Author Topic: CH PRODUCTS CONTROL MGR  (Read 590 times)

Offline Calvin

• Zinc Member
CH PRODUCTS CONTROL MGR
« on: September 29, 2022, 08:53:46 AM »
Hello
Im having issues with the ch control manger and the assignments in aces high.
If I assign within the map controllers when i restart, the map assignments are gone

Anyone have issues with the CH control mgr
Thanks

Online SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: CH PRODUCTS CONTROL MGR
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 10:37:54 AM »
It's been a long while since I used CH products, but it was less problematic to map the controllers within AH, and not use Control Manager.

:salute

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 10:54:35 AM »
CH Control Mgr has reportedly been problematic to others. Suggest you follow SIK1's advice and program your hardware directly via AH. When you're finished, save a copy of your AH3 settings folder, which contains said assignments...jic you need future backups.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 09:15:20 AM »
Similar to the other guys, I used CH products in AH for years (still use the throttle), never used CH manager; easy to set up controls within AH.

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2022, 07:46:53 PM »
Hello
Im having issues with the ch control manger and the assignments in aces high.
If I assign within the map controllers when i restart, the map assignments are gone

Anyone have issues with the CH control mgr
Thanks

Ch USB products do not use EPROMS to store mapping like the old gameport gear did. They use ram so if you unplug them or restart your computer you have to reload the map every time.

There is a program in the Control Manager Software called CMSTART that does it for you but you have to set it up to start with your system.

https://www.snomhf.exofire.net/cmstart.html

I myself had a hard time getting the CH software to work in Windows 10.

Just a heads up I have been having a nightmare with installing my CH Pro gear into windows 10.

Basically about a year or so ago I installed the Razer synapse software for my Razer Nostromo and after a windows update and a reboot or two I started getting a BSOD on every boot.

The BSOD was a "DRIVER VERIFIER IOMANAGER VIOLATION" with "CHDRVR03.sys"

This was my CH Control Manager Drivers for My CH gear. I have the CH Products Fighterstick USB, Flight Sim Yoke USB, Pro Throttle USB and Pro Pedals USB.

Since I wasn't really playing any flight sims at the time I went into Safe mode and uninstalled ALL the CH drivers and software, which fixed the BSOD.

I recently decided to give AH another GO for a bit. Installing the hardware was no issue windows detected all my hardware and installed all the drivers no issue. However as soon as I installed the CH control manager software I got a BSOD and went into a BSOD Boot loop until boot options appeared and I could go into safe mode to remove the drivers.

To get control manager to install I used Driver Verifier Manager, selected "Deleted Existing Settings" to delete the existing Settings, Then I opened a command prompt with admin rights and ran "Verifier /reset"

I rebooted wash and repeated and manage to get the software to install after a try or to I think I still has to give the CH installer Admin rights and install it at least once in safe mode.

This was an all day affair but hopefully if any one else runs into this problem this will help them out and turn wasting an entire day into wasting an hour or two.

To add insult to injury when I finally got the controls working in AHIII I found that the default mappings were totally FUBARed .... My toe brakes stop position was mapped to my guns so when I hit my Toe Brake my main gun would fire, but that was easily fixed by re mapping it.

Sadly I'm not even sure CH is in Business any more. They stopped selling spare parts like a decade ago and they no longer support their software which is like 6 or 7 years old as it is.

Virpil is looking really good right now but I also want a Valve Index I can't justify both at this time. :(

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,400107.msg5303742.html

Fortunately I now have Virpil Gear. My CH gear goes with my kid and I think he is going to use joystick gremlin .... or I may get him a Winwing or Virpil setup.
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2022, 12:49:17 PM »
Hiya Mayhem! :salute

I'm still using CHCM on a Win10/64 PC. Only need it for my throttle which is hanging by a thread. I'm giving VKB til the end of the year to come out with their long ago announced throttle or Ima start looking at Virpil's. It was kind of a PITA to get running on Win10, just be sure you have the last version that was put out, want to say it was 4.55a which was made specifically to run on Win10. That and CMStart set to run on startup. It'll load whatever profile was applied at last shutdown. Working fine for me.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2022, 01:51:36 PM »
I am still running the old ch equipment on Win 11 pro with CHCM.
80th FS "Headhunters"