Author Topic: Mouse cursor freeze  (Read 435 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Mouse cursor freeze
« on: October 09, 2022, 04:51:29 PM »
I couldn't find this elsewhere. My mouse cursor is freezing when I start the game. It didn't start happening until recently and I can't think of a reason why. I can cntl/alt/del out the game a bunch of times and eventually it will unfreeze but its really hindering the game for me.

Thanks for any help.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Mouse cursor freeze
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 10:14:38 AM »
Not a lot of help with the problem but why not just ‘TAB’, or more correctly ‘whatever the command is’ ( Alt Tab. ?? ) to minimize the game. That would at least ease some of the pain.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 01:05:55 PM »
Not a lot of help with the problem but why not just ‘TAB’, or more correctly ‘whatever the command is’ ( Alt Tab. ?? ) to minimize the game. That would at least ease some of the pain.

Yeah tried that. Doesn't minimize. Windows key does but doesn't unstick the cursor.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 01:29:12 PM »
I tried to figure out what you're talking about. While the terrain loads the cursor doesn't move but before and after is does.

Except: I have no other controllers other than the mouse connected at the moment and when I jump into a plane on the runway the cursor disappears. The video about flying with the mouse runs on the clipboard but there's no way I could find to stop or close the video, or check the "don't show" box. But when I shut down the game and restart it, it's fully normal again until I go into a plane.

Something I noticed is that the mouse GUI is not mapped into the keyboard, there's four options for that.

Another thing I would have tried is the key to toggle the mouse on and off. I thought it was "H" but that did nothing, not alone nor with ctrl, alt or shift.

One trick to try is to shutdown your Windows by keeping the Shift key pushed down while clicking Shutdown. The next boot will then start with fresh settings instead of potentially corrupted ones. Worth trying, takes only a minute...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2022, 03:36:38 PM »
well when the game loads the cursor stays in the middle and just wont move. I tried variations of H but no luck.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2022, 03:39:09 PM »
Now I just tried it 3 times and it works perfectly. A mystery.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2022, 12:49:51 AM »
Now I just tried it 3 times and it works perfectly. A mystery.
Was there a Windows update that required a reboot? If so, that may have fixed the mouse issue. They say that a reboot instead of shutdown and boot does the same as the Shift trick.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni