Author Topic: Is this acceptable?  (Read 1931 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
Re: Is this acceptable?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2022, 12:35:13 PM »
Choosing to dial up 200 and then getting bent outta shape by the verbal mud slinging?  A physical threat?  What did he do, pound vigorously on the keyboard will berating you? 
i guess you didn't read my text#6 this was on country not the sewer 200. No, he didn't pound on keyboard he said he would like to do me harm and wouldn't mind going to jail over it. The point of my post is this acceptable
AkCaine

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2022, 12:42:43 PM »
Never was. Is it worth taking serious is the next question (to me). (And on country? What a bizarre player.)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2022, 12:45:10 PM »
Choosing to dial up 200 and then getting bent outta shape by the verbal mud slinging?
There's people like myself that like to dial up 200 since there's no other "All" channel available. People that would like to get acquaintanted in a civililized manner with players on the other sides. But yes, I know, the reason for disabling the "All" channel was mud slinging and such. And if HT added a civilized alternative for 200 the sewer rats would move over and occupy that too.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2022, 09:05:00 PM »
Context is everything...but its always nice to be nice. Wish there was a middle finger emoji.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2022, 11:21:55 AM »
There's people like myself that like to dial up 200 since there's no other "All" channel available. People that would like to get acquaintanted in a civililized manner with players on the other sides. But yes, I know, the reason for disabling the "All" channel was mud slinging and such. And if HT added a civilized alternative for 200 the sewer rats would move over and occupy that too.

I've had 200 open just once. Amount of sewerage contents draining from there was unbelievable.

Context is everything...but its always nice to be nice. Wish there was a middle finger emoji.

Many seem to follow the principal "why to be nice and polite, if it can be avoided".

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2022, 05:06:02 PM »
Let us look at this situation:

1... Side switching is a game feature.  I can see where issues may arise if players from the previous country are taking a base or using a task force and the player that switches is suddenly is opposing them or killing the task force because it's location is now known.  Although, this is a combat game and players need to relax and become thick skinned.  There is always a few that will spew their toxic blah blah blah.  If you find someone's comments directed at you troubling, simply squelch that player's text chat or voice chat and report their text or voice chat.  You no longer see or hear the player's comments and if enough of the other players report that offending chat, then the offending player becomes muted for a very long extended time. 

2... Task force usage.  The task forces are there for all to use in the country.  Be respectful to others before jumping in and hijacking a CV that is in use just because you can with your rank.

3... Players have all sorts of little rules that they think everyone else should follow.  Let them have their frustrations and don't let it spoil your enjoyment of the game.  Squelch, report and have a skin of leather.

4... Most importantly, don't be too big of a d***.  Chat, relax, laugh and be helpful to the community.

One-eye

"One-Eye"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2022, 05:09:46 PM »

🤣 😂 🤣 ... last night while playing in the MA,  Varciu  posted something on ch.200 and I replied with

"M finger" sit and spin Varciu....hahaha he laughed and then I laughed 😅 🤣 😂
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2022, 10:21:07 AM »
Let us look at this situation:

1... Side switching is a game feature.  I can see where issues may arise if players from the previous country are taking a base or using a task force and the player that switches is suddenly is opposing them or killing the task force because it's location is now known.  Although, this is a combat game and players need to relax and become thick skinned.  There is always a few that will spew their toxic blah blah blah.  If you find someone's comments directed at you troubling, simply squelch that player's text chat or voice chat and report their text or voice chat.  You no longer see or hear the player's comments and if enough of the other players report that offending chat, then the offending player becomes muted for a very long extended time. 

2... Task force usage.  The task forces are there for all to use in the country.  Be respectful to others before jumping in and hijacking a CV that is in use just because you can with your rank.

3... Players have all sorts of little rules that they think everyone else should follow.  Let them have their frustrations and don't let it spoil your enjoyment of the game.  Squelch, report and have a skin of leather.

4... Most importantly, don't be too big of a d***.  Chat, relax, laugh and be helpful to the community.

One-eye

Very well put, Sir.  :aok :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline DH367th

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2022, 04:04:12 PM »
Choosing to dial up 200 and then getting bent outta shape by the verbal mud slinging?  A physical threat?  What did he do, pound vigorously on the keyboard will berating you?

:x :x :x :x :grin: :grin: :grin: :rofl :rofl :rofl
You don't have to be crazy but it helps

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2022, 10:06:22 AM »

When I see fleets hidden and abused, I simply up from them and enjoy shooting down those who shows up.   

If the abuse continues, I switched sides to see if I can get the cv/ca double and land the mission successfully.