Author Topic: Who blew up the bridge?  (Read 2686 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: Who blew up the bridge?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2022, 05:43:26 PM »
Given the circumstances and response I can say with a high degree of confidence that the Ukes blew the bridge and with a moderate degree of confidence say they used a VBIED but perhaps they used planted explosives and the truck happened to be there. 

Unlike the pipeline where I can say with a high degree of confidence it was sabotaged but I don't know who blew it up with any degree of confidence.

If you watch one of the videos you can just see a small boat come into shot underneath the bridge, it appears to be just to the right of the explosion center so may not be the source of the explosion itself - but I'd wager it was involved. It kind of looks like a catamaran, or something twin hulled.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2022, 06:02:00 PM »
If you watch one of the videos you can just see a small boat come into shot underneath the bridge, it appears to be just to the right of the explosion center so may not be the source of the explosion itself - but I'd wager it was involved. It kind of looks like a catamaran, or something twin hulled.

are boats normally not seen in that part of the ocean? and why not just show a boat right over the place the explosion happened?  then see it race away so as not to be damaged.

and if the boat you mentioned was involved why did it stick around.  give moral support?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2022, 01:00:26 AM »

are boats normally not seen in that part of the ocean? and why not just show a boat right over the place the explosion happened?  then see it race away so as not to be damaged.

and if the boat you mentioned was involved why did it stick around.  give moral support?

semp

The point at where the boat is quite low and a narrow gap. There are other parts of the bridge more suited for boats to pass under. It may have been the operation didn't go 100% to plan and someone pushed the big red button before they were properly clear.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2022, 02:24:05 PM »
It looks like the roadway was blown upward causing it to disconnect and collapse on either side. The heat, pressure, and shrapnel from the explosion blew the train. I'm curious if the train was stopped there.

Online rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2022, 05:12:06 PM »
The point at where the boat is quite low and a narrow gap. There are other parts of the bridge more suited for boats to pass under. It may have been the operation didn't go 100% to plan and someone pushed the big red button before they were properly clear.

I watched that video too and to be honest, it looks like a wave as much as anything else.  The truck theory seems the most plausible with additional pictures that came out.  The blast patterns are consistent with a shape charge directed down and to one side.  The bridge sections rested on ball bearings so as long as one sectioned failed dynamically then the damage to the other sections is consistent with the truck theory. 

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2022, 05:17:36 PM »

my bad.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Online rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2022, 06:29:58 AM »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2022, 09:00:27 AM »
Looks like a great place to test new weapon systems...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2022, 09:17:29 AM »
Looks like a great place to test new weapon systems...

Eagler

WTF are you talking about?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2022, 09:36:32 AM »
Saying it's anyone's guess how the bridge exploded at this time...

Sorta like the pipeline without a televised legitimate threat against it...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2022, 09:49:35 AM »
Saying it's anyone's guess how the bridge exploded at this time...

Sorta like the pipeline without a televised legitimate threat against it...

Eagler

Not really..  So far there is no reason to disbelieve that it was a truck bomb.  Something else is possible but there is not factual information that discredits the truck bomb and everything we have seen so far is consistent.   

In the case of the pipeline, there is a list of suspects and no direct evidence of one party or another being guilty.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2022, 10:04:06 AM »
[/url]
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Online rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2022, 10:25:29 AM »
The shear irony of Putin who has killed tens of thousands of Uke civilians and is currently launching 100's of missiles at civilian targets today calling the damage to the bridge which is the main supply route for his military in the south "terrorism" should give even you pause.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2022, 10:31:37 AM »
So why does it have to be a secret? Just come out and say you blew the bridge up.. it's war after all. I don't necessarily believe that Russia is killing civilians, unless they partake in the war Red Dawn style, which doesn't exactly make them civilians. I don't believe either side went about anything the right way, so this is just a product of what both sides created and are reaping what they have sown.

Not only that, but Ukraine hasn't been honest, which had shed a lot of doubt on their credibility. Plus they are trying to pull the world in and taking billions of US dollars in the process which could escalate the war.  If Russia was going thru pulling folks out of their houses and lining them up, that would be one thing, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 10:36:56 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2022, 10:35:52 AM »
The shear irony of Putin who has killed tens of thousands of Uke civilians and is currently launching 100's of missiles at civilian targets today calling the damage to the bridge which is the main supply route for his military in the south "terrorism" should give even you pause.

LOL, exaggerate numbers much.