Author Topic: TBM3 Turrent  (Read 383 times)

Offline rosburn

• Zinc Member
      • OcuFlight Simulations
TBM3 Turrent
« on: December 24, 2022, 08:55:21 AM »
I read that the TBM3 was used during WWII to support Carrier Operations Deliver (COD) flights. So in AH I am going to do some of this...however, I have not been able to get the turret machine gun to fire. I can get into the turret but the gun is not responsive from my controller or the keyboard's secondary weapons command. Is that functional on the Avenger and if so any suggestions as to what I can do to bring it online? Thanks in advance.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: TBM3 Turrent
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 09:20:26 AM »
First, have you mapped your controller for mode 2? If not, bring up the clipboard, click options, map controllers, check the auto select mode box, then in the drop down "mode selection" box select mode 2 (vehicles & gunners) then press copy mode 1 on the left side of the clipboard. This should give you a good starting point on your controller mapping for different modes.

Secondly, the gunner positions won't fire when you are on the ground, you have to be in the air.

Hope that helps.

:salute
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 09:23:50 AM »
It's not a secondary weapon. Secondary weapons are bombs, rockets, canons or a second set of MGs. Just use the f key (or whatever you have mapped to fire primary weapon), It should work.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline rosburn

• Zinc Member
      • OcuFlight Simulations
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2022, 11:15:15 AM »
Fixed!!! Thanks, guys guns are working!