Author Topic: NOAA predicts above-normal 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season  (Read 3977 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Re: NOAA predicts above-normal 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2022, 01:58:44 PM »
Seriously.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2022, 02:35:07 PM »
Does any of those tell us how MUCH it has warmed?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2022, 02:42:41 PM »

Or that warming is actually a bad thing?

The climate alarmists love telling us how bad things and that  it's the number one issue facing us all, but not one bad thing is happening .
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2022, 02:42:55 PM »

Yes. But you have to read the articles to find the info.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2022, 02:45:25 PM »
Or that warming is actually a bad thing?

It's easier to drink thawed ice (water) than ice but you'd be hard pressed to find someone who enjoys drinking steam. An exercise in what you're practicing.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2022, 03:03:36 PM »
in fact, the worst things that are happening are a result of these climate alarmists limiting people's options for energy and even food as a result of their insane actions.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2022, 03:43:12 PM »
From 7.5 years ago

First of all, I will not deny that the Earth could possibly be warming, nor will I deny that the Earth could possibly be cooling. In my experience some proponents of ACW approach it with religious fanaticism yet have little or no understanding of chemistry or physics relating to such ideals. Furthermore in my opinion Climatology is a borderline bogus science. I posted a condensed opinion a few days briefly explaneing the complexities of quantitatively proving the ACW theory, and yes it is just a theory. With this being said I will attempt to explain certain actual scientific aspects to ACW without delving into the political or financial intricacies pertaining to ACW.

Atmospheric Content.
1. N2, ~78% molar mass of ~28
2. O2, ~20.94% molar mass of ~32
3. Ar, ~.93% molar mass of ~36
4. H20 vapor, ~.4% molar mass of 18 "varies upon geographic location and altitude"
5. C02, .04, molar mass of 42. (Note that the molar mass of CO2 is significantly higher then that of other gasses excluding Argon. Furthermore, the atmosphere is not a solution, it is more of a colloid then anything.)
6. CH4, .00018% molar mass of 16.4

Now, N2, O2, and Ar are not green house gasses, where as H20, CO2 and CH4 are. Atmospheric green house gasses are an aggregate of roughly .44% of atmospheric content but they vary greatly in insulation properties and man is only responsible for variations of CO2 and CH4. There is however some correlation between an increase of C02 and a corresponding increase of atmospheric H20, but it really is like the chicken or the egg deal.
CP levels of Atmospheric Greenhouse gasses
1. H2O, 1.850
2. CO2, .709
3. CH4, 2.01

The higher the CP, the greater the insulator.

Now, if one took an example of the atmosphere at roughly 1000 feet, extracted the greenhouse gasses, and then compared the content both by percentage and its total effect on aggregate CP of the respective greenhouse gasses it would be as follows.
(Note, I fudged the percentage of H20 slightly downward in order to do a base 10 calculation)
1. H2O, 90.87%
2. CO2, 9.087%
3. CH4, .04089%
A quick glance shows that water vapor is by far the most prevalent atmospheric greenhouse gas. Now we will look at percent of CP.

1. H20, 96.265%
2. CO2, 3.831%
3. CH4, .0470%
Again, Water vapor.
Per the IPCC, humans have contributed roughly 18.18% of total carbon emissions. Although I find this organization to be dubious due to past scandals, I will use their information anyways.  By taking in account that humans contributed 18.18% of global CO2 emissions, and then recalculating the CP for that respective CO2 I conclude that human caused CO2 emissions are roughly .69% of total greenhouse gas CP. The only reason I even listed Methane CH4 is because someone earlier mentioned it. As you see it is insignificant.

As for climatology, as stated earlier, quantitative data pertaining to climate and weather in terms of temperatures have only existed for the past 110 or so years. Our current climate epoch is roughly 11700 years old which is directly related to the retreat of the glaciers following the Younger Dryas. Following the Younger Dryas the Earth has entered a period of fairly chaotic climatological patterns. Although there is no empirical evidence to support this,for the last 1500  years observation made mainly though clergy who for the most part were the only literate people for a long period of time supports this. For about the last 1500 years, there has been maximums and minimums, for instance there was a minimum that coincided with the fall of Rome. Afterwards there was a maximum around the time of the Viking expansion up toward the renaissance, then a long minimum ranging from 1550 to 1815 called the little ice age. Finally we are currently in the modern maximum. In between these long patterns there is some speculation that there are shorter 40 periods, one 20 year cooling trend and one 20 year warming trend. As for the cause of these climate patterns I have yet to be convinced on any one cause, although I am pretty certain its not HARP or Chemtrails. One thing I am certain of, is that there has been significant climate swings both on the cold and warm end of the spectrum long before the industrial age and the subsequent human population explosion.

My skepticism.
Certain organizations and scientists, have taken data collected pertaining to climate for only .94% of the current climate epoch, then conclude that human CO2 emissions will cause the Earth to warm to near catastrophic proportions, in which the man made portion of said emissions accounts for .69% of the insulating properties of .4418% percent of the atmosphere. It goes on, they will detract, degrade, slander, silence and in some cases threaten arrest for those whom disagree. If ACW theory is so absolutely sound and its proponents so ideological pure then it ought to stand well enough on its own. I have not even touched on the poor methodology in which they conduct their climate models, or the amount of wealth and power certain people and organizations have procured over this fiasco. Now I consider myself an educated man, other then threatening my standard of living and those of my fellow citizens I have no dog in the hunt. History have proven many things, humans fare better when its warmer, worse when its colder, and maybe in 5, 500, or 5000 years the ice will again relentlessly march south.

Chuikov

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2022, 04:29:45 PM »
Soooo...can ANYone tell me how much it's warmed since the 1880's? That would seem to be the most critical item

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2022, 04:32:04 PM »
Me thinks regardless of the war on oil, each time you clear a field of grass and trees to pour a new road or build another strip mall you aren't helping the planet...

We are slowly consuming the works and putting everything on batteries isn't going to change that but it will make a new group of stooges much more powerful and richer

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2022, 06:21:59 PM »
Nobody denies that the climate has warmed. What intelligent and thinking people understand is that there's not anything bad happening as a result AND that there's not anything anyone can do to control the climate.

I guess the goal for the climate alarmists  is to have the climate stay the same for the first time in the history of everything.  :rolleyes:

So we are supposed to try to stop the warming? Maybe have the UN vote on what to set the thermostat  at?   :rolleyes:

It's so amazing how ignorant most people are.

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2022, 08:09:05 PM »
Sure it is or is it just the greatest boogeyman yet?

An undefined ever changing target with ever changing rules and regs to fight it with no real score card to see if you are winning or losing...and more power for those who make the rules...while they break the rules themselves that they enforce on their subjects..

Ain't buying it..

Eagler

Pure poetry.
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2022, 09:34:05 PM »
It's all myth (lies):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8iEEO2UIbA&ab_channel=JohnLockeFoundation

Still 130,000 glaciers. Gore was wrong. They haven't disappeared. Not one in his entire life.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2022, 10:52:27 PM »
SSssoooo....HOW much has it warmed? Anyone?  Anyone?  Anyone?

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2022, 11:02:19 PM »
During the ice ages the ice came and went many times. It warmed and cooled. The last ice age only ended 10,000 years ago.

If you care to use your brain, you can look up the theories on what caused the ice ages and the interglacial periods (warming) during the ice ages. There was no manmade influences at all and that ice came and went - and even disappeared entirely. No polar caps.

Guess what they think caused it all? The earths orbit and rotation cycles and the sun. Go figure. That big ball of fire that gives us everything. Hard to believe that the tiny little sun might cause warming and cooling.