and my memory of what I once knew is slowing down for my SA both inside the cockpit and outside..hahaha but still love the fight and still love helping and teaching others that take the time and effort to improve their ability in the game

Cheers 🍻

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2022, 05:21:01 PM »
Always an interesting journey into past topics... more somber now, with so many names faded into those pages of the past.  Which is why I'm happy HTC has kept the BBS (and stats/scores) so accessible.

WOW....hahaha  I was laughing all through reading those old posts in your links above, 🤣 😂..

I still can show you your way back to the tower,  you in your La7 vs me in an F4U-1...hahaha

🤣 😂 🤣  just kidding.... I am getting to worn-out and my memory of what I once knew is slowing down for my SA both inside the cockpit and outside..hahaha but still love the fight and still love helping and teaching others that take the time and effort to improve their ability in the game

Cheers 🍻

TC

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2022, 07:23:20 PM »
There's well over 2 decades of AWESOME in this bbs
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2022, 07:36:23 PM »
Luckily the fun threads were locked instead of deleted
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2022, 11:07:19 PM »
Luckily the fun threads were locked instead of deleted

Some of these 'Members' need to be deleted.  That would fix some things around here.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2022, 11:57:15 PM »
Some of these 'Members' need to be deleted.  That would fix some things around here.

Coogan

You should put yourself on that list for trying to flamebait all the time!